2A42 30mm Cannon

flanker0ne

Well?

That's not going to work.

The 2A42 feeds from two separate magazines. You can't just trade HE for AP ammo.

Can you not load both magazines with either ammo type? In real life I mean.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 3 weeks later...
Can you not load both magazines with either ammo type? In real life I mean.

Common sense wise, its the same caliber so there should be no problem. But on the other hand... "should"...

Since theres two separate magazines, the ammo type selection switch probably controls if ammo from magazin 1 (HE) or magazin 2 (AP) is used. Since AP/HE differ in weight, ballistics will differ too.

Hence i assume the calculation of the gun CCIP (by the K-041) is controlled by the ammo type selection switch too.

This would end up using e.g. HE in both magazines but one magazin using AP ballistics calculation (no matter if you have 500 rounds HE loaded, if magazin 1 is empty youve got to flip the ammo type selection switch to magazin 2 which also changes ballistics calculation for CCIP).

On the other hand there could be ground crew operated switches on the magazines itself or the like, giving an option to define loaded ammo types and change that behaviour (these switches would control how the K-041 calculates ballistics for each magazine and the ammo type selection switch just controls which magazin is used or its overridden completely when having just one ammo type loaded).

Just some assumptions how things could work the one or other way.

Been looking this up and the only place so far stating an option to take either 500 rounds AP or HE or split the 500 rounds 250 AP/HE each is the german Ka-50 Wikipedia page.

Business as usual on Wikipedia, the author didnt give any source (or its been an online source not available anymore now) for this claim (hence Wikipedia is considered "no valid source" for a reason), so no proof here.

Guess the best bet would be some russian speaking bloke looking up russian primary literature on the topic or maybe contacting the manufacturer.

Gone for good.

IMHO the first level of flexibility introduced by the Topic's wish, is to have 100% of one kind of ammunition the 0% in the other.

The one mentioned by Kailux is the next and full implementation.

i would agree to implement a Slider for each ammo type,

and obv disagree with the 2nd Option to have 200% AP or HE where Exchange of mags would bring in fact Troubles with ballistics as he said.

I think there should be an internal Ballistic settings somewhere....

X_aUnN2JlJOIkl7P_gaBkL_JC5bBO3tGr53asG3U73zJLVIb_fwJASzVDbN7ehra9psuYafA8Oj37q7k

2A42 30mm shells

Remember guys, w're talking about the same cannon mounted in the BMP-2, it should be compatible with and able to shoot different types of ammunition

Edited by flanker0ne