TGP Station 4

Luft Waffel

It says in the patch notes that the tgp is now available on the cheek station 4. However when i go ingame it seems to still only be availble on the centerline station 5 like before. Am I being really dumb and missing something or have they just straight up lied in the patch notes and not added it?!?

Yea, its working, but im sad that its the only update for the Hornet. Still nothing for additional TGP modes. Soon will be a year after TGP was released and we still cant use a full potential of its capabilities.

YEP. Hornet and further purchases are shelved until this is resolved.

Paco

Yea, its working, but im sad that its the only update for the Hornet. Still nothing for additional TGP modes. Soon will be a year after TGP was released and we still cant use a full potential of its capabilities.

While I agree with you, it's important to stick to the facts. It's half a year since the TGP was released for the Hornet :)

ED did release a very WIP version of the pointing modes (probably a mistake), that can be used reliably only with bombs at this moment. Use WPDSG when in A/G mode, and the pod will snap to that point.

YEP. Hornet and further purchases are shelved until this is resolved.

That sucks man. I'll make sure to have twice the fun with the hornet while you're not playing it to make up for you not having fun with it. :)

Best Complement: "You fly like a Psychotic 5 year old" :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While I agree with you, it's important to stick to the facts. It's half a year since the TGP was released for the Hornet :)

ED did release a very WIP version of the pointing modes (probably a mistake), that can be used reliably only with bombs at this moment. Use WPDSG when in A/G mode, and the pod will snap to that point.

Press wpdsg, move to this point, can it work normally? For example, lock target, track moving target and launch laser?

When i open the re arm and refuel window i see the pod available on station 5 but on station 4 its still only air to air missiles available for me, what am I missing here?

Are you using the Steam version? I guess they rolled back the update for Steam users due to bugs. I have the same issue, no TPOD on station 4. I checked game version and it's still 2.5.5 even though it updated this morning. It must've rolled back as soon as it was finished updating lol

When i open the re arm and refuel window i see the pod available on station 5 but on station 4 its still only air to air missiles available for me, what am I missing here?

Did you update? STEAM is still stuck on the old one.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

"Only update for the Hornet"

DCS F-18C Hornet by ED

Improved accuracy of gun funnel

Improved stabilization of radar-directed gun sight and gun accuracy

TGP added to the 4th station

CCIP bombing in AUTO mode always using high-drag configuration is fixed

Corrected instances of only one bomb from a dual rack being released

HUD and attack radar page Rmax values now match

Corrected JDAM and JSOW menu freezes

Pre-Planned mode skipping elevation has been fixed

Fixed AGM-65F count down after rearm if walleye is used with an air start

Fixed AGM-65F seeker continuing to slew after uncage

Fixed SAI caging and OFF flag

Fixed SAI cage knob clickability

Note: New Targeting pod pointing modes are in work, but were not ready for this update

Plenty got updated. Just not shit you care about.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Not the only update they did for the Hornet......

DCS F-18C Hornet by ED

Note: New Targeting pod pointing modes are in work, but were not ready for this update

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Are you saying that after this update, WYPDSG will slave the TGP to that target? Hasn't functioned prior, so just trying to see what you are referencing here... Works with the Maverick(s) for sure, but didn't try the TGP to see if it slaves as you stated.... Thanks for a reply.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

"Only update for the Hornet"

DCS F-18C Hornet by ED

Plenty got updated. Just not shit you care about.

Those are not updates, its just bug fixes, as you see. Only real update is tgp on station 4, as DA said.

Those are not updates, its just bug fixes, as you see. Only real update is tgp on station 4, as DA said.

Fixes are updates. Truth.

Cheers,

Don

No, they definitely not updates.They just fix something broken in game.

Updates to the aircraft, that can include fixes or simply be a fix.

New features are a different thing.

Would the TGP being able to be slaved to a waypoint be an update? Negative, it would be a new feature.

i still have no TGP option for station 4. i'm on steam.

any idea of what is wrong ?

Steam rolled back, because there are massive and in some cases, game breaking bugs that have migrated in with DCS’ 2.5.6 update.

Cheers,

Don

ahh.. thanks for the info man!

encouraging that the info come from a player instead that official channels...

Yeah, not sure why they haven't publicly acknowledged this yet (on the forums at least) - don't follow them on any other means of media, possible they did there I suppose. Many online servers have rolled back to the previous version as well, although the one I fly on regularly hasn't and is running perfectly fine (in terms of server stability, aircraft still have their quirks).

Cheers,

Don

i still have no TGP option for station 4. i'm on steam.

any idea of what is wrong ?

STEAM is not updating to 2.5.6 because of issues that stop DCS from launching. Many people are rolling back to 2.5.5 because of the issues so while the lack of TGP on the cheek is no doubt disappointing, you may be happier waiting a few days.