HOTAS Warthog profile (NO TARGET)

Wingnutt270

I have been very vocal against Target in the past, and there is certainly a lot I dislike about it. But I'm coming to terms with it and appreciating the abilities that script affords me. In particular I'm a lot less dissatisfied with it ever since I found out about the 128DX inputs hack. Having only 32 on a software that forces me to join in 1 device all my programmable devices was a big no-no for me.

I particularly appreciate it as the only way in DCS to match perfectly my planes afterburner activation point on the axis with the physical detent position. With no silly custom curves, well technically it's still a custom curve but it's output is two linear straight lines.

lxsapper,

Have you tried "Axis trimmeing" in TARGET. At the push of a button you can reset the center of the X and Y axis. It makes trimming the A10C work as it is supposed to. Move the stick to a trim position, hit the button and let go. Works like a charm. Use the same, or different button to do a trim reset.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Not really, doesn't sound very appealing to me. Maybe for Helicopters, but DCS does that already. What's wrong with the A-10C trim? I've always thought it was fine both for non-FFB and with FFB (I have some MSFF2 to try this things out and that I was going to use on a project that never quite made it off experimental phase).

What's wrong with the A-10C trim?

Oh, nothing, but there's no trim reset and for me the trim hat has always been a little clunky. This worked awesome from the get go. Just flay yourself wings level and zero climb/decent rate and hit the button.

Works great for A10C, but there seems to be an issue with AV8B, imediatley initiates a climb by about 3 degs. I'm gonna put it on all my module scripts and try it out.

Hey Wingnutt270,

Try the TARGET Script Editor, it offers so much more than the GUI version. I'd offer my script, but it uses the F18 grip. If you have the F18 grip your welcome to it.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I guess there is a bit of confusion here. "Resetting the trim" means taking out every previous input to offset it from center, so practically it is return to trim center.

Setting the trim with a single button press (and not 4-way switch) is another thing, but in real life it is never for fixed wing, just for helicopters for their unique way of flying.

In fixed wing, unless it has trim wheels for some of the axes only, then it is a 2-way or 4-way switch. Me think...

There is not a trim-reset by name, but there is a defacto trim-reset, the Emergency SAAHS Disconnect Switch. It not only switched both SAAHS to Off, but also resets all trim to neutral.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

So

where I got the idea of the stick being used to set trim. Obliviously I got a bit of that wrong, but I wasn't to far off.

Tabs are only used with emergency settings and there is a Stick_to_trimmer_control_mode, although it's a game setting and not AC equipment.

That video stayed with me after 9 years. Wow.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS