INS alignment faulty/off by ~120°/RDY appearing+not flashing on fast startup?

D4n

A question for SMEs, trackfile is here, is that even realistic behaviour? (as you can see, datalink indicates bandits on my six, not on my 10 o clock, where they actually are) https://ufile.io/fitc9j40

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Are you doing stored heading or full alignment?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

stored

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The INS page shows THDG

then shortly after STO HDG

then you get an equipment hot caution and things seem to reset

then when you return to the INS page it says

Basically something reset the airplane's computer possibly due to your sequence of switches which are not the one's from the manual or the air temperature or something else. You're really stressing the airplane by turning on everything before the engine is even on.

Shouldn't be the MFDs, just the DED (MMC really but DED text is a safe bet) and he did. It was beginning a perfectly normal stored alignment for a few seconds before that equip hot condition kicked in and rebooted the system.

Why was there an equip hot caution?

You need to wait until the MFDs are past the bootup screens to start alignment. You switch the INS knob to stored heading before that happens and then it resets which ruins the stored heading align.

1+

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

No, you can align an F-16 without ever turning on the MFDs.

Now the question is, in real F-16, or in DCS F-16?

No, you can align an F-16 without ever turning on the MFDs.

You're misunderstanding my post, which wasn't very clear. Whatever electrical issue caused the MFDs to flash is causing the INS alignment to reset. I don't know what's causing it, or if it should be happening, but the fix is to start aligning after that happens.

Edited by Santi871

You need to realign after re-arming, that's when you would use STORED as it will take the data from the initial alignment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

No need to realign INS during rearming or refueling.

Store heading is only use for alert or scramble launch in the Real aircraft. In the real F-16, main differences would be the rate that you get errors. Normal alignment will be good for hours. No need to worry about that if you a scrambling to intercept and aircraft.

ED has give us the choice in DCS, if we want to simulate the normal alignment or if we just want to do the store alignment to just hurry and fly. Store heading in real life will require a Normal alignment first, on the specific spot your currently park. Then the aircraft is shut down and set up for scramble.

So right now in DCS is user choice, which something the community is always requesting.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So, if I land after a sortie at a different airfield I will not need to realign after a refuel rearm?

I’ve been doing the full 8 minute alignment since I figured the stored data was for another airfield/parking spot.

Wanted to clarify, if I’m doing it wrong or not.

Thanks

AFAIK, no you don't need to.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

So, if I land after a sortie at a different airfield I will not need to realign after a refuel rearm?

I’ve been doing the full 8 minute alignment since I figured the stored data was for another airfield/parking spot.

Wanted to clarify, if I’m doing it wrong or not.

Thanks

AFAIK, no you don't need to.

I agree with Oceandar, you do not need to re align INS every time you rearm.

Keep in mind we do not have a lot of INS modes available right now in Open Beta 2.5.6.43931, which I think is fine.

Later on in the early access, hopefully we can get positional updates (with radar, or overfly or TGP, etc).

Inflight Alignment (IFA) is supper complicated and takes 10 to 15 minutes, it is also more of an emergency situation in the F-16, requiring to fly straight and level in a non accelerated flight for several minutes, followed by specific turns and followed by position updates, not worth modeling in my opinion. It would just add to the confusion people seem to be getting on the INS.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

. I just pretended the crew chief done it to me in DCS and stored it.

We don't do that, pilot prep their aircraft for store heading. But I think is cool ED is giving people the option.

To whom it may concern,

Agree :)

8 min is good for hardcore sim but for online quick servers the stor option is nice :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]