Crackling Audio & Faulty Sound Control after Update 2.5.6

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

Hi, I reported this in the JF-17 bugs section but got no response from ED. So I'll try here.

I use a Bose Soundlink Revolve+ via Bluetooth to my laptop. No mods. After the 15 Feb update (2.5.6)...

a) The in-game audio (commns, engine, etc) has some crackling noises.

b) Menu options for sound don't seem to work properly. Volume controls for Default speakers option don't seem to work.

c) Happens in all modules I have, eg. FA-18, F-16, JF-17.

I didn't have these problems before the update. Was something done to the sound files? Yes, I could use regular wired speakers but the point is this wasn't a problem before 2.5.6. My other non DCS games, YouTube, MP3s all work fine.

Thanks

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

• ED Team

Hi

I have moved the report to the sound bugs section

Can you attach your dcs and a dxdiag for the team.

you may find updating your sound driver helps also

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

I have same issue. In 2.5.5. I havent any issue with sound and FPS. After update to 2.5.6. I have crackling audio and lower FPS. Yesterday I upgrade DCS to Openbeta 2.5.6.43872 and issues are still there.

Lower FPS:

on full stennis 2.5.5 - 45FPS > 2.5.6. - 43-44FPS - its OK but...

free flight near caucasus shoreline 2.5.5. - 60FPS (gsync) > 2.5.6. - very offen drop to 40FPS.

Chase cam F2 - GPU at 60%

In cockpit F1 - GPU at 99%

measured in hornet near caucasus shoreline

Hi

I have moved the report to the sound bugs section

Can you attach your dcs and a dxdiag for the team.

you may find updating your sound driver helps also

thank you

I have attached my DCS Log and DxDiag. (For info, audio is still crackling after 21 Feb update.)

Thanks

CracklingSound_ 2.5.6_DCSLog_DxDiag.zip

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

• 4 months later...
Hi, I reported this in the JF-17 bugs section but got no response from ED. So I'll try here.

I use a Bose Soundlink Revolve+ via Bluetooth to my laptop. No mods. After the 15 Feb update (2.5.6)...

a) The in-game audio (commns, engine, etc) has some crackling noises.

b) Menu options for sound don't seem to work properly. Volume controls for Default speakers option don't seem to work.

c) Happens in all modules I have, eg. FA-18, F-16, JF-17.

I didn't have these problems before the update. Was something done to the sound files? Yes, I could use regular wired speakers but the point is this wasn't a problem before 2.5.6. My other non DCS games, YouTube, MP3s all work fine.

Thanks

Hi! I didnt have this problem until this am. I have turtle beach headphones. I only have tried the JF but it doesnt happen in audio tests

What happens is theres this odd crackling noise. like interference not static

I cant figure it out. I tridd all the old tricks, I tried messing with SRS etc

• ED Team

I recently started using my new pc, I was having crackling sound issues on my front audio only, it turned out I needed to update my realtek drivers.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

I also had this crackling sound issue on my reverb. after much testing I removed the usb hotplug disable option mentioned here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-world-2-5/bugs-and-problems-ai/game-performance-ac/253147-disable-hot-plug-devices?t=251377

after that the crackling was gone

• ED Team
I also had this crackling sound issue on my reverb. after much testing I removed the usb hotplug disable option mentioned here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-world-2-5/bugs-and-problems-ai/game-performance-ac/253147-disable-hot-plug-devices?t=251377

after that the crackling was gone

Wow! Thanks for the feedback!

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

well I must correct my statement it occurs less after I removed the hotplug config val. still some crackling from time to

time