[REPORTED]VR Performance OB 2.5.6

Gripen 4-1

i have tried to replicate this, and i can't i can see the problem on your video, when i try replicate it on my system? specs and settings below... (i did add various levels and shadows, but that was the only difference)

What i did find, and i have seen this a couple of times, is that i can replicate it when Motion Vectoring isn't really on, even though it says it is ,for some reason no idea why, I will have a variable frame rate ...even though i have MV on it will be up in the 50's and down in the low 40's back and forth... a reboot seems to fix it.

I believe that is because you're on Reverb. Not all motion reprojections are created equal as Gryzor pointed out in previous page. That was the point I was trying to support.

i7-4790K @ 4.5Ghz - GTX1080 - Asus Maximus III Hero - 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 2133 - Crucial M2 - Vive Pro

Edited by Taz1004

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that is because you're on Reverb. Not all motion reprojections are created equal as Gryzor pointed out in previous page. That was the point I was trying to support.

i7-4790K @ 4.5Ghz - GTX1080 - Asus Maximus III Hero - 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 2133 - Crucial M2 - Vive Pro

Correct. I had Samsund Odyssey 1 year ago, under WMR, and reprojection was superb. No double images or ghosting during dogfight, when pursuiting a bogey.

Now with Index, directly under SteamVR (motion smoothing), the ghosting is terrible. Differents algorithm. With ASW in Oculus I have had the same issues.

Currently, I´m waiting ReverbG2 one of the reason its that WMR algorithm doesn´t produces ghostings at all, I remember it was SUPER the reprojection with my Odyssey. Sadly, the steamVR algorith or ASW is quite bad, at least for sims.

Any better after last patch in the VR performacje ?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

No, sorry.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

Ive started doing some VR recording tests, I may do more in the future, wanted to show the performance I am getting.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Nice, will watch it later on my computer. It would be great start to prepare some bechmark. Same for all. Sending or not gathered data for analisis. Everyone has differen pc so... with that kind of information you coud do research about performance holes and what to repair to bring it back where it was.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Ive started doing some VR recording tests, I may do more in the future, wanted to show the performance I am getting.

Yes, I see the same performance as you, not surprising considering we have almost the same hardware except I'm on the Reverb.

However, a couple of things:

1) that mission has hardly anything going on. Try Ready on the Ramp in PG, fly through Dubai at around 500 ft, do some banked turns. Try the Spitfire Big Show campaign, or the free flight mission on the Channel Map over any town looking to the side. Then you'll see struggles.

2) running at 100% SS. That is all well and good, but try bumping to 170%, which is equivalent to a modest 1.3PD. I know you keep advising people to use 100%, but not sure why. The difference in clarity at 170 or 200 is immense. Just a pity that a decent frame rate can't be sustained.

Maybe the 30xx (and Vulkan) will be the answer, but at the moment I am running at 4K on my TrackIR more and more as my frustration with VR in DCS is quite high!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Actually, I'm coming round to this 100% theory. Although not so great visually, it is a better, less stressful, way of playing DCS in VR. No annoyances of fpsVR going red, and generally a good smooth experience.

However, the clarity in the cockpits suffers a lot, but it's a compromise like everything else in DCS VR.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that GatorNutz and I have just found an important conflict between DCS and the MSI Dragon Center software on his computer.

GatorNutz was experiencing very low FPS (around 20-30) on his high-end PC. It appears he had configured DCS in the MSI Dragon Center "Gaming mode" menu with the "Extreme Gaming" option turned on. As soon as he removed DCS from the MSI Dragon Center list, he got his ~140 FPS back!

Bascially, DO NOT ADD DCS as a game to be managed by MSI's Dragon Center!!

--Sorry for cross-posting, but I think it's important--

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

140fps in VR??? Not possible in DCS :)

It seems many underlaying software damages DCS performance.

Maybe it´s time to think why that happens.

I mean: antivirus think they have to sniff what DCS does, windows pagefile interferences, GPU driver failures while trying to improve settings, old GPU shaders that worsen experience, windowed mode vs full screen mode.....

DCS is the only porpouse of many people rigs but many times it seems that the system consider it malware or garbage.

Has anyone tried to give DCS exe files Admin rights to run or something similar and try if that make any difference?

there should be an easy way to improve system priority.

Edited by Leaderface

Using Incirlik airbase, after a lot of testing i found out that i have better/great performance with the Tomcat in VR, 30/40 fps on the ground. But as soon i try with the Viper of the Hornet my performance get low as 15/20 fps with stutters; If i start in a shelter, with the Viper or the Hornet, the performance it´s about 15/20 fps, then i tried to start in a ramp (near the hardened shelters) with the Viper or the Hornet and the performance was better (28/30 FPS). There is someting i can´t explain.

Please try this too see if the issue it´s the same for you.

For now i will start from a ramp and not from a hardened shelter.

EDIT: i found that if i disable/set Turbulence to 0 i get a few more fps...

Best regards,

F.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Does look quite decent there. It's rare to see someone using a Cosmos. That thing has been talked down a lot, for valid reasons. But I guess when you're not using the hand controllers for simming, it's OK, even though it's still quite pricy as all the HTC ones are. The flip-up design can be useful though if you take notes or wanna have access to the pdf files you might need a look at sometimes.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

@BIGNEWY

How are you getting on? did you find something? greets mike

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

• 2 weeks later...
Does look quite decent there. It's rare to see someone using a Cosmos. That thing has been talked down a lot, for valid reasons. But I guess when you're not using the hand controllers for simming, it's OK, even though it's still quite pricy as all the HTC ones are. The flip-up design can be useful though if you take notes or wanna have access to the pdf files you might need a look at sometimes.

I tried the Cosmos, but returned it after it failed to live up to expectations. Got the HP Reverb, but sadly the issues with reprojection caused by DCS performance means that even with an RTX 3090 I failed to maintain 60fps in your average combat mission. Great when flying a solo approach, but it all goes to crap when the missiles start flying.

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hi,

I did some tests with my HP Reverb.

My config is 2080Ti, 9700K, 32GB, SSD. I upgraded my RAM frequency (from 2133MHz CL15 to 3266MHz CL14, overclock done by ASUS motherboard XMP profile and set to extrem performances, no manual overclocking). The result was a real boost of fps !!

so now what I can say about my own experience :

1- When HP Reverb setting is 90Hz, I still have a ghost image even if I close one eye, so that is like having 2 images in one (for DCS object like planes) ! No problem when setting is 60Hz. In other hand, 90Hz seems to be smoother than 60Hz. Strange

2- When I fly over 2500fts, I have a solid 60fps frame rate. It's quite good. But some cockpit views do drops of fps.

3- The real problem is above 2500fts, at low altitude... Sometimes the stutters are very present depending of the map and point of view (I stay around 45/50fps). Example low flying over beyruth (around 500/800fts), regarding at 90° right or left, building and tree views are not smooth. It's much better when looking foward or +/- 45°. Same pb when flying above forests sometimes the view at +/-90° is very smooth, sometimes not like over beyruth even if each side has a lot of trees (example in a valley near Beyruth).

4- On a supercarrier desk, when looking island, there's still fps drop and stutters too.

Edited by sunski34

I think you have 2 options - adapt to low fps in VR or wait few years for a new engine. It has been so long since 2.5.6 came out and put weak performance even more to not acceptable level for many. I'm not counting for promised optimisations... they talking about them many times and nothing. Sorry but for me it looks like they dont know what to do with their actual engine to make it better i VR.