Can't start DCS after update 2.5.6 OB

unknown

• ED Team
Thanks

Can anyone talk me through telling MacAfee to ignore the DCS file it is quaranteeing anytime I start the sim? If I disable MacAfee the open beta runs fine and it runs the stable DCS world with the MacAfee turned on

Sorry to be such an illiterate on PC matters

From their website

you can either add the whole dcs install folder or add the .exe in the dcs bin folder.

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

bignewy Thankyou so much for that, it works perfectly now. This forum has helped me out so many times I really appreciate it. Could I also ask if there's a talk through for getting online to fly with other people. In all the time I've been flying the sim and buying new modules and scenery I've never been able to get online and fly with a real person. Do you need the teamspeak hardware and software or is it possible to communicate in some other way once online?

Again thanks for helping me out with the antivirus issue !

Ian

• ED Team

Good to hear it has worked.

Many people use team speak when online, or use SRS or our ingame voice chat which is under development.

Each server may be different but if you pick one and read the briefing it will usually let you know what they are using.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

I have also the problem that after updating DCS to version 2.5.6 the game does not start anymore. It starts loading but it stucks at 10%! I am not using Voice Attack. With Steam I did the file ckeck, but everything seems okay...but the 10% issue is still there. I deinstalled the complete DCS and reinstalled it... still does not work ! Any ideas? This is a great game, but this problems after updates are very annoying! PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for your Reply, but if I go to DCS\Logs I see only this:

dcs.20200702-201153.crash CRASH-file

dcs.20200702-201153.dmp DMP-file

dcs Textdocument

dcs.log.old OLD-file

dcs.log-20200704-170305 (This is a ZIP file)

debrief Textdocument

Which one do you mean?

You should have a more recent file, which name starts with "dcs.202008..." Try sorting files by date. Also, if you're talking about the open beta, the path is Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi all,

at first of all I want to thank Flappie for his tips. He brought me the idea how to solve the 10% Problem.

Here is the way I did it and everything is working again :-)

As I mentioned in my posts before, I had this 10% problem after updating to Version 2.5.6. That means during loading of the game it always stucked at 10%. Here is my solution for that problem:

(1) Deinstalling DCS

(2) Deinstalling Steam

(3) Switch off Antivirus software

(4) Delete complete DCS file under ...C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS

(5) Install Steam new

(6) Install DCS new

The reason, why my first measures did not work was that I forgot to delete the "saved games DCS directory"

I hope I could help you.