Shkval slew control with analog axes

Bourrinopathe

• ED Team

The dead zone is reported already, but I do not have an update for you. I have asked the team for news.

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

In fact this subject is on the table since 2010 and 2013, at that time we tried to make the mini-mouse of X52/X65 to control the Shkval.

The fact is the mini-mouse has 16 states, which makes almost unpracticable for little inputs, but I'm glad you guys keep the fight.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

• 1 month later...

Actually, since 2008, so 13 years.

The Shkval needs an OVERHAUL.  It never really worked.  It's simplistic arma level crap.  We need a realistically modeled Shkval that simulates contrast lock and working gates.

Dark planes against a pale blue sky should EASILY be locked.  But it takes about 20 tries right now, and you have to adjust the gate to the smallest box possible, which doesn't make any sense what-soever.  I should be able to adjust the gate to a large box, and it should be a near insta-lock on the aircraft.  It's the ground targets that should be harder to lock, due to the all the trees and vegetation badly contrasting with their camo paints and nettings.

And since I don't have a real stick, I never knew about the problems with slewing it, so there's one more problem with it.

ED, since you are working on the new radar model, please make Electo-Optical your next project!  It's been THIRTEEN YEARS!

Edited by 3WA

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Alleluia said:

Still nothing ?

You will see tweaks in the next patch planned for the end of March

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

For me BigNewy has made a miracle. It's fixed in my test version. I can sweet control the shkval with an analog axe (which isn't possible in 2.5.6). The fight is over! (At least for true analog ministick). No curve applied.

Great job to the guy(s) who tweaked it. Also has 7x/23x proportional speed.

Locking helicopters not coming at you is much, much easier. Now the real subject will be: will you beat the laser-locking trick on a fast moving target 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds great. Thanks for reporting it's now finally fixed! @Erforce

• Like 1

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...