Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Logically it sounds like a full fidelity F-15 is inbound. However, I am really hoping we get our socks blown off with an A model Apache. I know the Longbow (D Model) has been replaced but I believe its technology is still in use. Either way, I am sure the vast majority of us will be really fired up about whats to come. Here's to the next DCS module......a Sopwith Camel

i would be far less interested in an AH64A if the AH1F is also made. Or vice versa for a cobra if Ah64A came out first.

THe main difference will be bigger calibre gun, and laser guided missiles over wire guided TOW's.

I think an Ah64D would stand out more in contrast to an Ah1F as opposed to An AH64A vs AH1F, since the D will be the rotary analog of a gen 4 jet in terms of avionics ( glass cockpit) and the fact it would fit in 21 century - present day GWOT scenarios more amd the AH1F is oldschool enough for cold war itch.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Poll? Why?

They are not asking you what you want. It says they are telling you what you are going to get.

I vote F4 ;)

No the guess to what it will be. Or two polls, what you want vs what you think its gonna be.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

*correction* people aren't burned out on blockbuster jets, they are just burnt out on playing blockbuster jets in a never ending EA cycle.

Fair.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

i would be far less interested in an AH64A if the AH1F is also made. Or vice versa for a cobra if Ah64A came out first.

THe main difference will be bigger calibre gun, and laser guided missiles over wire guided TOW's.

I think an Ah64D would stand out more in contrast to an Ah1F as opposed to An AH64A vs AH1F, since the D will be the rotary analog of a gen 4 jet in terms of avionics ( glass cockpit) and the fact it would fit in 21 century - present day GWOT scenarios more amd the AH1F is oldschool enough for cold war itch.

Pretty sure they said it will be from the fixed wing team.

Do you mind sharing some of the differences? I know that’s lazy of me, but you’re good at that kind of thing Kev:)

Its a totally different airframe i get it. Apache has better flight performance, and better protection against small arms dont get me wrong, but avionics wise, both are extremely analog. ID rate the navigation suite better too if going for a late 90s- early 200s mod ( EGI system), but late life AH1F's arent too shabby with navigation as they also got an off the shalf GPS system installed into cockpit.

henceforth i would say AH64D would stand out alot more vs AH1F than Ah64A vs AH1F.

weapons wise, as i mentioned the A model apache is superior because Hellfires > TOWS, at least in range, and the 30mm autocannon certainly better against armor than 20mm gatling gun

TBH though if i had to choose i absolutely would take a usmc Ah1W over AH64A purely because it has better variety of weapons (both TOW and Hellfire options) as well as Aim9L or M capability for air defence or AGM122 Sidearm for protection against radar based anti air units. A 2003 era AH1W already had Missile warning system integrated something that apaches didnt get until 2012 with the Ah64D block 3 which is basically a early mod Ah64E with older nomenclature which changed to E designation a mere 1 year later.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

weapons wise, as i mentioned the A model apache is superior because Hellfires > TOWS, at least in range, and the 30mm autocannon certainly better against armor than 20mm gatling gun

Main difference is not the range but the ability of "A" Apache to fire all hellfires in one salvo with 1-3 sec intervals and guide them all at the same time with the laser quickly changing targets after first hit.

hmm what do people think of the chances of it being a bomber like the 52?

dear lord, i hope not. for the pilot/copilot experience, it wouldnt be all that different from playing xplane.

wanna drop bombs? "clicking buttons in dark closet simulator"

IIRC, DCS cant do 8 engined aircraft

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

thats why i want the -A model. the only glass i want is on the front of my gauges. id like to revisit the mid to late cold war era, rather than whatevers most modern

same goes for cobra- early, single engine model for me!

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

thats why i want the -A model. the only glass i want is on the front of my gauges. id like to revisit the mid to late cold war era, rather than whatevers most modern

same goes for cobra- early, single engine model for me!

If there is going to be a blueforce helo I'd want at least 1 modern attack helo for the 21st century, before going back to cold war. The single engined cobra aught to be a throwback to the cold war. Not the apache.

Ah64a was only in the cold war for a few years anyways. The ah64a didn't see its first combat action until the gulf war.

The single engine cobras are more fitting for the cold war depending on model but even the ah1f is barely cold war like the f14b. Just as one can lump AH1W cobra in that same basket, although that remains relevant due to prolonged use well into the 2000's due to time it took for the USMC to find an appropriate successor ( which really is yet another more beefier cobra). Perhaps that model would be the best compromise as it still retained an analog setup until present day where it is almost nearly phased out.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

This seems like a competition: who can pick up the less likely aircraft to be announced :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Main difference is not the range but the ability of "A" Apache to fire all hellfires in one salvo with 1-3 sec intervals and guide them all at the same time with the laser quickly changing targets after first hit.

Easier said then done in actual reality.

Can try to do the same with the whiskey cobra mind you which is more suitable for a contested environment than the a mod apache due to agm122 and aim9,s, countermeasure system derived from the hornet and if a 2000s mod a mws.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

If there is going to be a bluefprce help I'd want at least 1 modern atta ck helo for the 21st century, before going back to cold war. The single engined cobra aught to be a throwback to the cold war. Not the apache.

Ah64a was only in the cold war for a few years anyways. The ah64a didn't see its first combat action until the gulf war.

The single engine cobras are more fitting for the cold war depending on model but even the ah1f is barely cold war like the f14b.

true, but gulf war 1 was kinda the last big hurrah for the older cold war aircraft..i suppose some may have seen use in kosovo, but after 1991, we lost f-4, f-8, a-7...not long after that, lost the a-6 and the apache longbow got fielded.

System:

I wouldn't mind seeing an F-111 Aardvark, F-4 Phantom, or A-6 Intruder. As for the red force, I could see the Mig-23 Flogger.

For the WWII era how about the P-38 or maybe even the B-17? I used to play Air Warrior back in the day and having a fully manned B-17 was fun (all the gunners plus a bombadier).

This seems like a competition: who can pick up the less likely aircraft to be announced :D

Me! I want the one does not have 3 years of development ahead, after it's released as alpha/beta/EA whatever you like to call it!

Am i the winner or what?:music_whistling:

Logically it sounds like a full fidelity F-15 is inbound. However, I am really hoping we get our socks blown off with an A model Apache. I know the Longbow (D Model) has been replaced but I believe its technology is still in use. Either way, I am sure the vast majority of us will be really fired up about whats to come. Here's to the next DCS module......a Sopwith Camel

lol sopwith camel. Got me good with that one :megalol:

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing an F-111 Aardvark, F-4 Phantom, or A-6 Intruder. As for the red force, I could see the Mig-23 Flogger.

For the WWII era how about the P-38 or maybe even the B-17? I used to play Air Warrior back in the day and having a fully manned B-17 was fun (all the gunners plus a bombadier).

Mig-23 has building by RAZBAM, not ED. And about WW2 coming P-47, Mosquito and Me262. Build a full manned B-17 require some technology and implementations first, for that has better a medium bomber first.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Silver_Dragon