Fighter Ops In-game Screens

amalahama

High alt meshes? To be frank, I couldn't care more or less on how nice the terrain is, as long as the flight dynamics and damage moddeling are good. All that eye candy takes away cpu cycles from the core, the 'flight' portion of flight sim.

Different people - different opinions...

Nothing special, ugly aircraft, and shopped ground renders with static shadows

No, they say all of that pictures are IN-GAME, rendered in real-time. So all the shadows and stuff are in realtime.

The aircraft in the first screen is a test 3D model, not the complete Hi-res plane.

Regards!!

Mhmm... rendered in real time doesn't say much when it's a still image, could have taken 1 hour real time to render :D

Anyways... looking forward to FO release. In 2014 or so...

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

the screens sure look nice - as a groundpounder eye candy certainly does add to the realism and enjoyment and is one thing i wish for to be improved in time. Only trouble is that if you look for a sim, it takes more than just graphics and i think that the detailing of the flightmodel, getting proceedures and systems right, having the environment correspond appropriately and realistic is the more difficult job. i am looking forward to the release of BS and the subsequent flyable addons due to the above mentioned. Although the gfx may not be as good and enticing initially as the FO screenshots shown above, the gfx and game engine of BS is supposed to be updated continuously. So good things are comming to us great detailed flyabels and great gfx. - cant wait

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

whoa! that terrain and water looks freaking wicked. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hope you like the images, as they where not intended to be released to the public eye. To late now :).

They are not photoshop ground renders with static shadows they are screen shots directly from our game rendering engine.

To get the full story go here: http://www.fighterops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8014

I do believe the terrain was rendered using Terragen.

Moreover, the screenshots of the water were taken from a water shader demo application called "projective grid concept demo". This application demo was distributed with source code ... I've uploaded this demo application (and source code) to this message so everyone can see for themselves. (download here)

Uh oh.

Wipsnake, I posted a link to the tech demo which they used to create the water screenshots. Just download it and see for yourself (link in my previous post). I will contact the author of the tech demo.

I haven't seen any application that renders terrain exactly like Terragen does.

It's quite unique.