[REPORTED]2.5.6 Performance

It's not about any improvement. The shaders need to be rebuilt and it is a requirement that the changes take place at all.

C:\Users\yourwindowsaccountname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Find 2 folders named: fxo & metashaders2 and

delete them every time you change settings. There may be settings which don't need the shaders to be rebuilt, like civilian traffic, but I would always do it just to be safe.

Ok mate I will give it a go.

I seriously doubt that it will make any difference as I have not changed any settings. I have been running the same settings since installing OB & for the lat 12 month on stable.

That shouldn't help you with your original problem either. You've turned off the shadows etc. and the FPS didn't improve. So I pointed out

Tried your settings small improvement in stable no improvement in OB. :cry:

Edited by Cornelius

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, finally found the problem with my system performance, it was only my CPU fan was improperly installed. Now I am again enjoying DCS World in VR.

I've got some new questions about the VR options. Does anybody know how does "Bloom Effect" and "MSAA mark size" work. I've search on the documentation but no mention to both options.

Thanks in advance

My system: i7 9700K @ 3,6 GHz, 32 Gb RAM 2400 MHz, Gigabyte GTX 1080, 240 Gb SSD, Windows 10 64 bits, HOTAS Cougar, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIr 5.0, Wheel Stand Pro v2, Gametrix JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift S

Ever since the July update i've been getting massive micro stutters. Tried everything in the books to clear it up without luck. At this point need to consider it's either DCS or nvidia drivers since i do see GPU spikes

Here's some of what i tried to work through:

- Removed all background processes + stoped windows anti-virus/malware

- updated to different nvidia drivers (latest 2 drivers)

- Added the following to autoconfig file

options.graphics.maxfps = 60

disable_write_track = true

no_device_hotplug = true

- validated ram usage is under max (currently @ 75%)

- both CPU and GPU usage (cpu = 25%) I do see spikes in GPU usage

- removed scripts/mods to see if it helped remedy the issue

Specs:

TrackIR, i9 9900k, RTX 2070, 32GB ram, SSDs, T16000 + fanatec pedals for rudder input

Observations:

If i pause the mission the stutters go away and i get smooth trackir movement without stutters. Unpause and stutters resume. I also noticed this occurs in heavier missions. If i load a very basic mission with little to no AI seems to run smooth. AVG FPS is around 50-90 FPS but i've attempted to cap @ 60 recently without benefit

Its a mess at the moment . Not happy . Thats all i have too say .

You can mess with your setting for ever wont change a thing just look at the state of people mucking around with setting just to get clear smooth game play . $60 for a module and maps and hardware . Cant even have a decent online experience .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• ED Team

You can mess with your setting for ever wont change a thing just look at the state of people mucking around with setting just to get clear smooth game play . $60 for a module and maps and hardware . Cant even have a decent online experience .

I have posted in your other thread, if you can give me your log and dcs settings we may be able to suggest some tweaks for you

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I feel your pain mate. Yes we are paying customers.

Since the last update thing have been much better for me. So I thank ED for their hard work & getting some of the issues fixed.

But I had a month of unplayable OB DCS & that meant No P-47.

Ever since the July update i've been getting massive micro stutters. Tried everything in the books to clear it up without luck. At this point need to consider it's either DCS or nvidia drivers since i do see GPU spikes ...

I have the same issue, but I`m sure that is DCS fault. When micro stutters appear my GPU load decrees to 0% and then GPU load increases to 100 %. This happens only in DCS after July patches, in a stable and open beta version of DCS. I`m willing to believe that is my computer fault BUT, other sims like X-Plane, IL-2 Sturmovik run well. There are no fluctuations GPU and micro stutters. GPU load is 98-100%. Other games also work perfectly.

This issue is only in DCS, before July`s patches everything works fine in DCS.

So I`m tired of checking any configurations in DCS. Till it would be resolved I won`t buy anything from ED and third party for DCS. I know that my voice is insignificant, especially that this issue is random and most users won`t complain. But this shows that DCS is a mess.

I have Ryzen 5 3600, RX590, SSD drives in my computer.

Gotta say that it's been running very well for me in VR . Yesterday i experienced one of my smoothest missions ever-this with two flir displays running .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

So I`m tired of checking any configurations in DCS. Till it would be resolved I won`t buy anything from ED and third party for DCS. I know that my voice is insignificant, especially that this issue is random and most users won`t complain. But this shows that DCS is a mess.

