[MISSION] Wrath of Thunder mission 5 roadbase taxiing issue

Leviathan667

Hi,

In the Wrath of Thunder campaign, during mission 5, there's a R&R area on the roadbase near Senaki. It is basically impossible to taxi there ,refuel and rearm and then taxi back to the runway to take care of those pesky artillety pieces.

The issue: the plane gets stuck at the crossroads just before the R&R area, even though all wheels are on the road.

See video: https://youtu.be/9KeU4SHfeco

I suspect the roads are too narrow to allow for the plane to adequately make a right angle turn given the fact DCS is so unforgiving when even a single wheel wanders off road for a split sec (but this is not the case here).

Furthermore, I did some research and it appears the roads around Senaki (about 12m in width) are too narrow to be compliant with BAS-90 specs:

"kortbana was 800 metres (2,600 ft) in length and 17 metres (56 ft) in width,"

(see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bas_90).

My understanding is, the map being as it is, there's no easy fix to this issue (?)

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

Can confirm issue with getting stuck in crossroads at the current road base used in WoT mission 5. Maybe the road base should be relocated somewhere more appropriate?

This issue was also raised and posted in another thread by the way: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4206794#post4206794

Edited by Wintermute74

Major Wintermute :joystick:

PC: i7 4770K - ASUS Z97 Deluxe - 16 Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080 - 27" BenQ XL2720Z - HOTAS Warthog - TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals - MFD Cougar pack - TrackIR 5

DCS Modules: AJS-37 Viggen - A-10C I/II Warthog - F-16C Viper - F-14B Tomcat - F/A-18C Hornet - Su-33 Flanker-D - Su-25 Frogfoot - P-51D Mustang

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking into the issue, there seems to be a change to the terrain values and we are waiting for a fix.

In the meantime, you can skip the mission via the radio menu (under F10 Other)

Edited by Jediteo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for acknowledging the issue and for working on a solution! :thumbup:

I do like the idea of a road base, it improves the immersion as it makes the mission/campaign more Viggen-like. :pilotfly:

Major Wintermute :joystick:

PC: i7 4770K - ASUS Z97 Deluxe - 16 Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080 - 27" BenQ XL2720Z - HOTAS Warthog - TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals - MFD Cougar pack - TrackIR 5

DCS Modules: AJS-37 Viggen - A-10C I/II Warthog - F-16C Viper - F-14B Tomcat - F/A-18C Hornet - Su-33 Flanker-D - Su-25 Frogfoot - P-51D Mustang

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...

I don't know how/when this was fixed, but just wanted to contribute that I flew this mission and landed on the November taxiway at Senaki (I seem to remember the order to land on the taxiway as the main landing strip was damaged). November is parallel to the strip and there is an area to refuel/rearm with personnel and equipment at the intersection with the ramp. Worked, finished that mission with 100%.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals