N430 nav?

SkipCarey

Personally I find it liberating somehow only to navigate with ADF, VOR, FM homing and landmarks, roads, rivers, etc using the map. A GPS would ruin some of the old school feeling I get while flying the Huey. Once you get used to do it the old way you won’t miss the GPS :)

Edit: Ah sorry, I missed the VR part. I’ve never tried VR so I have absolutely no clue.

Edited by d0ppler

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

N430 nav?

Is this a better more simplified way to navigate?

IMHO no.

also does it work in VR?

AFAIK the 2D NS430 "popup" doesn't work in VR and the 3D NS430 is only available in the Mi-8 and L-39.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

One wonders why they would not make a 3d version for the huey?scratching my head

I've been saying the same elsewhere. If they have the 3d asset, it seems they'd have to do little more than assign an x/y/z coordinate location for it, and an additional checkbox on the vr menu

There are plenty of civilian huey's out there, so it's conceivable to have the ns430

A similar case could be made for the yak, in fact that seems more plausible than the l39

I think i saw a RL photo of a mig 21 sporting a new 430, but that would be up to another developer to implement

UTz8WJO.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Personally I find it liberating somehow only to navigate with ADF, VOR, FM homing and landmarks, roads, rivers, etc using the map. A GPS would ruin some of the old school feeling I get while flying the Huey.

just started the UN Pilot campaign and found out that most rivers ingame (size and shape) don't match how they look on the map (Kneeboard). I mean, i was flying the first mission where you transit from Tbilisi to Kutaisi and was looking on my kneeboard for reference. There were some places where the river got much wider with specific shape, but ingame it didn't, had the same width all the way. So it's not easy sometimes to find landmark reference when flying.

Hope we get sometimes maps in quality of MSFS 2020 where you really can fly 100% VFR, wich i like a lot.

But i also agree that gps would ruin that "old scool" feeling

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

But i also agree that gps would ruin that "old scool" feeling

Well, it's up to player to buy or not the GPS.

It would be very great to see it implemented in the huey.

Is this really difficult to do ? I mean both are ED product and the huey have some space on the dashboard.

maybe I don't realize the amount of work needed to do so...

Is this really difficult to do ? I mean both are ED product and the huey have some space on the dashboard.

maybe I don't realize the amount of work needed to do so...

There doesn't appear to be dev resources to complete/bug fix the NS430 or make it's 2D pop-up VR compatible, which IMHO should have priority i.e. if you are going to sell "virtual cockpit instruments" as paid DLC, they should at least match their store description.

The DCS NS 430 includes:

• Serves as both a communications radio, navigation radio, and GPS receiver

In terms of the Huey, there's multi-crew and perhaps a engine/FM rework (though word on that has gone quiet) ongoing, as multi-crew is needed for the Hind, that's where the dev(s) are working.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

There doesn't appear to be dev resources to complete/bug fix the NS430 or make it's 2D pop-up VR compatible, which IMHO should have priority i.e. if you are going to sell "virtual cockpit instruments" as paid DLC, they should at least match their store description.

Don't know what would be hard to implement it in 3d. The 3d model already exists, should take very little to integrate it into the huey for vr

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE