[WIP] Radar can´t be notched

Neuse

I notice 'Added radar notch' is in the newest changelog now, I wonder what has changed exactly? What can we expect from this new change?

This post is confusing me, since we've got both parties saying that the radar can and cannot be notched, then we have foxwxl saying that It's working as intended due to the 10second memory mode, and now we have a new fix to this? :huh:

I notice 'Added radar notch' is in the newest changelog now, I wonder what has changed exactly? What can we expect from this new change?

This post is confusing me, since we've got both parties saying that the radar can and cannot be notched, then we have foxwxl saying that It's working as intended due to the 10second memory mode, and now we have a new fix to this? :huh:

I think the team is adding some APG73 style stuff and fixing some bug in notch check parameter. (U can think the APG73 as an ultimate correct behavior, not the APG68 or KLJ-7 that shown in GR's video)

And 10sec mem is not what I said, I think it should be for trackfile MEM, not for COAST target(to long for radar to guess where to track the target).

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Ah so MEM is for track file and COAST for HPT/SPT lock? That makes sense

Just my personal guess, some behavior may still not correct at the moment, I've reported, but we have to fix it one by one, and give our engineer some time. :smilewink:

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

• 7 months later...

A line of F16s at 36-38nm, flying at 250kts at 5000ft, passing the 90° angle one by one. Closure velocity goes below 10kts. Radar is in lookdown mode.

None of the targets enter any kind of notch filter. It does not seem to exist.

The pulse doppler radar can track all targets at the beam perfectly at 36nm+ without any significant closure velocity.

Why can the radar track those targets at this distance and aspect in lookdown mode ?

Where is the notch filter ?

scsJMyz.png

jf 17 notch test 30nm.miz

jf17 notch 37nmtrk.trk

A line of F16s at 36-38nm, flying at 250kts at 5000ft, passing the 90° angle one by one. Closure velocity goes below 10kts. Radar is in lookdown mode.

None of the targets enter any kind of notch filter. It does not seem to exist.

The pulse doppler radar can track all targets at the beam perfectly at 36nm+ without any significant closure velocity.

Why can the radar track those targets at this distance and aspect in lookdown mode ?

Where is the notch filter ?

scsJMyz.png

Why it has to be notched? We no longer live in the 80s. Modern radars have special submodes, to avoid that for example

Why it has to be notched? We no longer live in the 80s. Modern radars have special submodes, to avoid that for example

Well Deka themself said it can be notched. :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...01#post6104601

3-26-2020, 04:56 AM

------------------

Into OB 2.5.6.45915

-------------------

Added radar notch (WIP)

I want to see where it is : ) :)

Well Deka themself said it can be notched. :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...01#post6104601

3-26-2020, 04:56 AM

------------------

Into OB 2.5.6.45915

-------------------

Added radar notch (WIP)

I want to see where it is : ) :)

The radar notch is there, the radar can be notched, but it doesnt need to be a "Target is notching me" or "target is not notching me". The radar can be changing frequency to avoid notch, or can enter certain submodes to avoid notch. That was what I was trying to say.

I see the radar get notched. But the target doesn’t instantly disappear or reappear the very microsecond it turns into a notch profile, which can also be a very small window in itself. Radars have memory that it constantly builds up and down on when it is determining what is and isn’t a target. So even tho the radar hasn’t detected the target for a few antenna sweeps the radar can still be working in memory for 2-3seconds before the radar determines the contact as lost. However if the contact is detected within the time then the contact was never lost but just simply missing for a couple of sweeps. However this is also the case for detecting a target originally. A Radar will never put a contact on the screen after a single sweep the radar will always need to do a few sweeps over the contact before it will determine that it is in-fact a contact.

The radars we use IRL the display is more of a raw radar display so you can actually see the radar building up the memory on a contact as it gets brighter and brighter and again as the radar can no longer see the contact the display will show the contact getting darker and darker as it is being removed from memory over time.

Edited by Blinky.ben

I see the radar get notched. But the target doesn’t instantly disappear or reappear the very microsecond it turns into a notch profile, which can also be a very small window in itself. Radars have memory that it constantly builds up and down on when it is determining what is and isn’t a target. So even tho the radar hasn’t detected the target for a few antenna sweeps the radar can still be working in memory for 2-3seconds before the radar determines the contact as lost. However if the contact is detected within the time then the contact was never lost but just simply missing for a couple of sweeps. However this is also the case for detecting a target originally. A Radar will never put a contact on the screen after a single sweep the radar will always need to do a few sweeps over the contact before it will determine that it is in-fact a contact.

The radars we use the display is more of a raw radar display so you can actually see the radar building up the memory on a contact as it gets brighter and brighter and again as the radar can no longer see the contact the display will show the contact getting darker and darker as it is being removed from memory over time.

Good info mate :)