[REPORTED]2.5.6 Performance

ED / Bignewy please take a look on the post from lukasz7 here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4326414#post4326414

The edited lua file improved performance in some parts oft the OB 2.5.6 massively!!!! But same low FPS in instant missions with a lot of AI 25-30 FPS in VR with HP Reverb.

So maybe the SA is part of the solution but not the whole Problem!

Edited by Gripen 4-1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

apologies I though i was missing an essential fix that would get rid of the stutters

Initially I had the game installed in a hdd but the sutters were apparently there and I decided to move it to an SSD

while the stutters have decreased significantly since then there are still some really minor pauses that break the real time flow of the game

my specs: 7700k 5ghz oc , 64gb ram, 2080ti windows 10 , no AV and disabled all native virus protection

Try preload to max .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• ED Team
ED / Bignewy please take a look on the post from lukasz7 here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4326414#post4326414

The edited lua file improved performance in some parts oft the OB 2.5.6 massively!!!! But same low FPS in instant missions with a lot of AI 25-30 FPS in VR with HP Reverb.

So maybe the SA is part of the solution but not the whole Problem!

We are testing fixes currently.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Noticed a significant fps drop in multiplayer on my regular server (30fps ground to 45 air). It's probably AI related. Quick Missions with no AI run as normal (60 ground to 100fps in air).

EDIT disabling TacView doubled my frame rate. I'm now getting 70 on the ground and hitting over 100 in the air. DCS is playable again!

Edited by Slazi

It is interesting that I get nearly the same frames in VR with 4x mssa and 2x msaa. Seems that 4x msaa requires less performance than before. But it looks way better. Perhaps the new VR mask helps to make 4x mssa usable in VR. With both I get low 30s in the coldstart mission. But only when I look to the tower. When I look in the cockpit I get my 45 FPS most of the time with my reverb. ED it seems you move in the right direction!

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

Noticed a significant fps drop in multiplayer on my regular server (30fps ground to 45 air). It's probably AI related. Quick Missions with no AI run as normal (60 ground to 100fps in air).

EDIT disabling TacView doubled my frame rate. I'm now getting 70 on the ground and hitting over 100 in the air. DCS is playable again!

Looks like you are right...I got from 8 FPS to 20 FPS on a mission with 400 moving ground units after i disabled TACVIEW !!

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

It is interesting that I get nearly the same frames in VR with 4x mssa and 2x msaa. Seems that 4x msaa requires less performance than before. But it looks way better. Perhaps the new VR mask helps to make 4x mssa usable in VR. With both I get low 30s in the coldstart mission. But only when I look to the tower. When I look in the cockpit I get my 45 FPS most of the time with my reverb. ED it seems you move in the right direction!

Ok tested a F16 freeflight an 4xmsaa is still Eating up FPS. Seems that something else is FPS costly on the supercarrier

Hello Im on the beta and from time to time I get little pauses and it is starting to make my head hurt if playing for a medium to long time

Is there any way to get rid of these micro pauses?

I had this and cured it by disabling track recording.

You can see the thread/ history here incase it's the same casuse for you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263567

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

We are testing fixes currently.

Hello everyone, hello BIGNEWY!

I really hope you are working on those fixes for FPS drop cause it is still there big time. Started playing beta for the Supercarrier and immediately noticed a significant drop in FPS by more than 50% on the same settings as on stable version. For me, I don't think it has got to do anything with the Supercarrier cause I get the FPS drop on every map with no carrier.

Any news maybe? Is there any info that we can provide to help? :blink:

taxes the GPU and CPU a lot more than 2.5.5

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Basically, what you're telling me is that if someone doesn't have a PC like the one you have in your signature space, you have 10 FPS and that is it from now on? :D

i don't know that to be true; and i dont know either what your specs or settings are ... so its difficult to provide objective guidance... but i take a hit of about 15 FPS (from 45 down to 30) if i have shadows switched on on the super carrier ... so that's a major frame rate killer at the moment..

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Thank you for your answers. I just said I didn't touch any settings when switching to beta and got 40-50% lower FPS. In my humble opinion, that is not a reasonable update if it is that heavy on your computer. I might be wrong...

nice optimization in Persian Gulf for 50USD

what?

i don't know that to be true; and i dont know either what your specs or settings are ... so its difficult to provide objective guidance... but i take a hit of about 15 FPS (from 45 down to 30) if i have shadows switched on on the super carrier ... so that's a major frame rate killer at the moment..

This is exactly the same what is happening on my computer as well.

Found no other solution than disabling shadows completely, no matter what I do.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Stutters galore

Well... I've discovered the frame rate in 2.5.6 is very similar to what it was with 2.5.5, but now I get constant micro-stutters every second or two, with massive long stuttering at random every 10 seconds or so. Worse closer to the ground. This did not happen with 2.5.5. It was silky smooth with the same settings (attached settings grab).

My frame rate is locked with an autoexec file at 30 fps, and even above Las Vegas I get 30 fps in the Hornet, and medium-high settings (see screenshot). So I know the hardware power is still ample.

Granted, my computer is older, but I will have to make do with it for now. It's an MSI laptop - GT70 running windows 8.1, with an i7-4810MQ @2.8GHz, 20 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 870M card (3gb dedicated), and the drive DCS is on is a Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD with more than 25% free space (separate drive from OS, which is also an SSD). I tried updating my Nvidia firmware, but driver 425.31 is the last/newest driver for my card.

I identified any MSAA setting other than OFF introduces even more and aggressive stuttering. SSAA and SSLR introduce a very low frame rate. So I'm enforcing anti-aliasing with Nvidia Control Panel, set to FXAA On, Override, 8x. Looks pretty good in-game, and almost no performance hit, but screenshots have no anti-aliasing (bummer...).

Also set Nvidia power management mode to "Prefer max performance" and set Max. pre-rendered frames to "1" - this seems like a sweet spot. Helps a little...not much.

I feel like I've tried everything...

-Disable Hot-plug devices.

-Turn off shadows and various tweaks (like that graciously made available by Mustang) to disable ground shadows.

-Disable autoexec file/frame rate limiter.

-Ensured via task manager that all cores are set up to be utilized.

-Deleted the MetaShaders2 and fxo directories

-Turned off Nvidia control panel overrides for anti-aliasing, etc.

-Steam Verify Cache

None of these things helped.

Out of curiosity, I set my display settings to the LOW preset, and still had the stutter. So that indicates something other than graphics settings.

When I'm flying, my CPU usage is around 30-50%, and my GPU is 100%.

I wish I could roll back to 2.5.5 but I dont think Steam allows that. I'm baffled why 2.5.5 was smooth (and most previous versions of DCS, for that matter) but 2.5.6 is so herky jerky. Of course this happens days after I buy a bunch of modules in the 50% off sale....

Thanks for any help/ideas!

Brandon

Screen_200529_182055.thumb.png.0be4b4b1a82314eaf04d577204c3bb05.png

Screen_200529_181650.thumb.png.9547b630012a0de9861194328eeb6728.png

Edited by mtpiperpilot
Updated info