English/American Light Attack aircraft (what would you like to see?)

Avimimus

English/American Light Attack aircraft (what would you like to see?)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. English/American Light Attack aircraft (what would you like to see?)

• A-6
    • F-5
    • Sepecat Jaguar
    • Harrier (GR. 7/9?)
    • AV-8B
    • Predator UAV

The Jaguar is a magnificent aircraft, but half French. Give them some credit!

The AV-8B and the GR7/9 are almost identical - they're both Harrier II variants with the big epoxy wing. Equipment fit does vary a bit . . . but enough to class them as entirely separate aircraft?

A6, Baby!

Get the Intruder in there. Add an aircraft carrier, and some mid-air refueling, and this little all weather bomber will be a blast to fly. Also, isn't the Jag going out of service as well?

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Also, isn't the Jag going out of service as well?

Flyby

It's gone :(

A real shame - a very capable aircraft, recently updated, designed to operate from rough strips, very difficult to FOD . . . . in some respects a better match for conditions in Iraq and Afghanistan than the UK's current light strike aircraft.

Anyone saying this in the corridors of the MoD will probably find themselves being glared at by the Harrier/Typhoon supporters, though ;)

jag is being replaced by the JSF project..... it was a very capable A/C for todays Ops. but high maintance cos its old..

no radar so thats a bonus.. A6 is out of service aswel.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The Jaguar is a magnificent aircraft, but half French. Give them some credit!

The AV-8B and the GR7/9 are almost identical - they're both Harrier II variants with the big epoxy wing. Equipment fit does vary a bit . . . but enough to class them as entirely separate aircraft?

I'm clear on harrier variants. I originally had a Mk3, which is much to my preference but Joey45 requested that it be changed.

As for the Jaguar it appears in the Eurasian thread as well...

i did not request it, i only voiced my opinion...

p.s. there was two version of the Jag in service the French had a differnt version from us.. i do not know what version the indain AF had.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

I'd go for the Harrier myself, there isn't a good sim currently out there, and with the DCS capability, would be cool to add.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

The A-6 intruder with carrier ops would be the best choice.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Guest mightypk

The Jag has definitely a place in this sim since its A/G, retired (which means no classified data), great mythic plane.

Don't forget:

"The Jag is the only plane that takes off because the earth is round"

"Never seen as much spare parts flying in so close formation!"

:pilotfly:

The french community and not only them would be so thankful for such a great plane. :joystick:

Sorry for my english :(

what classified data?... it didnt have a radar to start off with.

plus we'll have a Ground Attack, recce, strike A/C thats designed to take off from motorways.