Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

This goes together with their plan to finish the F/A-18 and F-16 this year which means the that the Eagerly awaited aircraft is supposed to be something modern and western.

I don't get how you come to conclusion it is definitely a western one?

They have very carefully selected their words and then shut their lips tightly so that they do not reveal anything else.

We do not even know that do they mean with "Highly Anticipated" etc that it is the Community in this Forum, or is it just their own ED company workers, or their military clients?

That is what IMHO makes it so interesting to speculate that what it could be, as there is so many options that it can't be clearly said "Yeah, it is Western F-15C!".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

But western is the most probable option here. They are very capable, ED works with some companies already and they sell like candy. I don't really see a reason why they wouldn't do a western jet. Specially with the issues that the russian government puts in the development of their planes. Why go through all that hassle to develop a russian plane that may even not sell very well, when you can "just" make an F-15 and have it sell like candy

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

I don't get how you come to conclusion it is definitely a western one?

I though that it's something that uses western technologies and systems. Otherwise it would not have to be done by a team that is so busy at the moment. On the other hand, I don't know what different teams ED has so my though doesn't make much sense in the end.

Why go through all that hassle to develop a russian plane that may even not sell very well, when you can "just" make an F-15 and have it sell like candy

Now, there is this whole 'the community is much larger than what happens on the forums' argument, obviously, but taking what the vocal part of the community says generally, I'd say releasing a modern-ish Russian-made fighter would be almost guaranteed to match the sales of an F-15.

That, obviously, doesn't take into account whether or not it's worth the extra effort it might need, just saying sales would not be in question at all.

Now, there is this whole 'the community is much larger than what happens on the forums' argument, obviously, but taking what the vocal part of the community says generally, I'd say releasing a modern-ish Russian-made fighter would be almost guaranteed to match the sales of an F-15.

That, obviously, doesn't take into account whether or not it's worth the extra effort it might need, just saying sales would not be in question at all.

At this stage Flanker would sell more then F-15E, The effort as you mentioned is another thing.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

But western is the most probable option here. They are very capable, ED works with some companies already and they sell like candy. I don't really see a reason why they wouldn't do a western jet. Specially with the issues that the russian government puts in the development of their planes. Why go through all that hassle to develop a russian plane that may even not sell very well, when you can "just" make an F-15 and have it sell like candy

A reason why they wouldn’t do eastern? How about their first few games being called Flanker. How about them being based in Russia and Belarus. How about the neglect these eastern planes already have.

We are long over due

For a list of teams look at Kate’s production note on Reddit.

Yes a F-15C would sell like candy maybe, but they are not solely motivated by money. Nick points out all the time on Reddit the team members could have picked higher paying jobs, but instead choose to do what they love. Yes money is important, but it’s far from the only factor here for what they choose. Especially after doing western jet after western jet after western jet, they have to switch it up becuase they became who they are today off of simulating modern planes whether eastern or western, not by making a western jet simulator.

As they always say in the trailers, we made their dreams come true, and I have no doubt they will pay us back at least partly, with something that goes with kvass and rye bread not donuts and coffee

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

A reason why they wouldn’t do eastern? How about their first few games being called Flanker. How about them being based in Russia and Belarus. How about the neglect these eastern planes already have.

The lack of eastern aircraft isn't a coinicidence and it's not due to neglect either. We'd all love more eastern aircraft and a full systems Flanker and personally, I think it would probably sell even better than an F-15C.

However, unfortunately there are some buerocratic hurdles that make this difficult, and that's why most deem it quite unlikely.

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The lack of eastern aircraft isn't a coinicidence and it's not due to neglect either. We'd all love more eastern aircraft and a full systems Flanker and personally, I think it would probably sell even better than an F-15C.

However, unfortunately there are some buerocratic hurdles that make this difficult, and that's why most deem it quite unlikely.

Yeah, but again, overcoming that problem could very well be the "huge milestone" that will "melt our brains".

An F-15C module is neither of those things.

Yeah, but again, overcoming that problem could very well be the "huge milestone" that will "melt our brains".

An F-15C module is neither of those things.

