[ALREADY REPORTED]Excessive Lateral Tire Grip - Taming the Viper

Deano87

no, only in a Cessna 150 when I was taking flying lessons. it,s how the instructor said to do it.

A F-16 is not a Cessna 150 and you don't de-crab in a F-16 (and many other aircraft).

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Good morning, Deano.

Just a few words: thanks a lot for your attention to what could be called "details" at a first glance, but are "substance" if in a true simulation flight instance.

And I'm particularly glad that it's happening with the Viper.

Told in short: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

With best regards.

Great find.

I'm having a hard time landing the viper in strong crosswinds.

I'll try this ...

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

I will investigate in a little bit. Just trying to make a track for a couple of other bugs.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Applying this fix in 2.5.6 makes the F-16 Module dissapear :(

Anybody else have trouble applying this Mod now?

I happened to get the same.

And since after having re-installed the mod, I got a strange visual at 2 o' clock when in cockpit - a strange orange picted tool about SA, more Russian planes' style.

Bah.

With best regards.

The mod was built for 2.5.5. I’m not surprised it doesn’t work in 2.5.6. I’ll take a look at it.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I can't get it to work. Even tried rebuilding the file structure in the saved games folder and putting it in there, but that also doesn't work :(

Proud owner of:

In the sim we have to work with a static number ...

That's the point!

BTW: thumbs up for your work Deano87! :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

That's the point!

BTW: thumbs up for your work Deano87! :thumbup:

Thanks. It’s a shame my mod no longer works. Back to bouncing sideways across the runway like some kind of demented jet powered pogo stick then lol.

Proud owner of:

Thanks. It’s a shame my mod no longer works. Back to bouncing sideways across the runway like some kind of demented jet powered pogo stick then lol.

I wouldn't mind changing configs, since I don't fly on online servers, just with a friend of mine.

So, is your first posting still correct in this sense, or have they changed everything ... ? :(

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

In my case

If I use rudder to stabilize, on Landing, I will cause roll over..

or off the runway..

But.....This works works better, for me, than that technique

I have been using the toe brakes... [tapping] to keep stable.

That and a

30 Axis curve on rudder

20 axis curve on Wheel Brake Left / Right [Dead Zone = 2]

SURE not as intended, but:book:

JAFO ~ just another foxtrot observer

Rudder and nose wheel steering don't seem to utilize the same dead-zone

NWS seems to have no dead zone, curve seems the same on both,

While on taxi, correcting drift, barely- touch pedal, will start correction

Very sensitive.....

Please investigate,

As previously stated,

"Back to bouncing sideways across the runway like some kind of demented jet powered pogo stick then lol."

Hope this helps, a little, ~~ I'm happier biggrin.gif

I think its call "[not positive] training",

BUT that is the NORM for beta testers

Edited by Dispatch
add

~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also very much noticing this when taking off with an uneven load with no crosswinds. When taking off with 2x GBU-12 + Fuel on LWing and a GBU-10 + Fuel on RWing (or the other way around) even after trimming LWing Down for a decent amount the jet still gets pulled off to the right off the runway unless almost full rudder in the opposite direction. I'll post a video later

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm just a bit bummed that this workaround no longer works in the current OpenBeta build. :(

Proud owner of: