Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

This

Timecode pls?

About 1 hour 36 mins mark, question 55 about F-15C. Simon says ED will not do F-15C and then expands his answer to Russian aircraft, talking how ED can't obtain permission to do it and finally reveals, calling it "breaking news" --

from 1:37:48 starts "What I can say, is, that there is one we are looking at possibly doing, and that is a MiG-29A"

Then GR interrupted and Simon continued "So that is breaking news".

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

YES!! He really said that! I really hope that one day will get FF MiG-29. I heard that recently RuAF had replaced all its MiG-29 units with Su-30s, so that could open a way to more modern variant, but even if not, old 29A will be more that sufficient :).

Reading what was said I was skeptical it was anything more then doing it eventually.

But listening to it it does sound like it may be this face melter.

Nipil, I want to say, that while it may not be the game changer a non FC3 plane will be, I think there will still create a huge increase players flying the MiG-29. It does work into their plans of re doing R-27 and IR re work. And yes its sensors might not perform as well as the FC3 plane becuase of the FC system simplicity, but I if this is really true I think it will have a huge impact on the game and multi player with so many more people flying Fulcrum.

In FC, it always seems that everyone gravitates towards the Sukhois. The experienced ones who want a full fidelity modern red plane will almost always go towards the Sukhois as it’s kind of the most modern in terms of feature set. So with a full fidelity Fulcrum, I think many things will change for the better.

Also I believe Chizh said they would re do the SPO-15 Beryoza modeling if they do in full fidelity:)

As far as modern red air goes, I would be very happy with this as a starting point. Hopefully with a little bit of work on GCI and IADS, going against the modern blue for will be very fun:)

Of course I’m sure this is two or three years down the line:megalol:

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yeah...

MiG-29A!?!?!!! Whoohoo!:pilotfly:

I share your joy but you know...

"Looking at possibility of doing" is not the same as WE R DOING IT posted on weekend news.

Well, it is to me, but still...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I think we all can agree that it is absolutely great and also brain melting news that the MiG-29A will be possible to bring on for ED. Really looking forward to that one since I'm pretty sure they will make it because the demand for a more modern REDFOR is pretty much there. While it isn't anything as fancy as a SMT, MiG-35 or any of the more modern Flanker variants, it's still a blast to begin with and a much more capable adversary than what we have already, at least if you don't count the Jeff as red, since that's literally a plane within a green vs. yellow conflict. And I think it would be awesome to have the 29A alongside the 23MLA cheerilee.png

After all I'd prefer more stuff from that era to be fair. 80-90 is a great timeframe for modern air combat with some new and fancy first 4th gens, but the old and gold things still there, lots of variety and a great mix that can pretty much have some balance without nerfing anything. A Fulda Gap map then would be the cherry on top of the icing... one day... one day... icon_razz.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Even RAZBAM admitted that it was a module they intended to use as a learning platform and has no completion date.

I haven't found the source for the "Razbam says AV-8B N/A is a learning module for them" so I would be interested to find exactly that.

And they have stated multiple times that their plans are to get all their modules out of the Early Access before releasing any new modules (doesn't mean that they don't develop those meanwhile). So is there some new information that I have no information, that they are not going to include AV-8B N/A in that plan?

I dont even think they have the appropriate documentation to finish it and are apparently waiting for some kind of military training contract to come in to get the info. Or at least that is the best I could make from the podcast.

AV-8B N/A is in limited use, far in the end on the way out of service. There really wouldn't be much sense for any military to invest time to train for legacy platform that is currently replaced by the F-35B with V/TOL capabilities, is far easier to fly and operate etc.

We live now in 2020, it has is almost 30 years since the collapse of the Soviet Union, and so on end of the Cold War. We can go back in time 10 or even 20 years and it would be even more difficult to get access to military equipment and procedures, not just on west but even more for the east.

Let's roll back 30 years, to end of the Cold War, and there were things that were possible with money, but still lots of obstacles to get any information. Let's go back in time 40 years, now it is 1980. We are talking about era of the aircrafts that are base for large proportion of the military aircrafts that we have today in operational service, even if in the latest variants and upgrades. 40 years ago it would have been even more difficult to get information from the latest military aircrafts in service, than it is today from a F-22 or F-35. And to get information from those, it is almost completely all about the PR material for photographs etc.

Like if we look to year 1976 when MiG-25 was brought to hands of the western intelligence services by defector, that is 44 years ago. What would then the intelligence services give for such an information access that we have today about even latest fighters?

If 44 years ago an intelligence officer would have been able to type on computer "MiG-25" and get a such amount of high resolution photographs of the MiG-25 as we do get today from F-35, they would have killed anyone... Would they have required to pay for the pilot and turn him with promises and protection back then if they would had such a access to material like we do?

We are today just getting to have access to aircrafts data from 20-30 years back.

How much there is data for AV-8B N/A? Pretty much, and maybe even more than required to make it right. Problem just is that it has not been done right, and it needs time to not just change its features but really add them first.

These fighters that many wants that becomes new ones, operational ones, can be impossible without really correct contacts and permissions.

Like when we could see F-22 in DCS World? 2050 or 2060?

We live in interesting times as well, while the generation definitions are flexible and moving depending who you ask, it can be said that the era what 80-90's offers is similar as when MiG-15 and F-86 came out. We just received more changes to cockpit than the idea of the whole speed and altitude gains.

That is maybe something why 80-90's era would be more interesting than any of in 20 years backwards from now, as big changes has been made and new technologies were used.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It seems to me for some reason the F-4 Phantom module has been pushed to a more later date, at around 2022 for some reason. But this plane, as we all know has seen a lot of conflicts and service with many and I do believe it is among the most AWAITED planes.

