MMjoy button box problem

Gannon

Putting together my first button box using Arduino pro micro clone and MMjoy2.

I have just about everything working and for some reason 1 damn switch wants to turn on the other 4 in the row as show in the picture below. It should be button #5, but turns on 1-4.

https://ibb.co/4s3DwTH

As far as wiring, even though its button #5 in that row its actually wired between switches #3 and #4.

Not using diodes as I'm not too concerened with multiple press ghosting. But would a diode fix this issue? Why is this the only button in the matrix doing this and not other in that column?

Thanks for any help.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

Could you show how you set up the matrix? Did you swap colums and rows, perhaps?

Capture.jpg?width=812&height=641

In this Diagram the button in question is S4.

When I press it, the other 4 in the row are triggered all at once. so is it ghosting in the other columns?

I don't understand why that would happen with this single button and not everywhere else though.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It’s hard to check your setup when the wiring diagram ports doesn’t match the ports in MMJOY.

Have you set columns and rows according to this?

https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki/Controllers-(compatible-base-boards)

Yea the pin locations are different and I've made sure the correct coresspoining pins are used in mmjoy. If they weren't then I would have other buttons not working.

However every other button works. This one is just giving me simultaneous presses of every other button in its row. Its the only button doing this.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Gannon,

I Build also my own button box with Arduino and matrix buttons and I encountered the same problem. To avoid ghost button presses you have to use diodes after each button

https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki/Connecting-basic-inputs-and-setting-up-software

0497B039-44B8-427C-A867-892AF13DE74F.jpeg.bc19ca100edcfcfba8e6da7edb3e3e09.jpeg

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

• 1 month later...
Capture.jpg?width=812&height=641

In this Diagram the button in question is S4.

When I press it, the other 4 in the row are triggered all at once. so is it ghosting in the other columns?

I don't understand why that would happen with this single button and not everywhere else though.

In your schematic for switch "S4" your using Pin D9? D9 on some of my many docs I have for MMjoy2 is "ADC13". Also S5 is wired D7 to D8 isn't that BC to BC. Just a thought.

Both-pins.png

Edited by Brewnix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]