TCS Stabilisation

Swordfish

Since latest patch, with STT lock, TCS picture is very jumpy, often aircraft is not in the TV window, Target cross on HUD is very jittery and jumping around. Before this patch the TCS was a very stable picture at range.

Front or back seat?

Single or Multiplayer?

If Multiplayer: Single or Multicrew?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's from the beginning as you can see the same behavior here:

I think it's on purpose and it's simulating the camera shake - exaggerated because of the zoom. SME opinion needed.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It's from the beginning as you can see the same behavior here:

I think it's on purpose and it's simulating the camera shake - exaggerated because of the zoom. SME opinion needed.

I've never had any such issues with camera shake in the rear pit, which is where I have spent 99.9% of my Tomcat flight hours in DCS. AFAIK the camera shaking only affects the front seat. From my very limited front seat experience I got the impression that there's a difference in regards to TCS camera shake if you're flying solo (no shaking) or with a human RIO (shaking, that looks like it comes from network lag between the pilot player and RIO player).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I tested at 2.5.6 as SP pilot and it shakes similar to the video.

Does the TCS feed shake in the backseat as well?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Does the TCS feed shake in the backseat as well?

Jumped into RIO seat in SP and it does shake too. The shake itself is most visible during the own aircraft roll. In stable level flight the TCS is mostly stable too.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Jumped into RIO seat in SP and it does shake too. The shake itself is most visible during the own aircraft roll. In stable level flight the TCS is mostly stable too.

I see, we're mostly in stable flight when I'm watching the TCS, so I'm not sure how it looks like when rolling.

Tornado3 small.jpg