You're definitely not alone.

I've been buying and playing DCS modules since the original Blackshark, more than 10 years ago.

But now I stopped playing a few months ago. Just tired of spending more time trying to tweak settings to improve VR performance than really enjoying the sim.

My last purchase was the Viper, and I will definitely not buy anything else until performance gets significantly better.

Intel Core i7 6700K@4.7GHz, Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark1, 16Gb Kingston DDR4 2800MHz, Asus Geforce GTX1080, SSD Sandisk Extreme Pro 250Gb, Seagate 2Tb, TM Hotas Warthog, Ch Pro Pedals, TrackIr 4, Oculus Rift CV1 & Rift S

You're definitely not alone.

But now I stopped playing a few months ago. Just tired of spending more time trying to tweak settings to improve VR performance than really enjoying the sim.

I think VR performance is how the Sim must be measured from now onto the future.

I had a focus on fall 2021 to do what you wrote above: enjoy without messing with configs.

Let´s expect those much needed improvements on the DCS core will do its job.

I think so.

• 3 weeks later...

I know in beta the FPS can vary as changes are made but I’m flying along and next thing my frame hitches and drops from say 60 to 30 or whatever and the jumps back to 60, this has never happened before. Please sort this out.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that GatorNutz and I have just found an important conflict between DCS and the MSI Dragon Center software on his computer.

GatorNutz was experiencing very low FPS (around 20-30) on his high-end PC. It appears he had configured DCS in the MSI Dragon Center "Gaming mode" menu with the "Extreme Gaming" option turned on. As soon as he removed DCS from the MSI Dragon Center list, he got his ~140 FPS back!

Bascially, DO NOT ADD DCS as a game to be managed by MSI's Dragon Center!!

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I spend more time tweaking than flying. At some point it becomes really really frustrating.
You didn't buy MS FS2020 yet didn't you? That will give you hours and hours of tweaking fun...;)

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I have the same issue, but I`m sure that is DCS fault. When micro stutters appear my GPU load decrees to 0% and then GPU load increases to 100 %. This happens only in DCS after July patches, in a stable and open beta version of DCS. I`m willing to believe that is my computer fault BUT, other sims like X-Plane, IL-2 Sturmovik run well. There are no fluctuations GPU and micro stutters. GPU load is 98-100%. Other games also work perfectly.

This issue is only in DCS, before July`s patches everything works fine in DCS.

Same here.

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

@PFT_Orph3us, @paranoid: It looks like an external process is bothering your DCS. You should have a go at launching DCS in Windows Safe Mode to see how DCS is doing.

I'd like to rule out any influence from external programs. Can you please launch your game in Windows safe mode?

Here's how to do it:

1. Press Windows key, type "msconfig" and press Enter.
  2. In the General tab, tick "Diagnostic startup" and click "Apply" (you will see some other boxes get ticked, it's OK).
  3. Click OK and choose to restart your computer.
  4. Log into Windows as usual, then launch DCS. You will get several error messages since your PC network is disabled. Just click OK until you see DCS main menu.
  5. Fly the Su-25T in an instant action mission and watch your FPS counter.

Once you're done with testing, just open "msconfig", tick "Normal startup", click OK and restart your system, and everything will be back to normal.

If you want help, feel free to start your own thread.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

You didn't buy MS FS2020 yet didn't you? That will give you hours and hours of tweaking fun...;)

But I don't have to exit the game everytime I change a setting (except the things you can change while ingame) and delete the fxo and metashader2 folders. So if fs2020 is hour and hours, DCS is days and days...

and delete the fxo and metashader2 folders.
Doesn't bring you anything, you just delete them because some other dude told that he did delete them. So you can already skip that to gain some playing time.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Doesn't bring you anything, you just delete them because some other dude told that he did delete them. So you can already skip that to gain some playing time.

Did some extended Benchmark testing playing with all the settings and without deleting the shaders and restarting, the results doesn't change. And where do you get your knowledge from?

Own experience...:smartass:

Never saw a single benefit from deleting them.

it used to be useful; and still can be if for some reason your cached shaders become corrupt, and you are seeing graphical anomalies, but in most cases today it adds no benefit other than being a time sink

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Just repeated my benchmark test with changing textures from high to low (edit: and msaa2x to 4x and shadows flat/default) with and without deleting shaders and must admit I stand corrected. About a year ago this was a complete opposite.

Thank you for pointing this out, guys.

Edited by Cornelius