Half Clickable Cockpit

Infiltrator

Is it a bug or is there a lot of unclickable switches? Even if the control isn't implemented it would be nice if the switch, button was clickable.

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1

it would be confusing for new players, I can imagine the lot of threads about "why such and such switch does nothing?"

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

AFAIK, it has been like that since 2008 Black Shark one. There is a lot of switches that either do nothing or are not modeled.

Some examples:

- “РАДИО” (Radio) button – Activates radio in transmit mode. No function

- “ГРУЗ” Sling load button - No function.

- “ПС ВОЗД” – Air-to-Air missiles hardpoints [LCTRL + U]. (No function)

- Missile warning system with laser jammer, self protection system mode of operation select, No Function

- Windshield washer fluid switch, No function

- Brightness adjustment knob, No function

To be fair ( and I am not sure if it applies to the KA-50), many real life aircraft do have a lot of switches that do nothing in the cockpit. At least the F-16 does in real life....I think the F-117 did also.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

it would be confusing for new players, I can imagine the lot of threads about "why such and such switch does nothing?"

The devs could attach a hint with the description of what the switch is for and a bracketed "(NS)" not simulated. The KA-50's cockpit is otherwise part high fidelity part FC3. The devs could also add a small 'dud' sound to the action of an unsimulated switch/control to give an audio idication it's not simulated. That would clear up any confusion. How many people hover their mouse pointer of an unsimulated switch/control believing it's simulated and the lack of action is either a bug or their pointer isn't placed over the control correctly :unsure:

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1

Is all in the manual, it has been for 12 years of Black Shark. Why change it now?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It was said that when KA-50 update comes, all the missing functions gets implemented same time for the FREE version as well. The Free (BS2) version just doesn't get the new features (President-S, IGLA etc) but all that was not implemented in 12 years will be there.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I thought they said "some" new systems would be added, not "All" systems would be added

ED should have called it the KA-50 Lite.

I wish the switches we're at least clickable, so we could pretend. For me it breaks the immersion some what, if I can't touch everything. lol

Not a big deal, I'm just OCD about stuff like this.

Yep, it irritates the hell out of me when there's a switch and it doesn't do anything. It's like an FC3 aircraft. If I'd known the KA-50 had so many unclickable controls I wouldn't have purchased it because it just irritates me.

Is it a bug or is there a lot of unclickable switches? Even if the control isn't implemented it would be nice if the switch, button was clickable.

I agree with Infiltrator.

Example, take an external SW like SRS, if the IFF panel buttons were implemented, maybe Ciribob could make work with them in a more realistical manner

Edited by flanker0ne

Yep, it irritates the hell out of me when there's a switch and it doesn't do anything. It's like an FC3 aircraft. If I'd known the KA-50 had so many unclickable controls I wouldn't have purchased it because it just irritates me.

Then don't buy the F-14...

Even in the real thing it had bunch of buttons and switches that had no function since they never got the upgrade of the IRST.

Ofc this is simulated in game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Then don't buy the F-14...

Even in the real thing it had bunch of buttons and switches that had no function since they never got the upgrade of the IRST.

Ofc this is simulated in game.

TBH, I don't care if certain functions aren't simulated as long as their functions are behind the scenes and have no visual representation of an animation other than the switch being physically moved. Every control - albeit simulated or not - should be clickable, regardless if it's functional or not. If it doesn't move like it should in real life then it breaks the immersion. That's the bare bone of it.