Agree - but then while getting an official licence to do a full fidelity module for a "baseline" MiG-29 or Su-27 could be considered a "milestone", I don't see it as being more "brain melting" than a full fidelity F-15C.

IMHO that would take something like an Su-35 :)

Agree - but then while getting an official licence to do a full fidelity module for a "baseline" MiG-29 or Su-27 could be considered a "milestone", I don't see it as being more "brain melting" than a full fidelity F-15C.

Heh, at this point I will be even happy with vanilla Su-27 or MiG-29...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

The aircraft I'd like to see is about nostalgia more than anything, but it's still a good choice.

I first got into flight simulators with MS Flight Sim 2.0 on a Commodore 64 computer (it was brutal, but it worked given the time period), and then into fighter sims with Spectrum HoloByte's Falcon 3.0 in the early '90s.

I loved the concept at the time of an interconnected "electronic battlefield" with the subsequent releases of the the MIG-29 and the F/A-18 jets in addition to the F-16 in Falcon 3.0. And it's where I learned to use a HOTAS setup (the early Thrustmaster stick and throttle, which I still own), and it simply doesn't feel right to fly a fighter without one even now (I have the X52 Pro currently). DCS is finally giving us that "electronic battlefield" concept from the early '90s with incredible results!

The original three aircraft selected to inter-operate on Spectrum HoloByte's "Electronic Battlefield" were the F-16, the F/A-18 and the MIG-29. Now that DCS has both the F-16 and the F/A-18 as high-fidelity models, it would only be fitting for the MIG-29 to be released in high-fidelity as well and make the original concept from the 1990's a full reality 3 decades later with all three of these iconic aircraft.

So, I would hope for a MIG-29, but I'd like to see the Typhoon or maybe the Dassault Rafale as a consolation prize, if it's not the MIG-29...

Edited by jlummel

This profile (jlummel) is not in use anymore!

I managed to recover my original forum profile, StressLess, and have gone back to using it!

Dassault Rafale

Also about this, I remember reading that AdA has plans to train their pilots using simulated environment. And considering that RAZBAM is currently working on M2000C with AdA, and later on M2000-5, maybe Rafale is in someone's pipelines as well.

Though, like my wish for FF Su-27/MiG-29 birds, it's probably just my wishful thinking speaking again...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

I disagree. A F-15C would, in my opinion, not offer that much more than the F-14 / F-16 / F-18 that we already have. Yes, it's a different aircraft but not much more advanced or very different in terms of systems than those.

The MiG-29 or Su-27 on the other hand would be a huge leap from the most modern full-fidelity Russian fighter that we have now, the MiG-21.

Whether it melts your brain, well, that depends on different things.

Personally the only thing that I suppose could really melt my brian would be DCS:Space Shuttle...

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

I disagree. A F-15C would, in my opinion, not offer that much more than the F-14 / F-16 / F-18 that we already have. Yes, it's a different aircraft but not much more advanced or very different in terms of systems than those.

The MiG-29 or Su-27 on the other hand would be a huge leap from the most modern full-fidelity Russian fighter that we have now, the MiG-21.

No you don't disagree, because thats basically what I said as well :) .

Whether it melts your brain, well, that depends on different things.

Sure, but I guess we are all just trying to gauge what a likely candidate could be based on the few hints we have been given - such as "eagerly awaited", "milestone", "very complex" and "brain melting".

The F-15C is vastly more modern than the F-14B (plus you really want 2 people), and superior than the hornet at counter air. It's a bit more of a push against the F-16C, save for the increased staying power of the Eagle.

But it doesn't move the DCS simulation world forward! The red vs. blue aspect is wildly out of the balance for modern jets, and the F-15C only pushes it more out of balance and only gives you more of the same.

The warbirds of WWII in DCS have a decent red vs. blue balance, as does the Korean War era golden age jets. Even the helicopters have some balance in the red vs. blue aspect!

But for DCS modern era jets there is virtually zero red vs. blue balance. Yes there are several modern red jets from Flaming Cliffs, they are not the high fidelity models you see in the blue jets, and while better than nothing it's just not balance...

Edited by jlummel

This profile (jlummel) is not in use anymore!

I managed to recover my original forum profile, StressLess, and have gone back to using it!