Resources for weight calculations?

kengou

Does anyone have resources for the weights of airframe, racks, various stores, on the in-game Hornet? I know I can go into the rearm menu or ME and just record everything but wasn't sure if this work had already been done or was listed somewhere.

Edit: Here is the Google spreadsheet I've been working on to calculate weight, fuel, trim, asymmetry, and takeoff speeds. The weights seem to line up with DCS from my testing but not everything has been tested yet, so please send me any corrections.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzZWlXcGvsEV_0lo4PrvnG9xfc4BTXWpWJ7RFyhd6hk/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by kengou

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I could be wrong and misreporting but I've read that the loadout/rearm panel is correct weight. The checklist page on the DDI is sometimes wrong, but apparently is correct with no weaponry on board. I've seen no information on specific trim settings.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Nice work! I'll be checking this out to compare it with in-game info.

AFAIK, the checklist page started giving some incorrect weights last summer after an update, but thats been reported as "better".

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Hi there Kengou!

First of all, thanks for your efforts, your spreadsheet is a great resource to have.

Secondly, some time ago Bailey made a utility to calculate the weight and balance of various DCS modules, including the Hornet. Here it is

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305863/

You may try to contact him and ask about more data (for example, I noticed you don't have twin GBU-38s in the spreadsheet, he does in the app). He hasn't updated his program since last August, maybe you two could start working together and give us the definitive W&B utility for the Hornet (and, why not, other modules!)

Hi there Kengou!

First of all, thanks for your efforts, your spreadsheet is a great resource to have.

Secondly, some time ago Bailey made a utility to calculate the weight and balance of various DCS modules, including the Hornet. Here it is

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305863/

You may try to contact him and ask about more data (for example, I noticed you don't have twin GBU-38s in the spreadsheet, he does in the app). He hasn't updated his program since last August, maybe you two could start working together and give us the definitive W&B utility for the Hornet (and, why not, other modules!)

Wonderful! Big thanks to you and to Bailey. I updated my spreadsheet with Bailey's values (nearly everything was only off by a pound or two). Added 2x GBU-38 as well. Saves me the time of going into the rearm menu in DCS and writing everything down.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD