[REPORTED]VR Performance OB 2.5.6

Gripen 4-1

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VR performance seems to have come way up with today's OB update. Haven't tried MP yet.

Can somebody confirm?

Is it time to fire up my Rift again?

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

VR performance seems to have come way up with today's OB update. Haven't tried MP yet.

Can somebody confirm?

Seems much better yes...

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Thats a worry. Seems bad for me, but I suspect its a local issues. DCS was running incredibly smooth until Oculus pushed that last update on me...

Creator & Developer of XSAF ::An AI model that wants to kill you, and needs no help from humans.

Discord: PravusJSB#9484   twitch.tv/pravusjsb  https://www.patreon.com/XSAF  https://discord.gg/pC9EBe8vWU https://bmc.link/johnsbeaslu

Work with me on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/pravusjsb

Still no word on VR performance

Hi all.

I have really been missing DCS and really want to play it but it's rather pointless when the performance on VR is so bad that I can't see the enemy beyond my flickering, shuddering and shaking propeller...

It's been months of this now and the only thing I've read about performance is for "high end settings" where FPS should be increased... I literally have to play VR at the lowest possible settings and is unplayable. This is with it 8600k 4.7ghz and gtx1080..

Can we pleaaaase have a word from the devs?

• ED Team

Please take a screenshot of your dcs settings for VR and if you are using steam vr let us know your per eye resolution.

Some advice

SSLR and MSAA off, shadows low or off if you are still struggling.

Ingame PD 1.0 steamVR per eye resolution 140% works for me.

it is different on different machines and headsets.

Some like a higher In game PD and lower steamVR settings.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

A yes also from my side. Looks indeed a bit better.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

Please take a screenshot of your dcs settings for VR and if you are using steam vr let us know your per eye resolution.

Some advice

SSLR and MSAA off, shadows low or off if you are still struggling.

Ingame PD 1.0 steamVR per eye resolution 140% works for me.

it is different on different machines and headsets.

Some like a higher In game PD and lower steamVR settings.

Hi BIGNEWY

I have attached screenshot of settings.

Ingame VR resolution: 1.0

SteamVR resolution: 120% (2208 x 2452) HTC VIVE Pro

System:

i5 8600k OC 4.7Ghz

Gigabyte 1080

16gb 3200 Corsair Dominator

Game on SSD

Screen_200716_104153.thumb.png.b48fb3ab0620e8bbabb07a9dbab468aa.png

I will do the recent update soon and see if performance has improved as people have said.

It also really helps to have your machine clean and optimised, reduce as many background processes as possible, don't have cloud sync software running, ensure updates are not running. Check for windows optimisation tips, there is lots you can do and I found this helps no end with achieving more stable FPS and overall smoother experiences. Apologies if you are way ahead on this, I obviously don't know your system. I say this as it has seemed before that people complain about performance but are unknowingly letting their PCs suck away performance with all the background rubbish that we all end up with if we are not careful. Its part of what makes everyone's system different and harder to compare like to like.

It also really helps to have your machine clean and optimised, reduce as many background processes as possible, don't have cloud sync software running, ensure updates are not running. Check for windows optimisation tips, there is lots you can do and I found this helps no end with achieving more stable FPS and overall smoother experiences. Apologies if you are way ahead on this, I obviously don't know your system. I say this as it has seemed before that people complain about performance but are unknowingly letting their PCs suck away performance with all the background rubbish that we all end up with if we are not careful. Its part of what makes everyone's system different and harder to compare like to like.

Thanks for the advice but yes I've already gone through so many lists and videos and threads. I have even reinstalled my windows during this time and done all the optimisation again but with no benefits. Will just have to hope it gets fixed as it was 2.5.6 that made it unplayable at the end of the day.

I will do the recent update soon and see if performance has improved as people have said.

Have you tried setting your resolution to 2800 x 1600, that's the native resolution, it may help to not send extra unusable data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you tried setting your resolution to 2800 x 1600, that's the native resolution, it may help to not send extra unusable data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would but it makes the cockpit screens in the F18 and 16 basically unreadable without zooming in.

What FPS do you get at the main menu screen?

Are we talking about MP or SP?

What's the FPS if you just create a mission and just drop like a TF-51 as an air start somewhere about Senaki or Kutaisi?

Have you tried FPSVR to see what your frame times are on the CPU and GPU?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

What FPS do you get at the main menu screen?

Are we talking about MP or SP?

What's the FPS if you just create a mission and just drop like a TF-51 as an air start somewhere about Senaki or Kutaisi?

Have you tried FPSVR to see what your frame times are on the CPU and GPU?

Most SP missions are unplayable, all MP all unplayable. Main menu doesn't matter and in a single aircraft mission editor mission is 45fps but its drops if I'm low over the ground.

Hi Cintra,

I noticed that you said you have reinstalled your OS recently, did you turn off the windows game mode? as this one can cause you issues.

Yup. But at the end of the day, I used to be able to play at medium to high settings even with game mode on before 2.5.6. So something is definitely wrong.

Just tested the new update, on worst settings possible. Played on a MP server with 16 online and got 30 fps just sitting on the ground before engine startup...

a little confused about the way you are testing. You say the game was unplayable before this update in mp and now you put the settings at worse possible settings?

Do you mean all settings at highest or lowest quality?

Can somebody confirm?

I was beginning to get excited after reading that...

Unfortunately, for me, doing my usual simple test mission, performance is unchanged at best, and quite possibly worse.

FWIW, in other news...

For the F-18 Hornet 1989 CAS mission which I've been playing around with lately, it really is very disappointing to get frequent drops to below 40fps, which I presume are down to the AI battles going on.

I run at very low settings. I've posted several screenshots on this post before. Can't be bothered doing that any more.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

OMG 5 months and no change in performance... that is really bad. I was thinking of returning to DCS and buying Syria map but with this attitude no way... sad. But more time for other sims :)

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Edited by gorzasty

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

OMG 5 months and no change in performance... that is really bad. I was thinking of returning to DCS and buying Syria map but with this attitude no way... sad. But more time for other sims :)

This last update brought my VR performance back to normal. The 2 previous updates messed it up, but it's back for me now.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Performance for me is still short of version 2.5.5. The latest patch makes it run smoother which makes 30 FPS in cockpit bearable (as reported by DCS). My PC is starting to show it age though. I7 6850K, 3.6 OC’ed to 4.3, 16 mb Ram and 1070 video card. Using Index for VR.

30fps in VR is NO GO for me. On 2.5.5. Was 60 and it was ok for Reverb 60Hz

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Everything ran smooth before last update. I now have lag spikes every 10-20 seconds now in VR and non VR in OB. This is in single player free flight and multiplayer. Benchmarks are top 50% or up for over all pc. I have tried different visual settings, ie low, med, high, all with same issue. I love the game but sometimes I feel lighting my money on fire would have resulted in the same outcome. Very frustrating.

Ryzen 5 (liquid cooled)

32 Gig of Ram

GTX 1080 Ti

SSD

Prefered Max performance

Edited by Wildblu
adding stuff