2.5.6 Trim non functional

Bungle_uk

Dear HB Team!

Could you tell us please - are there any news here?

Can we hope that this problem will gone after next patch install?

The F-14B is the only one airplane I use in DCS. So, I didn't fly since 2.5.6 was implemented... it is so sad to me.

Every new day when you keep silence about it hurts me :(

Edited by kievbsm

Without a functional trim, this plane isn't usable. I believe this has been broke for quite some time with the final straw the 2.5.6 update. It did not respond to speed brake movement as it is supposed to and did on the initial release. This also needs to work correctly for the trim to be working fully.

Any news here? My buddy told me his trim was working yesterday but mine isn't, maybe there is something we can do to make it workd somehow?

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

I just found out that by disconecting my FF Racing wheel from the computer, the trim now works, aparently it's a issue when you have FF devices

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

That's true,

I checked it out, and after disconnect my driving wheel trims work well, but the problem is more complex. Everything worked fine until i launched today DCS repair tool (integrity check error with fonts), after that, unaware of everything I flew mission with my friends and I was very surprised by this bug

This should be fixed in the next OB patch.

Something i'm worried about :music_whistling:

Last time, your team also wrote that the problem with trimms was solved, but...

So, it will be or it schould be?

you can’t even imagine how I am waiting for the next patch :joystick:

It would be a problem because I have Logitech Pedals with disabled FFB.

Therefore, I can unplug it but flying without any pedals is almost impossible. Especially when we are talking about F-14B.

In that case I am ready to wait until next patch will come. I hope it will be not so long as I have already waited on the ground after 2.5.6 uploaded to my PC. :smilewink:

I have temporarily made a workaround for this problem.

Problem : My specific problem is that although I use a Warthog, I have my Logitech G940 system still plugged in as I use the Throttle for extra buttons and the pedals. The problem is that the Joystick is the main USB device and acts as a passthrough for the other two devices. Unplugging the Joystick also un-plugs the throttle and the pedals.

Solution : As all the devices are discrete USB devices, I can disable the Joystick in Device Manager which allows the Throttle and Pedals to continue working, but stops the F14 from detecting that I have a FFB device plugged in. Consequently the F14 now works without me having to physically un-plug anything.

Mine is a specific case and isn't going to be of help to everyone, but it may assist others in figuring out a temporary work-around!

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

When is this issue going to be solved ?? Every update there is... It's still there.

It's more than a month now I can't fly the 14.

Don't come with the BS answer... disconnect your peddals because you can't fly without them properly.

It's now an almost $80 background loading screen.

When is this issue going to be solved ?? Every update there is... It's still there.

It's more than a month now I can't fly the 14.

Don't come with the BS answer... disconnect your peddals because you can't fly without them properly.

It's now an almost $80 background loading screen.

If your pedals show up as a discrete USB device, you can disable the steering wheel in Device Manager and the pedals should still work. It’s a workaround, but it should stop the F14 from detecting the FFB wheel and allow it to work. This is what I have done with my Logitech G940 until the issue is resolved. If you use your wheel for driving games, just re-enable it when you play those.

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

Needles worked for me, but when set to 0 graphically lined up with camera at the proper angle, the Controls Indicator overlay trip marker was way up and to the left, I forgot to take a screenshot, I'll do it later perhaps.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 3 months later...