Thanks to all people of Eagle Dynamics!

Dutch Baron

I also would like to thank Eagle Dynamics and all the other third party companies (maybe not VEAO and Razbam is coming to that status as well) for their hard work in making a complex simulator work.

If I was to name a few things I don't think ED deserves praise is this:

- Lack of refund policies, that clearly break local laws regarding consumer rights.

- A "Beta/Stable" business model that doesn't work and needs proper reform.

- A sense of mild passive-agressive censorship in these forums, not really by ED itself but from the users. Which just makes it even stranger.

Other than this, I can't help but think DCS is the best combat simulator around. But, also, where's the competition anyway?

Keep it up! :)

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

• ED Team

Thank you all for the kind words of support.

The team is working hard on issues in 2.5.6 and we hope to have an update next week.

Keep the feedback and reports coming we appreciate it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

When I was a young lad my Dad risked life in the doghouse by bringing home an Amiga 500 computer. We couldn't really afford it and Mum berated him. He saw that PCs were the future and wanted my brother and I to learn how to use them from a young age.

Then he bought home FA18 interceptor... and thats where it started!!!

DCS is what I dreamed this type of thing would one day evolve into. It's amazing, it's flawed, but it is getting better all the time. You make friends from across the globe. It's the thinking man's game, many people won't or can't understand the attraction and the addiction.

So thanks again for a a kick arse product and keeping me out of the pub.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

+1

Still very happy with what ED is doing for us flight simmers.

I joined in early 2005 so I have been here for a while.

:thumbup:

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Just wanted to add my own thanks.

I'm particularly grateful for Kate's increased presence in the community. It's great to hear more in the way of direct, honest communication from the very top of ED. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I also would like to thank Eagle Dynamics and all the other third party companies (maybe not VEAO and Razbam is coming to that status as well) for their hard work in making a complex simulator work.

If I was to name a few things I don't think ED deserves praise is this:

- Lack of refund policies, that clearly break local laws regarding consumer rights.

- A "Beta/Stable" business model that doesn't work and needs proper reform.

- A sense of mild passive-agressive censorship in these forums, not really by ED itself but from the users. Which just makes it even stranger.

Other than this, I can't help but think DCS is the best combat simulator around. But, also, where's the competition anyway?

Keep it up! :)

so true!

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

:thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 1 month later...

I Very much Agree, excellent work. :)

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Stupid question but how to I access the free trial modules? I go into the modules manager and don't see anything?

Check back alittle later. It might take longer to implement.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Stupid question but how to I access the free trial modules? I go into the modules manager and don't see anything?

Not due to start until tomorrow

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Now I will try to learn more about WWII aircraft and maybe switch myself to that era this year.

Kinda thinking the same thing.

I enjoy the jets so much, and have kinda been like "meh" with the warbirds. But I'm thinking that might change...

Well,

starts tomorrow, but as a form of thanking ED for their move, I already DL'ed DCS Openbeta today, and bought the Fw190 A8, WW2 Assets Pack, and Normandy Maps.

Then I'll restrict my D/Ls to the 109 K4, the Spitfire and the UH-1H. Most probably ending with buying them during the promotional campaing.

Thank you ED !!!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Were it not for DCS I would be in a rocker on the porch in my retirement so, THANKS for making what you make

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

This forum seems appropriate to finally thank ED and their entire team for making my dreams come true.

I remember the first flight sim I ever played back on a DOS 286. It was F-119 Stealth Fighter. My father and I played it religiously. Then Came F-117 Stealth Fighter, Mega Fortress, EF-2000 and then came Janes USN Fighters. I thought I had hit heaven when USN Navy Fighters came out. From that point forward I bought all Janes Combat Sims and literally every flight sim for the PC after that.

During my conquest of Naval flight sims and EF-2000, I always dreamed of the day I could sit in a virtual cockpit surrounded by what I love most, running through the start up process, taxi to the CAT directed by the deck crew, launch, complete a mission, and do a fully recovery. I never thought I would see the day technology would catch up with my dream.

The day came when combat flight sims started to disappear. I remember buying Flanker 2.0 when it came out and was really impressed. I was not a huge fan at the time of Russian fighters but the fidelity was amazing, then LOMAC made the scene. I was back in the cockpit and tearing up the skies. Then the day came when DCS Black Shark arrived. I finally had a full fidelity flight model with a clickable cockpit. The learning curve was steep and it was a HELO. I was beyond excited to learn how to fly the Black Shark. THEN, DCS laid the foundation of my dreams. DCS A-10 made its grand appearance. I was absolutely stunned at what I had at my fingertips. My life long wish list started at that point and has never stopped.

I made a decision when I bought the A-10 to purchase every module for DCS World going forward to support ED and the sim. I have not missed one. I currently own everything they have released as well as every 3rd party module. My dreams are still coming true with the future WW2 modules, deck crew/super carrier module, and I pray at some point, a WW2 bomber.

ED and all third party devs, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my flight sim dreams come true. You have kept me sane during this COVID crisis and kept my mind busy learning all the systems on the F-18 and practicing carrier traps for our upcoming carrier module. You constantly have me on the edge waiting for the new updates, features, and modules to come (Especially a new cloud system and Vulkan). Thank you for the improved VR performance in the last patch as well. It is outstanding. It is the only way I fly. You have created a community of like minded people who now have a virtual home in the skies over many distant lands. I wish you all the best in health and in future projects. You have a life long customer that will always support you and is beyond appreciative for what you do for the community. Thank you so much! And PLEASE get the A-6 Intruder rolling. Devil 505 is waiting.

This forum seems appropriate to finally thank ED and their entire team for making my dreams come true.

I remember the first flight sim I ever played back on a DOS 286. It was F-119 Stealth Fighter. My father and I played it religiously. Then Came F-117 Stealth Fighter, Mega Fortress, EF-2000 and then came Janes USN Fighters. I thought I had hit heaven when USN Navy Fighters came out. From that point forward I bought all Janes Combat Sims and literally every flight sim for the PC after that.

During my conquest of Naval flight sims and EF-2000, I always dreamed of the day I could sit in a virtual cockpit surrounded by what I love most, running through the start up process, taxi to the CAT directed by the deck crew, launch, complete a mission, and do a fully recovery. I never thought I would see the day technology would catch up with my dream.

The day came when combat flight sims started to disappear. I remember buying Flanker 2.0 when it came out and was really impressed. I was not a huge fan at the time of Russian fighters but the fidelity was amazing, then LOMAC made the scene. I was back in the cockpit and tearing up the skies. Then the day came when DCS Black Shark arrived. I finally had a full fidelity flight model with a clickable cockpit. The learning curve was steep and it was a HELO. I was beyond excited to learn how to fly the Black Shark. THEN, DCS laid the foundation of my dreams. DCS A-10 made its grand appearance. I was absolutely stunned at what I had at my fingertips. My life long wish list started at that point and has never stopped.

I made a decision when I bought the A-10 to purchase every module for DCS World going forward to support ED and the sim. I have not missed one. I currently own everything they have released as well as every 3rd party module. My dreams are still coming true with the future WW2 modules, deck crew/super carrier module, and I pray at some point, a WW2 bomber.

ED and all third party devs, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my flight sim dreams come true. You have kept me sane during this COVID crisis and kept my mind busy learning all the systems on the F-18 and practicing carrier traps for our upcoming carrier module. You constantly have me on the edge waiting for the new updates, features, and modules to come (Especially a new cloud system and Vulkan). Thank you for the improved VR performance in the last patch as well. It is outstanding. It is the only way I fly. You have created a community of like minded people who now have a virtual home in the skies over many distant lands. I wish you all the best in health and in future projects. You have a life long customer that will always support you and is beyond appreciative for what you do for the community. Thank you so much! And PLEASE get the A-6 Intruder rolling. Devil 505 is waiting.

A wonderful post! My first experience was also on a 286 PC. Gunship using a Hercules graphics card that was mono! Now I am also flying amazing combat aircraft in VR, how far we have come.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat