[FALSE POSITIVE]DCS World 2.6 trojan? worldgeneral.dll

NaOH1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately my Kaspersky Internet Security deleted "WorldGeneral.dll" and I can't update DCS and can't play DCS. It's very frustrated situation.

Repair it and you should be gtg.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.43931 hotfix problem with "WorldGeneral.dll" !!!

I just installed DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.43931 hotfix

After today's "hotfix", the antivirus program detects that "WorldGeneral.dll" is covered and removed for quarantine.

Any jokes are these?

Same here with BitDefender:

The file D:\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\bin\WorldGeneral.dll is infected with Gen:Suspicious.Cloud.4.@J8@aSO4W3ki

Most likely a false positive but would appreciate a developer response on this please.

You need to bring all *.exe files onto the white list of your anti virus program. This helped me with Kaspersky.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Oh ffs! I am actually disappointed with ED!!

Its in swedish but i hope you understand

5pC85V8.jpg

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

In my case, Kaspersky deleted "World.dll" and found "VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Foreign.gen".

I assume its a false positive in my case also. Btw, I am using the Steam version actually.

Should I repair and exclude these .dll from being checked?

Malwarebytes is trying to delete my DCS.exe which is very annoying. I've been using it for years and never had a problem until today. Anyone know how to get it out of the deletion area?

Yes, yes it is. Not sure if ED is really infected serving updates or not.

Help please WorldGeneral.dll

Hello all

I wonder if you can help

When I tried to update DCS to the latest version I get the error message D:/Steamlibary2/steamapps/downloading/223750/bin/WorldGeneral.dll

(missing file privileges)

And now all my files have disappeared in that folder

Thank you

last update triggerd Antivir AVIRA on mx PC

Gents The last update for OB (made today, 22.02.20) triggers AVIRA antivir for Word.dll. As I have a lot of confiidence to ED I recovered it in AVIRA and everything runs smooth. It might be a good idea to fix this issue, as a lot of people are afraid of such things. I guess I am not the only one with this issue. It is no to blame anybody just to inform. Cheers Mutz