ADI course warning flag shows up after turn off radio

Akiazusa

Recently I noticed that after swiching AN/ARC-186(V) VHF radio from TR to OFF(when shuting down the aircraft),the ADI warning flag will show up,and stay on forever after that.

And I just did a few tests,using default Take Off Training Mission.This only happens when switching the AN/ARC-186(V) radio to off, turning off other radios won't trigger it. And after the warning flag shows up,the only way to restore the warning flag is to switch any raido to DF/ADF and back to TR

I'm not sure if it is a bug or it is something I missed in the manual,since the warning flag is also relateved to TILS and FM homing

Any help? thanks :book:

116150333_QQ20200207130451.jpg.b3de791c3dc823d5c7c6d8fe33636fc3.jpg

Edited by Akiazusa

Kyoto Animation forever!

Or you could be in DF (direction finding) mode on your radio switch.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Is your PTR switch in ABLE or STOW? I think it has something to do with the radio frequency homing driving the bank steering bar.

Thanks for the help :D

It will be tirggered with PTR switch both in ABLE and STOW, and after that the flag will stay at that position no matter where the PTR switch is positioned. until you turn any radio to ADF and then turn it back

It's quite annoying when you have landed,repaired your aircrat, taken off again,but only to find out your course bank steering bar not working anymore:doh:

Kyoto Animation forever!

Or you could be in DF (direction finding) mode on your radio switch.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help.

I'm 100% sure I switched it to off. :doh:

switch to DF will trigger the flag,since there in no singal for it ,but the flag will disappear after switch the radio from DF back to TR.

what troubles me is the flag won't disappear if you swich the radio from TR to Off,then back to TR

by the way I also notice that the flag comes together with the FM homing light below the HSI,which remains on even I have turned off all the radios

Kyoto Animation forever!

The "head" control panel in the cockpit isn't the actual radio but a remote control panel. The radio is located in an avionics bay. I don't know if it's realistic for the radio to remain in certain states or to be partially controllable with the control knob "off."