When was the jet wash dust effect removed?

Blinde

I remember that Flaming Cliffs and DCS used to have ground dust that comes from aircrafts engines jet wash when flying on low. Nowadays I can't get this effect to induce at all.

I thought it was pretty realistic and today it looks pretty dull without it these days. Any chance to get it back?

Edited by Blinde

Maybe it was a wet day. I joke:megalol:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Okay, I admit I was wrong. It's still there but the amount of it depends on aircraft. Hornet makes the dust quite easy but Tomcat or Mirage not so easy. I still think the dust effect appears way too low.

Edited by Blinde

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/2/2021 at 6:01 PM, diveplane said:

needs vastly improved.

Yeah, that and the trails left by vehicles and rotor brownouts are in definite need of an update; instead of the current, low-res, fluffy white clouds (making not much sense on any of the current maps).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 1/2/2021 at 7:01 PM, diveplane said:

needs vastly improved.

+1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've noticed that you really need to fly very low to get any kind of effect on water as well. I don't know how low exactly and can't test right now but about 2-3 feet maybe? If memory serves the effect appears just before you submerge the fuel tank on the viggen (which by the way isn't a big deal).

Latest newsletter mentions that some improvement are planned in 2021 for dust, explosions and trail effects. 

ED propably takes too much into account for players using way too old computers for game that should enter to 2020 nearly next gen effects. At least add option to toggle those off.

Latest newsletter mentions that some improvement are planned in 2021 for dust, explosions and trail effects. 

ED propably takes too much into account for players using way too old computers for game that should enter to 2020 nearly next gen effects. At least add option to toggle those off.

Seeing as an increasing number of people are using VR in DCS, I couldn't disagree more.

Even with top of the line hardware it's not possible to run DCS with high graphics settings in VR and get acceptable frame rates.

So I'd like the focus to be more on optimisation and less on eye candy.
  • Thanks 1