Since there is a lot of delay. I was hoping if ED could possible add in some of that NAVAL F-4 Phantom as well. I'm sure it will sell well.

Also we are finally going to see a somewhat modern Redforce Mig 29A. Well, its only hopeful, not confirmed one. Was hoping for the baseline super early Su-30 or 27 FF module. But at the very least, I hope they update the current 3D Ai Assets of the Su-30.

Edited by jojyrocks

Honestly I‘m not sure whether the mystery aircraft question has now been answered or not in that interview.Its still all vague and confusing in my opinion.So yes Apache is coming, possibly Mig-29A too, but if either of those is the mystery aircraft..don‘t know.

If it is the Apache A-Model (Mig-29 seems to be undecided yet) I wonder what all that brainmeltdown hype was about?!

So they make a blue semi-modern helicopter.Ok.whats so special about it? Black Shark will have a counterpart of sorts.I don‘t want to step on anyones toes and if the rotory crowd digs it , good for them.

Still I don‘t see whats so revolutionary or brainmelting about it , that ED had to hint-hype it .

Its neither epically famous like the Phantom, nor capability’s-wise a blow-away like F-22/35 nor is it a type of aircraft not covered before like a V-22 or whatever.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

You know what i really love about that hole thing, despite desperatly wanting to know what the mystery module is going to be?

The fact that wags & co are falling asleep laughing.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

Mig-29A.....hm....would be cool but not brain melting or as cool as a modern Flanker would be :joystick: Edit: or a Mig-29K

I'm curious to see what the project will be if ED reveals it end of the year.

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Mig-29A.....hm....would be cool but not brain melting or as cool as a modern Flanker would be :joystick: Edit: or a Mig-29K

I'm curious to see what the project will be if ED reveals it end of the year.

They are TRYING to work on Mig 29A. Its not confirmed, yet...

Brain melting would be the something like the Early Su-30 version...or even the Su-27 Full fidelity. But since they hinted for a FF Mig 29A then...we cant be choosy LOL...

I dont think we'll be seeing MODERN flankers like the Su-35 or even the current Su-30 versions for a LOOOOONG TIME.

You know what would REALLY be brain melting?? Zero (0) aircraft modules in the early release stage at any one single point in time, any one day, in the near future...

You know what would be EVEN MORE brain melting?? Zero (0) modules of ANY kind (aircraft, terrains, campaigns, etc.) in the early release stage at any one single point in time in the near future...

Of course, such a thing might be construed by some as one of the signs the Apocalypse is upon us (the real one that is, not one of these bullshift fake end-of-the-world events that you keep hearing about ad nauseam)!

But I'd settle for any missile capable redfor aircraft with radar at this point, though I still expect the mystery aircraft to be the Tornado...

Edited by StressLess
Why is the M-2000C not redfor? 'Cause Russia never invaded France...

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

But I'd settle for any missile capable redfor aircraft with radar at this point, though I still expect the mystery aircraft to be the Tornado...

In the the interview Grim Reapers took it was said that Tornado is not planned to be made by ED. A third party can go for it, but it doesn't relate to brain melter.

You know what would REALLY be brain melting?? Zero (0) aircraft modules in the early release stage at any one single point in time, any one day, in the near future...

You know what would be EVEN MORE brain melting?? Zero (0) modules of ANY kind (aircraft, terrains, campaigns, etc.) in the early release stage at any one single point in time in the near future...

Of course, such a thing might be construed by some as one of the signs the Apocalypse is upon us (the real one that is, not one of these bullshift fake end-of-the-world events that you keep hearing about ad nauseam)!

Isn’t MiG-29A the best option from that perspective? FM already done. Exterior and cockpit model already done

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

In the the interview Grim Reapers took it was said that Tornado is not planned to be made by ED. A third party can go for it, but it doesn't relate to brain melter.

i was really annoyed by the grim reapers interviewer...asking the question about multi engine aircraft then volunteering his own opinion. Whateveryourname is -shut up and stick to asking question. You don't speak for everyone. there's a lot of people that would love M/E aircraft. :doh:

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Yeah...

Isn’t MiG-29A the best option from that perspective? FM already done. Exterior and cockpit model already done

I am sure that all of that would be improved even further in the new MiG-29A module given the ED mantra of the best possible simulation.

Bring it on!

I haven't found the source for the "Razbam says AV-8B N/A is a learning module for them" so I would be interested to find exactly that.

And they have stated multiple times that their plans are to get all their modules out of the Early Access before releasing any new modules (doesn't mean that they don't develop those meanwhile). So is there some new information that I have no information, that they are not going to include AV-8B N/A in that plan?

Its in the recent Razbam interview with Ron, which is like an hour long but its in that interview somewhere.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You mean the Magic 8-Ball was wrong about it being the Tornado?? Bite your tongue for that blasphemy! Magic 8-Ball is NEVER wrong (only merely incorrect, on occasion).

I wonder if we are all on the same page on what the term "brain melter" actually refers to, though?

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

I wonder if we are all on the same page on what the term "brain melter" actually refers to, though?

I mean that it's not THE one brain melter promised to be announced. A Tonka sure would be great, though I don't think anything revolutionary about it.

I mean that it's not THE one brain melter promised to be announced. A Tonka sure would be great, though I don't think anything revolutionary about it.

Well, they did hope Tornado would or could be taken up by some OTHER 3rd party developers. So whatever surprise they are announcing remains anyone's guess....

Did they say, this year?

Well, they did hope Tornado would or could be taken up by some OTHER 3rd party developers. So whatever surprise they are announcing remains anyone's guess....

Did they say, this year?

Yeah this year. Or as ED would say: Two more weeks.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin: