Vipergear F-16C ICP Feedback

Wags

• ED Team

Hey everyone,

The guys at Vipergear were kind enough to send me one of their F-16C ICP v2 to hear my thoughts. It was not sent for a review or any sort of promotion. However, I was so impressed with it, I wanted to pass along my thoughts.

The build quality is exceptional, and it was recognized by DCS without a hitch. I was then able to easily create a 1 to 1 profile for the real F-16C ICP and a bastardized profile for the Hornet. All the commands (axis and buttons) were recognized properly. It’s a very different, and GREAT, experience to have such tactile feedback. Well done guys.

I will have my F-16C and F/A-18C ICP profiles integrated into DCS such that it will be 100% plug and play for those two aircraft.

Thanks,

Matt

20200214_075840.thumb.jpg.bbfdb57d433fce9546749094fc65578b.jpg

I have the Tekcreations version ICP and all i can say the immersion factor is times x10.

Such a great feeling to have real feedback with matching buttons not to mention realism.

The only thing i found problematic is when using F-18C UFC functions with the dobber switch.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Mat your a legend !!!

Edited by dailey123

So, speculation, if this device was mounted in the proper place, a one to one correspondence in positioning (x, y, z), would it be practical for VR?

Don't even need 1:1 positioning, just mount it in a manner that is secured and your own muscle memory will set in after a week of use or less.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I have my Vipergear v2 ICP mounted in my VR cockpit at the same point in space as the ICP in the virtual cockpit. It matches up perfectly and is a delight to use. I previously had a small mouse pad fixed to the face of the ICP mount. The transition to the Vipergear ICP was seamless and surprisingly natural.

Outstanding quality as well.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

These products are out of stock on their website (how did I ever miss these things!?), but I'll be taking 2 plus their Hornet and other gizmos they sell. Looks fantastic. These units should mount up fine on my Monstertech mounts too (I run sidestick with a center post with my keyboard on a Monstermount, and there are attachments/etc that will make mounting an ICP a breeze dead center).

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

• 3 months later...

Hi Wags,

Looks like your profile for ViperGear ICP V2 is not anymore in the last OpenBeta release.

We can quickly and easily create one, but just for you to know :)

Intel i9 9900K + 32GB DDR4 + RTX 2080ti

Reverb2 & Rift S + Warthog + Saitek Pro pedal

I have been emailing them with no reply several times, anyone know what’s up with the situation? Very keen to purchase on of these.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Agree with Bob, not necessary to have it in VR where it should be in reality, mine is close to my right hand. After few flights, it is becoming natural to click on the right button.

Ok, it is not as real as 1:1 placement but it is efficient :)

Intel i9 9900K + 32GB DDR4 + RTX 2080ti

Reverb2 & Rift S + Warthog + Saitek Pro pedal

So the F-16 ICP is showing as Out of Stock and the ViperGear folks seem to have gone radio silent for awhile. Does anyone know if they'll be kicking off another production run of these bad boys in the near future? I'd preorder if given the option... #takemymoney!

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

So the F-16 ICP is showing as Out of Stock and the ViperGear folks seem to have gone radio silent for awhile. Does anyone know if they'll be kicking off another production run of these bad boys in the near future? I'd preorder if given the option... #takemymoney!

Good luck. Expect a long wait even if they do go back in production.

My order shipped on May 7 and still have not received it. Latest tracking info showed it left Netherlands on May 11.:mad:

Don't even need 1:1 positioning, just mount it in a manner that is secured and your own muscle memory will set in after a week of use or less.

@DigitalEngine

I have done the ICP thing with keypad I modded, and while it is useful, I don't really agree on the 1:1 placement, I do have to look under my headset to use it. This ICP might be better in that tactile positioning would be easier. I.e. all my keys are the same, this has different feeling keys so you can navigate by feel. But with my setup I can't really place an ICP where it needs to be to be 1:1.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).