Best news for 2020: Focus on CORE of simulation

wilbur81

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explosions and aircraft damage animation improvements would be nice. Seriously, the current animations would look bad 10 years ago.

IMO that really is marginal. I would be more concerned with the EFFECT some explosives have.

Like, AA missiles do bring down aircrafts alright (IDK if the "shrapnel" effect of some of them is modeled or not but they seem ok to me).

The thing I can't really stand is the fact of having to place a Mk82 (we're talking about 200lbs of hi explosive) exactly down the exhaust of any armored vehicle, otherwise they just brush it off... even if it landed at, say, 15ft.

Now, the veh could remain intact but the sheer overpressure and some fragmentation should render it inoperable, either through disabling the crew of some critical eqpt. I would like to see THAT modeled before any eye candy.

Eye candy brought us where we are today, beautiful simulator that sometimes runs like a slideshow

... and I don't even want to go into rockets and 20/30mm gun effetcs, those are just ridiculous. Infantry that survives multiple close HE rocket (or HEI 30mm rounds) impacts is just. I would like some of that. What kinda armor are they wearing?

Just pub chit chat though, I don't have any .trk evidence or videos to back this up, nor the inclination to go and do it.

Nonsense.

Agreed. I find the explosion modelling to look quite accurate.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Current open beta is the first time I see volumetric clouds look decent in VR and not some glossy sprite with double vision. Got to fly some more in various weather but this is a first.

What do you mean? in the latest 2.5.6 beta?

Current open beta is the first time I see volumetric clouds look decent in VR and not some glossy sprite with double vision. Got to fly some more in various weather but this is a first.

dcs doesnt have volumetric clouds. its just a bunch of sprites.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580