[DCS ISSUE/ BUG] Day lighting in cockpit after 2.5.6

RaTzo

The new lighting looks awesome overall, but I found a bug during day flight.

The sun lit sections on the side of the cockpit OPPOSITE to where the sun is positioned seem to have a massive reduction in dynamic range of brightness. ie with Sun over right shoulder the sunlit area at the front left of the cockpit is where the bug presents, but NOT on the sun lit section of the right front of the cockpit.

The grey painted areas especially, but event the black painted shroud/mounts on the instruments suffer similar effects, look like a photo which has had its highlights brought down much too far in Lightroom. They are a funky grey.

I've tried several different Gamma settings and nothing fixes the very odd look.

Again, the sunlit sections on the side of the cockpit where the sun is position look great. They have tint from the Sun and appear to be a couple of stops of light brighter than the shadows. The side opposite from the Sun look to be dull and grey.

Edited by IronMike

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you show us some screenshots, please? Thank you!

Will grab some tomorrow.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you show us some screenshots, please? Thank you!

This is not helpful at all I fear.

On the Quick mission Pitching Deck for the 14B here is my screenshot above the clouds with the sun over my right shoulder.

https://imgur.com/zhnWPXm

While this looks good in a screenshot in the Rift S the LEFT side is a dull grey instead of the true high contrast scene you would see - and is reasonably depicted by the screenshot. In the view IN the Rift S the right side of the cockpit looks exactly like you see in the screenshot, but the left side looks like it is missing several stops of dynamic range.

Here is the scene on the deck below the clouds and the rain.

https://imgur.com/bd2KGy9

Sorry the screenshot doesn't show what I'm seeing in the Rift S. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you figure out what I'm seeing here please just ask.

Edited by RaTzo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I think I see now what you mean though. This is most likely related to the general lighting issues atm, ED is doing changed to lighting in the core engine and we are waiting for them to finish, so we can fine adjust everything back to how it should be. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Ok, I think I see now what you mean though. This is most likely related to the general lighting issues atm, ED is doing changed to lighting in the core engine and we are waiting for them to finish, so we can fine adjust everything back to how it should be. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks. From what I've heard others going through with 2.5.6 I've got it good. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not your fault. Just sucks having to fly her in this ugly state. So annoying. The amount of glow ED has given everything is ridiculous. If it was at 1 before, and 10 now, a 5 would be perfect. Right now it looks like every light is powered by it's own nuclear reactor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk