Regular news/updates from ED would be nice

Elefant1301

I am just asking for more news about DCS: Supercarrier, that’s all.

I know that we get weekly DCS updates, but between one trailer, only few captures, scarce informations and daily updates, I think it is possible to strike a proper balance, isn’t it ?

I agree. I'd like to see a video of it without the flash and flare. Just a simple jet taxi to the CAT, launch and recovery.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

But honestly I'd rather that they miss the Q1 deadline if its not ready or will further break the game on release (especially MP).

I agree. The current state of the game is terrible. Please do pull another F16 release.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I know, devs, it's not fair, but you guys invented that dratted progress bar, so :P

And having had to code the silly things in the past they are a pain to get right - it is why people moved to spinning wheels, repeating bars etc. Maybe a two more weeks™ spinning option :D

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I agree. The current state of the game is terrible. Please do pull another F16 release.

wow....just wow.

this sim has only gotten better and better every since i started 3 years ago. i have opted into the beta version so i understand that things are incomplete and that there are bugs. i am ok with it and love DCS.

as a real world pilot i can tell you that it is amazingly realistic and detailed.

it sounds as if you are not okay with this. i would suggest that you stop all playing of DCS as it looks as if you are the kind of person who is never happy.

good luck to you

And having had to code the silly things in the past they are a pain to get right - it is why people moved to spinning wheels, repeating bars etc. Maybe a two more weeks™ spinning option :D

Exactly right! Also the, "Module not responding..." option. :joystick: If they wanted to do it right, they could hire a whole firm to manage the forum progress bars! Jobs Jobs Jobs :thumbup:

wow....just wow.

this sim has only gotten better and better every since i started 3 years ago. i have opted into the beta version so i understand that things are incomplete and that there are bugs. i am ok with it and love DCS.

as a real world pilot i can tell you that it is amazingly realistic and detailed.

it sounds as if you are not okay with this. i would suggest that you stop all playing of DCS as it looks as if you are the kind of person who is never happy.

good luck to you

Please be more open minded. It's perfectly possible to love ED's (completed?) products and still be frustrated with the lack of comms at the same time.

My opinion....

1. Let ED do real thing not news and reports, I know from personal experience it is pain in... all updates, reports etc.

2. If even FAQ for all question exist always you find 10 person out of 100 who ask same question. So double waste of time first writing FAQ and reply to those people with link to FAQ. And maintaining FAQ and update it require effort as welll

Nokia 6.1 with Tapatalka

Project management knowledge draws on ten areas:

Integration

Scope

Time

Cost

Quality

Procurement

Human resources

Communications

Risk management

Stakeholder management

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

• 3 weeks later...

I think my first flight sim was Falcon. 1987 or 88 ish. Janes became popular and was damn good. MS FS. Just wasn't my thing. DCS BS. Only crap. Since then DCS has been on top. For those upset about some of the modules you need to read the fine print. Early Access. I am somewhat on your side with just how many of them are still Early Access but DCS is still BY FAR the best Combat flight sim you can play today.

As far as the SuperCarrier goes. I am fine with it will be released when ready. Although it looks like it will be released with readyish but that doesn't mean you have to buy it. I am. DCS is the longest games series I have ever played. I don't see that changing. Between software and hardware it is one hell of an investment but it's been worth every penny. Time to go practice being a sea dart to get ready.

I think my first flight sim was Falcon. 1987 or 88 ish. Janes became popular and was damn good. MS FS. Just wasn't my thing. DCS BS. Only crap. Since then DCS has been on top. For those upset about some of the modules you need to read the fine print. Early Access. I am somewhat on your side with just how many of them are still Early Access but DCS is still BY FAR the best Combat flight sim you can play today.

As far as the SuperCarrier goes. I am fine with it will be released when ready. Although it looks like it will be released with readyish but that doesn't mean you have to buy it. I am. DCS is the longest games series I have ever played. I don't see that changing. Between software and hardware it is one hell of an investment but it's been worth every penny. Time to go practice being a sea dart to get ready.

Playing since '87 and only 37 posts.

After reading this I think you should post more often.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Over three months since pre-orders opened and that trailer video with no news. I agree that they should not rush this product out and should take their time. The communication issue with ED will never go away and it will always be the same. I think that's the part that gets confused in this community. Just because people ask for updates or news it does not mean that they are rushing. Tell us "Hey, this is what we are up to this month with the Supercarrier module. Or hey, we are doing this to the Hornet." That is what is lacking. Let's hope for a homerun this time around.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Over three months since pre-orders opened and that trailer video with no news. I agree that they should not rush this product out and should take their time. The communication issue with ED will never go away and it will always be the same. I think that's the part that gets confused in this community. Just because people ask for updates or news it does not mean that they are rushing. Tell us "Hey, this is what we are up to this month with the Supercarrier module. Or hey, we are doing this to the Hornet." That is what is lacking. Let's hope for a homerun this time around.

Well, IMO, I think the SC is the only module I have seen with such a lack of promotion. As you said, 3 months and 1 video which was 3 months ago. I too want them to get it right for release, but the lack of info is mind-boggling. Now if they were to say, we don't want to provide any footage until a release date is known so they can do a release trailer or training video, then I'll understand that. But this constant "soon" is like nails on a chalkboard to me.:)

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Well, IMO, I think the SC is the only module I have seen with such a lack of promotion. As you said, 3 months and 1 video which was 3 months ago. I too want them to get it right for release, but the lack of info is mind-boggling. Now if they were to say, we don't want to provide any footage until a release date is known so they can do a release trailer or training video, then I'll understand that. But this constant "soon" is like nails on a chalkboard me.:)

Kinda scary. They are hoping for a Q1 release. I honestly would not care if they said that they are pushing it back but give continuous updates. There has not been a Hornet update in quite some time. It makes me think that something is going on internally at the company. Updates and features were coming out monthly but have come to a grinding halt over the past 8-10 months. Leading up to the release of the Hornet / Persian Gulf map, the communication was awesome. Wags did some live streams, everyone was hyped.

Edited by Bloodhound57

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

So there is the weekly newsletter, that is pushed via e-mail and here on the forum. Additional infos on the updates for the OpenBeta on a weekly/half weekly basis, by the community managers... I would not call that "missing" communication. It might not be the message that you are waiting for, but there is no "lack of communication", I guess.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So there is the weekly newsletter, that is pushed via e-mail and here on the forum. Additional infos on the updates for the OpenBeta on a weekly/half weekly basis, by the community managers... I would not call that "missing" communication. It might not be the message that you are waiting for, but there is no "lack of communication", I guess.

As much as I enjoyed the news about an airshow and guns, it was very sparse on the product that is supposed to release in a few weeks.

Ok then, when I submit a bug I will describe how nice LEDs in PC are and tell your support that there is no lack of communication, just it's not the message they are waiting for, but they can't complain :thumbup:

Danger zone!

Thanks for the reply. This thread is about missing communication for the Super Carrier Module.

You know, the product that is scheduled for imminent release. You get the point. Also some of those "news letters" are just product sales.

Also, news letters are not the correct avenue for distributing this kind of information. It should be stickied on this forum.
You mean like this and the other "News and Updates"?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2537483

...I guess the lack of info on the Carrier is based on a lack news to show. Aka "coding XYZ" or testing feature abc, without any real news?

My guess is they are doing a lot of testing against the bugfixes for 2.5.6 to ensure the fixes don't break anything. ur that's just a guess. :dunno:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Please keep an eye on our newsletters and patch notes.

We are planning an update this week for open beta, if all goes well we will publish patch notes with any changes made.

Thanks

BIGNEWY

Community Manager Eagle Dynamics

Posted 3 hours ago in another thread...

F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.

You mean like this and the other "News and Updates"?

No, I said this forum. Where you'd expect to find it.

I'm unsure why ED continue to bury information in the news letters, then get confused as to why they're criticised for poor comms. News letters are good don't get me wrong, but not everyone knows about them, and that's not the place for up to date info.

No, I said this forum. Where you'd expect to find it.

I'm unsure why ED continue to bury information in the news letters, then get confused as to why they're criticised for poor comms. News letters are good don't get me wrong, but not everyone knows about them, and that's not the place for up to date info.

That IS a thread in the "Official Updates" section in this very ED forum.

Exactly where I would expect "News and Updates" to be posted.

Together with the Changelog threads and other updates. All stickied and sorted by recent posting and locked, so all the info does not get buried in comments like in the usual threads, where Big newy and 9-lines update and info posts get "overlooked" because people can't be bothered to "read through that much pages"...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Countless times they said the same thing over and over again, yet these questions are being asked for no purpose than to stir things up it seems.

Each Wednesday - "Update today?"

Each Friday - "No update about XYZ?"

And then "no communications" "somethings up" and other tinfoil hat theories in between these days.

Accept the facts - they are working on it, and also think for a moment about the world we live in these days.

Relax, have fun, stay safe.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

That IS a thread in the "Official Updates" section in this very ED forum.

Exactly where I would expect "News and Updates" to be posted.

Together with the Changelog threads and other updates. All stickied and sorted by recent posting and locked, so all the info does not get buried in comments like in the usual threads, where Big newy and 9-lines update and info posts get "overlooked" because people can't be bothered to "read through that much pages"...

That thread is still 25 pages long, covering everything DCS newsworthy. There is no specific update thread in this (sub)forum.

I'm not sure why you're so intent on disagreeing with me; the very presence of threads like this indicate there's a comms issue.