New screenshot over at fighterops-link

geno409

What's the relation with DCS:BS ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Wait 'till you see the next screenshots. :music_whistling:
Screenshots doesn't make a great game. With DCS, we know that the feeling of flight will be awesome and other things that we've been spoiled with from Lomac. What do we really know about FO?

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

It's had a lot of time put into it & apparently their intention is to make it as hard core as ED hopes BS to be - no reason to believe that they won't do the system modelling right, etc, & the models look very good - esp the planes (though some of the building textures, for all the nice models, seem behind the overlaid signs to have fairly bland textures..), but I'm not sure if I want to buy a module that gives me just a basic trainer for however long it takes till the next module arrives...

Ka-50 might not be much of a turn on for the fast jet lovers, but it's got to be more exciting than doing touch & go's in a basic trainer.

Cheers.

Screenshots doesn't make a great game. With DCS, we know that the feeling of flight will be awesome and other things that we've been spoiled with from Lomac. What do we really know about FO?

We know that it is an ambitious project that is essentially the "FUBU" brand of flight sims. And while they do not have a game to directly build upon for their product to give confidence to the market of their abilities, their only way of recognition is through the communities positive reactions towards their progress. I do agree that screenshots alone don't make a great game, nor to in game videos or excessive hype. One should at least give them the benefit of the doubt that they intend to put out a quality product that any flight simmer can enjoy.

Flight simmers can't afford to take a fanboy approach with their selection of favorite sim, there are far to many being developed these days to drive potential developers out of the market. So when you ask yourself, why should you, the loyal reader of LO:DCS:BS forums, should care what other flight sims are doing. Just remember that we all share a passion, and that passion shares a very small percentage (my guess is < 5%) of the overall gaming market.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

We know that it is an ambitious project that is essentially the "FUBU" brand of flight sims. And while they do not have a game to directly build upon for their product to give confidence to the market of their abilities, their only way of recognition is through the communities positive reactions towards their progress. I do agree that screenshots alone don't make a great game, nor to in game videos or excessive hype. One should at least give them the benefit of the doubt that they intend to put out a quality product that any flight simmer can enjoy.

Flight simmers can't afford to take a fanboy approach with their selection of favorite sim, there are far to many being developed these days to drive potential developers out of the market. So when you ask yourself, why should you, the loyal reader of LO:DCS:BS forums, should care what other flight sims are doing. Just remember that we all share a passion, and that passion shares a very small percentage (my guess is < 5%) of the overall gaming market.

Bah, I'll be as much of a fanboy as I please :P

Of course I hope that FO will be a great product, but the scope of the production seems to be huge, I wonder if they can really pull it off, they're not even working full time on the project as I understand it.

I guess time will tell... but hopefully not too much of it ;)

.....and then there is always the real possibility that Technology itself might pass you by like a Ghost in the Night.......

With the eventual release of FO who knows how long down the line, technology itself might have increased to such an extent that the product you have released/intend to release is by it's very nature " antiquated" due to the delay......IMHO yet another possibility to consider.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

With DCS, we know that the feeling of flight will be awesome and other things that we've been spoiled with from Lomac. What do we really know about FO?
Actually DCS:BS is as unknown for us, as the FO. Yes, we've been given some taste in Flaming Cliffs with Su-25T (which I almost don't use at all), but helicopter sim is a whole new area. What we felt when dealing with Flanker/LockOn series, do not apply to DCS. We don't know, we even can't suspect how it's going to be until we play it... just like with FO.

But don't understand me wrong - I have high hopes for both sims.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Actually DCS:BS is as unknown for us, as the FO. Yes, we've been given some taste in Flaming Cliffs with Su-25T (which I almost don't use at all), but helicopter sim is a whole new area. What we felt when dealing with Flanker/LockOn series, do not apply to DCS. We don't know, we even can't suspect how it's going to be until we play it... just like with FO.

But don't understand me wrong - I have high hopes for both sims.

Well I can imagine how it will feel, especially as DCS is being made by the same people that made Lomac.

The thing that thrills me about FO is that not only are you simulating the training process, you're simulating the training people. Those who don't have Voice-Comms available will have a totally different experience from those who do. If you have a mic, with FO you will be trained by a real person, flying the back seat, judging your performance. They might be an IP in the Talon IRL even. I have extremely high hopes for both, and I'm more excited about DCS because it's closer to coming, but from what I've seen and heard (the sounds are going to be exquisite as well) FO is not going to be a sim anyone wants to pass up, just as DCS isn't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.