[REPORTED]VR Performance OB 2.5.6

Gripen 4-1

• ED Team

Hi all,

just a small update on this, we will start to see improvement in VR in coming patches, however some of the improvement will need code that is not ready to be merged.

2d will see improvement before VR, just know we are aware and are working on this issues.

Thanks for being patient.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this will happen and not end as the +50% VR boost one year ago. But I still hope the best. Thanks for the update Bignewy

But please don't touch the stable until this is fixed. Thanks!

Edited by Gripen 4-1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

This is a great news...the best thing is that they discovered what is going on. This is the first step to solve any issue.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I've no doubt we will see improvements coming, in the meantime, for my Reverb, undersampling to 0.8 and adding enough Steam VR SS to make it not make your eyes bleed is a very good way to optimise on OB, I find small scale stuff extremely playable, but I'm not sure on people's lower end hardware. Using fpsVR is a good way to discover if your mission and CPU is struggling before your GPU, by comparing the frametimes, and that can guide your optimisations. For £3 fpsVR really showed me a lot about optimising.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hi all,

just a small update on this, we will start to see improvement in VR in coming patches, however some of the improvement will need code that is not ready to be merged.

2d will see improvement before VR, just know we are aware and are working on this issues.

Thanks for being patient.

So by improvement does that mean returned to the same fps as in stable? better or worse?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

+1

I really am disgusted by how ED is handling their broken sim right now..

I think we all know that by now!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Just reporting - I gave openbeta another try from stable

1) its slutters even with same FPS as stable, these artefacts making headaches in VR no matter how long you are with VR already.

2) Its damn over-exposured, white colors are extreme, and with clouds appearing and disappearing "strangely" which is old bug, its nasty, cuz they cathing the eye.

3) the green HUD is less visible (Is the over-exposrue made with more green saturation?)

I am not angry, just reporting, as being used to stable for a while made my senses for it "better".

Anyway, I am rolling back to stable, as this is not acceptable for me. And rather stick with the current stable version as "end product" rather than have this "open-beta" thing once it hits stable.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Sorry to report, but for me, this latest patch is actually worse for me than the previous one in terms of VR fps. All my usual tests, including Home on the Range (Viper), Ready on the Ramp PG (Hornet flying around Dubai), and others, are proving to be worse at the same settings.

The CPU hogging circumstances still seem to be the same, and as for the Super Carrier, I'm seeing 30fps inside the Hornet, and 20fps in a F2 external view.

At the moment, I am very disappointed.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

20 to 30 FPS on a the SC with a i7-6700k a 1080ti 32gb of ram and a HP reverb with 0.8 PD and every settings to the lowest. Unusable for VR.

I got 45fps locked on 2.5.5.

Thanks for the "General game performance increased" awaited for 4 months. This is a joke.

20 to 30 FPS on a the SC with a i7-6700k a 1080ti 32gb of ram and a HP reverb with 0.8 PD and every settings to the lowest. Unusable for VR.

I got 45fps locked on 2.5.5.

Thanks for the "General game performance increased" awaited for 4 months. This is a joke.

I agree: Performance is really poor :cry: Down to 30 FPS with my rig. At the Moment you can put a fictional RTX6080TI in your rig and you will still have poor FPS. There must be a big Problem in the Code.

Top notch Hardware can't iron out a bugged Code! Still a lot of work to do for ED I guess

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

I agree: Performance is really poor :cry: Down to 30 FPS with my rig. At the Moment you can put a fictional RTX6080TI in your rig and you will still have poor FPS. There must be a big Problem in the Code.

Top notch Hardware can't iron out a bugged Code! Still a lot of work to do for ED I guess

Your hardware is probably in the top 0.5% of all users. If you are having problems it must be a major problem with the software...

...just to add fuel on fire...

i7 8700 and 2080ti i had like 16 fps on SC while looking another plane taking off before me, in VR with valve index and shaders mod is stilll full of fps loss... hope they will fix the code

It is weird, I have had a solid VR performance with steady FPS, very smooth. Tried the SC with standard takeoff mission, smooth as silk. I certainly do not see the issues that your chaps are experiencing?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

I like the VR performance of the new patch.

If you want 90 FPS all the time there are other sims with simple graphics that do that for you in VR.

I prefer good visual experience with low FPS now and look forward to the hardware developments of the years to come.

Sure all optimization that is possible should be done.

I have settings with 60 FPS for singleplayer and I also enjoy multiplayer even if I have only 30 FPS on the ground.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Accurately reporting VR performance in DCS is next to impossible. What is smooth for some (45fps with reprojection) feels terrible to others who are getting the exact same performance. That’s a user issue. However, actually testing performance is a nightmare as there is no standardised benchmark, with some people testing onffline with one mission, others with a different mission, while still more measure online performance. Then we have the huge impact of the various headset resolutions. Even if all things are equal, the variety of VR specific settings such as PD make it a nightmare to compare.

A good start would be a built in benchmark in DCS, but when I raised this issue in the past it was shot down. Yet it’s a relatively easy thing to implement, provided the game’s replay feature is working accurately. I’ve heard this is broken though.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals