Vehicle Pathing Issues - Persian Gulf

I've discovered a potential AI pathing issue in vicinity of Mashiz (south of Kerman). Rough cords: 30-4-10 N, 56-44-33 E. AI placed offroad, with waypoints set to get them on the road (set to On Road - which locks the point to the road). Second waypoint placed short distance south of Waypoint 1, however AI pathing indicates the vehicles going north (opposite direction than intended), doing a significantly large loop.

Intent: To get the vehicles moving south towards Mashiz as part of an offensive action as part of a campaign.

Outcome: Vehicle pathing indicates the AI will head north before looping back on available roads (a significant journey) and approaching Waypoint 2 from the south.

Attached: 'Quick Mission' miz file (original miz file part of an intended paid campaign - pathing issue reproduced in hastily made test mission), JPEG (Pathing1) showing close detail, (Pathing2) showing whole AI pathing.

144715794_Pathing1.thumb.JPG.cabb21bdf41c9f0236ab26bdd306616d.JPG

1930630475_Pathing2.JPG.3708d132219fce9dbd158b9653979759.JPG

VEH_PATH_ISSUE_TEST.miz

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team

Hi,

just to feed back on this issue, the reason they do not travel the route is due to the road being one way. AI will consider one way roads. 

If you switch to the other road you should see them travel the route. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Vehicle Pathing Issues - Persian Gulf
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it might be setup that way primarily for "civilian traffic" that is baked onto the map. You have some highway where the roads are separated enough that you can't do it as one big road spline, so it needs two distinct roads to draw it. By default the roads would be bi-directional, thus with civilian traffic enabled there would be two roads next to each other with traffic going in both directions on each. Its not quite realistic and all that so they make a given road go in one direction at the consequence of actual AI units pathfinding. There have been a few bugs like this when there were no alternate roads available. 

I would say that based on your screenshot if the other road didn't allow for the north to south travel that this instance would be a bug. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team

The roads do have directional values for the AI, one way roads are also implemented, best work around is to use off road with waypoints if you want them to travel on a one way road. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2