Window is out of focus

Bearskin

It’s not a bug... it’s a warning, designed to help you understand in VR when the dcs game window has the focus of input for input devices. If another application window obscures the game window and it’s clicked on the mouse will change focus to the new application window. Minimising other application windows and maximising the game window should minimise the occurrence

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Not what i'm seeing . Minimising , alt+enter , cursor confined make not the slightest difference . Never had this problem before...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

It is part of the 2.5.6 features ... it ain’t a bug...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Try moving the taskbar to the left or right of the screen before starting DCS world, this fixed it for me. When you click in the bottom part of your screen, eg the FLIR toggle in the Hornet, or the ESC, FLY, CANCEL button, the mouse goes to the bottom of the screen on windows behind the DCS screen and puts focus back on your desktop. That's the way I see it anyway.

Edited by Bearskin
  • Like 1

GigabyteZ390, 9900K, RTX2080, 32 gig RAM,TM Warthog, Cessna Pro Pedals, Pico 4

It is part of the 2.5.6 features ... it ain’t a bug...

It certainly is a bug . I just don't know if it is Windows or DCS .

Try moving the taskbar to the left or right of the screen before starting DCS world, this fixed it for me. When you click in the bottom part of your screen, eg the FLIR toggle in the Hornet, or the ESC, FLY, CANCEL button, the mouse goes to the bottom of the screen on windows behind the DCS screen and puts focus back on your desktop. That's the way I see it anyway.

Moved the taskbar to left , never clicked anything on left , OOF came up while looking straight ahead . Oculus the only other program running , and it was minimised . Alt+Enter makes no difference either . The Escape KEY has also triggered it .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

before i start DCS, i always start windows mixed reality, put the headset on, do the "look down here" calibration and start DCS from the virtual desktop.

sometimes when steamVR home over laps the mixed reality home and you missed that calibation, then that error message happens alot

sometimes you have also hit left windows key + Y

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Window out of Focus

I'm using Pro Vive and this OOF happens almost every time I use DCS. I tried going into "system" and click on resolution. Right below resolution is the aspect ratio, which invariably is 1.7777777. When I click on the resolution which has always been 1980, it switches the aspect ratio to 16.9, but it won't stay there. I also have VoiceAttack, Viacom Pro, and JSGME running but all minimized.

With frame rate issues using SuperCarrier, I increased Steam resolution to 156, and reduced the VR resolution to 1.1.

32GB, 2070 Card, Intel i7 9700K

• 3 weeks later...
I'm using Pro Vive and this OOF happens almost every time I use DCS. I tried going into "system" and click on resolution. Right below resolution is the aspect ratio, which invariably is 1.7777777. When I click on the resolution which has always been 1980, it switches the aspect ratio to 16.9, but it won't stay there. I also have VoiceAttack, Viacom Pro, and JSGME running but all minimized.

With frame rate issues using SuperCarrier, I increased Steam resolution to 156, and reduced the VR resolution to 1.1.

32GB, 2070 Card, Intel i7 9700K

Me too, brand new Reverb Pro today and it's happening every couple of minutes, I did notice that if I leaned closer to the screeen (without bumping my head) the message disappeared and all was normal until I leaned back again, very strange. Never had a prob with the CV1.

My love affair with VR faded with the release of the P-47 and Channel map.

For sightseeing and helis VR is still incredible but for anything else the loss of graphics and performance just isn't worth it.

I dug out my trusty TrackIR and I admit it is a rough few hours to "go back" but now I can actually SEE targets, read gauges and run FULL graphics in a 45 inch TV and get 100 fps.

Now a week in I don't miss VR at all.

I'm seeing this a bit more often than I feel I should too... And generally when clicking things at the edge of vision/mousse constraint.

It's definitely allowing the mouse to leave the constraint of the DCS window.

Reverb here. All other programs minimized. I'm probably hitting the task bar.

On a side note...

When I Alt+Enter to go full screen... It confines my mouse to a somewhat random area of the screen in VR... making it so that I can't get to various buttons. The area I can click does NOT move with where I'm facing. It locks it to a specific square in 3D space and won't move out of that.

Mouse interaction is buggy as heck right now.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Window out of Focus Fix.

First time I get to post and solve a problem. Thanks to all the members who have helped solve issues as a team. I myself have found the info here very useful. I am glad to attempt to do my part.

WINDOW OUT OF FOCUS

This happens when you cursor to the bottom of your screen. The mouse is causing the Task Bar to become the "Top Layer" and DCS window is secondary. I simply moved my task bar the left side of my screen and confined mouse to game window. This stops the cursor from activating. It may not be the most efficient or permanent but, it gets the job done.

Happy Flying

before i start DCS, i always start windows mixed reality, put the headset on, do the "look down here" calibration and start DCS from the virtual desktop.

sometimes when steamVR home over laps the mixed reality home and you missed that calibation, then that error message happens alot

sometimes you have also hit left windows key + Y

I do this as well.

if i miss this, then i would run into the issue of the cockpit following me around...

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 2 months later...

THIS WORKS TO FIX "WINDOW IS OUT OF FOCUS!" issue...

Open STEAM, bring up DCS World, have Steam ready to hit the “PLAY” button.

Activate the VR headset.

If the VR Window opens on top of the Steam Window, move the VR window away from the Steam Window.

Minimize the VR Window.

Hit the “PLAY” button in the Steam Window. After DCS World starts, minimize the Steam window.

AT DCS World Main Screen, close the “cross eye alert” window.

Ensure the Options-VR Tab’s “cursor confined to game window” box is checked

Press ALT + Enter to go full screen on the DCS Window (thereby confining the mouse cursor). (Take a peek out of the VR Headset to ensure the DCS Window is full screen on your monitor)

• 5 months later...

Hi all, I wanted to add that I have a G2 and this Windows Out of Focus issue comes up for me at least once every time I play.  When this happens all my input devices are locked including mouse, HOTAS, and keyboard.  The only option to unfreeze it is to "wake up" the Reverb motion controller open the SteamVr settings menu and this reset the seated area (which starts the 3 second countdown before resetting).  After this I get back all the inputs...that is if my plane doesn't crash or I don't get blown out of the sky since it can take several minutes to go through this whole process.  

Needless to say this very annoying and emersion breaking. Anyone have a solution?

Can't say I have ever seen the issue with my G2.

I do not have controllers on when I am flying.

I also have in VR options in the game - Cursor confined to game window - selected.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I also have "Cursor confined to game window" checked in the VR options.  I usually start the game by putting on the REVERB which then starts the Windows Mixed Reality App.  From my home in WMR I open a window to my desktop and then double click on the DCS World OpenBeta (I have the stand alone version).  I use the motion sensor to navigate when I am in WMR home.  I also use the motions sensor so I can reset the seated position bc many times when DCS mission starts I'm not looking in the right direction

Hmm fwiw.

I turn headset on - standard WMR starts. I close that.

I then launch WMR for Steam VR Beta.

That launches both WMR and Steam VR. Headset still not on head.

I then put the G2 on top of my head, and launch DCS.

Once it is launched to main menu, I lower over my eyes - hit VR Recenter I have assigned to a button - and off I go.

I do it this way each time and each time I have had no issue.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for your help.  I think it worked to solve the issue because I have been using the standard/native WMR that turns on at start.  I didn't realize there was a difference between that and WMR for SteamVR.  But after playing for several hours I didn't get Window out of focus. 

34 minutes ago, MorrisTheCat said:

Thanks for your help.  I think it worked to solve the issue because I have been using the standard/native WMR that turns on at start.  I didn't realize there was a difference between that and WMR for SteamVR.  But after playing for several hours I didn't get Window out of focus. 

👍

Glad it helped!

Don B