Cat not shooting

Badger1815

Hello,

Is there any reason a catapult won't fire on the Stennis with & FA18?

I've checked the following:

- bar down, pressing U connects, with the jolt & all

- tower gives clearance

- wings down & locked

- no warning lights

- launch bar up, trim to 17 up

- BDS up behind the plane

- no brakes applied, parking brake off

However when advancing throttle to afterburner nothing happens.

I've done this quite a few times without problems, but now the cat won't launch.

Best regards

B

• ED Team

Can you attach a short track replay, we should be able to tell from that.

Are you sure you are in full afterburner?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Full AB is not required for a cat shot Bignewy :music_whistling:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team
Full AB is not required for a cat shot Bignewy :music_whistling:

It is when I fly ;) :megalol:

The track replay should give us more clues either way.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi Badger1815

Try leaving your launch bar extended, do not retract it on the cat, it will retract on its own after launch.

let me know if it helps

• ED Team
I reported that like 1,5 years ago with track. Nothing changed. Good luck.

Hi ==4c=Nikola,

Happy to take a look if you link the thread again.

The launch bar will be raised for supercarrier, and I will look into this if it is the issue here.

thanks

• ED Team
It's not advisable to run old tracks in newest version of the game. I might test it again and give feedback. :)

I know you have limited manpower, but it's really discouraging when bug reports pass unnoticed. Not just in F-18 subforum.

I dont want to derail this thread, if you want to discuss any old issue you think has not had the attention it needs please PM me.

• ED Team

My thought is here there is some bug with the launch bar, I want to see if the op leaves it down it resolves his problem.

Also which mission is here using, if my memory servers me correctly it was reproducible on a scripted mission. But I can not find the thread currently

• ED Team

I am pretty sure this is script related to the mission, try a normal mission and raise the bar as usual and all is ok.

According to the real thing, once LB is connected to the shuttle, pilot flips the LB switch up, lamp extinguish but the bar stays down until free from shuttle, this allows for quicker gear up after cat shot.

Been doing this routine since day 1 in DCS Hornet and never had issue.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team
According to the real thing, once LB is connected to the shuttle, pilot flips the LB switch up, lamp extinguish but the bar stays down until free from shuttle, this allows for quicker gear up after cat shot.

Been doing this routine since day 1 in DCS Hornet and never had issue.

Correct,

This issue here is related to the mission and the script for the carrier in the mission.

Launch bar up is correct, and with the super carrier you will get the signal from the shooter to raise it.

thanks

I was running into this same issue on the OER campaign for the hornet. Full throttle 100% and no cat shot.

I had a separate issue with a curve on my throttle that would not allow me to go to ground idle which I reset to default to solve that.

Coincidentally since then I haven't had any issues with shooting off the cat. The the issues seem totally unrelated but it helped in my case. Maybe something with hooking up to the cat while not at ground idle breaks the cat?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I am pretty sure this is script related to the mission, try a normal mission and raise the bar as usual and all is ok.

I think you may be right, I've had the same issue with DCE Battlegroup Delta.

I just move to a different cat and it seems to work OK.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

Try leaving your launch bar extended, do not retract it on the cat, it will retract on its own after launch.

It shouldn't. On aircraft 161353-161715 the launch bar switch will retract automatically, but on aircraft 161716 and up you will need to manually place the switch in Retract before the launch.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Hello,

Is there any reason a catapult won't fire on the Stennis with & FA18?

I've checked the following:

- bar down, pressing U connects, with the jolt & all

- tower gives clearance

- wings down & locked

- no warning lights

- launch bar up, trim to 17 up

- BDS up behind the plane

- no brakes applied, parking brake off

However when advancing throttle to afterburner nothing happens.

I've done this quite a few times without problems, but now the cat won't launch.

Best regards

B

Can you attach a short track replay, we should be able to tell from that.

Are you sure you are in full afterburner?

You can launch from the cat (currently) with or without retracting the launch bar - although you should).

You can launch from the cat (currently) with or without going full gates (or even at full MIL power) - although you shouldn't.

I've seen wheel chocks be placed in some missions, while already being hooked up to a cat - and it seems you need to abort the launch and have the launch bar retracted in order to have the wheel chocks removed (most likely because the launch bar is pinning the forward chock in place.

Hope that helps the OP.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria