What is SSLR?

skouras

Also in this scene, SSLR shown with the new KA-50 cockpit here. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=228057&stc=1&d=1582167582

If these reflections, especially on the glass (the cord etc) are real-time dynamic reflections and not bre-baked, I'm going to cry tears of joy.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

If these reflections, especially on the glass (the cord etc) are real-time dynamic reflections and not bre-baked, I'm going to cry tears of joy.

That would be brilliant indeed!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Pre-baked as I heard.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4219071&postcount=4495

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yeah, I saw... Shame. The white rotor housing at the back of the cockpit is indeed reflected off of the black metal of the cockpit though, which is pretty neat and perhaps the best example of SSLR inside a cockpit at the moment.

Makes me think that the capability for glass reflections is there, but for whatever reason, they're not showing up on the glass. It might be something with the transparency, or the viewing angle of the glass.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

• 1 month later...
Yes it's pretty cool !
Yeah, except they're not dynamic (on the glass). They're still pre-baked, unfortunately. The dynamic element is the one shown on the back of the cockpit, the reflection of the white rotor housing on the black metal. I, at least, cannot see any difference on the canopy glass with SSLR on vs off.

-

• 1 year later...

Just wanna say, SSLR is really cool in DCS but it is flickerring little.

The flickering can be normal with such technology but it's too hard. Maybe it need to be forced with nvidia SSLR tech but it don't seem to work.
For exemple, theire is a mod on Assetto Corsa to force the GPU producing SSLR on the cars and enviro (the game don't have SSLR without with mod anyway). And it work pretty well. Anyway, SSLR is a good feature (at my eyes, i know much of people don't care and i understand), even if it is little too consuming FPS XD But i can not fly without now ! 🙂

Exemple of SSLR effect on plane (in red areas) :

AM-JKLVxEGLhm2VfislzE5xXksfkSNN6ynWVQgk2

Look how the SSLR don't only reflect the enlighted textures but also all the shapes of the plane on each. It give really dimention to the object. Also, it's not very clear but it also improve the reflexion of the environement on the plane. The only thing sad is that we can not enjoy it so much because plane are much of the time matt painted XD Anyway. It maybe need little work to improve quality (and kill the flickering) and optimisation but it's cool. Just wanted to share 😄

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 1