Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Well Its starting to seem that we wont get modern Russian/Soviet module after all.

Starting to? ED has been clear about that for quite some time

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Wags said 1 in a million, we still have a chance!!!!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Wags said 1 in a million, we still have a chance!!!!

ED & Red air:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSfoAfkPL6el_QjYAMMVXlPUh9kvRdEozIGNiDZ95sjX57qw6vZ&usqp=CAU

In all reality, our most likely chance of getting full-fi red air is thru a third party that doesn't have the same restrictions as ED. There are plenty of former client states that imported russian aircraft, and theres enough of them in private ownership that it shouldn't be impossible to come up with the info needed to put together a module.

Considering the demand for such a thing it could present a lucrative opportunity for the right dev

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

In all reality, our most likely chance of getting full-fi red air is thru a third party that doesn't have the same restrictions as ED. There are plenty of former client states that imported russian aircraft, and theres enough of them in private ownership that it shouldn't be impossible to come up with the info needed to put together a module.

Considering the demand for such a thing it could present a lucrative opportunity for the right dev

I'm sorry, I really can't comprehend the level of cognitive dissonance it takes to post the following.

IF there is some actual "restriction" on ED, it won't matter who the hell does it. If the Russian government doesn't want red air in the game, then some 3rd part doing it won't matter one bit (and I don't think they really care, some people's boris and natasha fantasies aside).

I think no red by ED is purely an internal political decision since they a) don't think it will sell, or its not "interesting" and b) can't work out the licensing. In the case of a 3rd party, ED won't care about A, and B is up to the 3rd party.

Based on what I've read on the Russian side of the forum, its some combination of A/B. So mind melting news could be that they solved that, or could be totally unrelated.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

*Updated* 5/17/2020

*Removed F-22/F-35/Rafale/Gripen from list as most** fly by wire aircraft surely can't be a "challenge" to fly. 4/29/2020

*Removed C-130. 4/29/2020

*Added Grumman A-6 Intruder as I'm unsure if Heatblur will develop it. 4/29/2020

*Removed Yak-38 Forger. 5/1/2020

*Removed F-15C, Mig-29, Su-27 and Su-25. 5/4/2020

*Clarified "Hawker Nimrod" as "Hawker Siddeley Nimrod". 5/4/2020

*Removed Canberra as Razbam might make that as possible future module. 5/4/2020.

**NEW** Removed EE Lightning as Razbam might make that into full module. 5/17/2020

**NEW** Removed Su-34 as it's confirmed it's not the upcoming new module. 5/17/2020

I've read through every post here and annotated every aircraft guess mentioned, as well as cross checked hints. Here's a list of everything it could be.

Sources:

*All aircraft being made by 3rd parties have been removed from list*

*"It's mind melting"* source - Wags/Nineline/somebodyofficial

*"It's not a World War 2 or earlier aircraft"* source - Nineline

*"It's already been mentioned in this thread"* source - Nineline 4/15/2020

*"Su-35 not in development"* - EagleDynamics

*"Ka-52 not in development"* - EagleDynamics 4/15/2020

*"Here is what we know, It's not WW2, probably not a bomber, it's not the F4, or C130, it isn't old, but it isnt as new as to NOW. It's a challenge to fly, and is a milestone."* source -ED tester

"The module is all new, I'll give you that." -Nineline 5/3/2020

**NEW**"The new module isn't the Su-34" - BigNewy 5/16/2020

Most likely candidate due to WIP pictures from last decade:

AH-64 Apache

f2cf857c4d37965adec8738e6116c413a13ea401v2_128.jpg

Possible "Mind Melting":

A-4 Skyhawk

A-6 Intruder

B-1B Lancer

CH-47 Chinook

E-2 Hawkeye

E-3 Sentry

EA-6B Prowler

F/A-18 E/F/G Hornet

F-104 Starfighter

F-105 Thundercheif

F-111 Aardvark

F-117 Nighthawk

Hawker Siddeley Nimrod

J-15 Flanker-X2

KC-130 Hercules

KC-135 Stratotanker

Mig-25 Foxbat

Mig-31 Foxhound

Mig-35 Fulcrum F

Panavia Tornado

Saab 35 Draken

Sepecat Jaguar

Su-22 Fitter

Su-24 Fencer

Su-30 Flanker

Su-37 Flanker

TU-22 Backfire

UH-60 Blackhawk/Seahawk

V-22 Osprey

IDK about mind melting, I don't think it neccisarily has to do with the A/C.

I'm more interested in the hard to fly comment. As that should really narrow the search parameters. Unfortunately, according to Nick Grey, anything 4th gen is very easy to fly, even the Russian stuff. The F117 reputedly was hard to fly. And IF they more or less continue the trend of using various modules to subsidize core DCS development (Super Carrier is supposed to Get us overall better land ATC at some point). Then doing the 117 would probably get us a much better EW and IADS simulation into the game.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Doesn't mean things can't change, as old stuff gets declassified and new stuff replaces it ...

iffffff only it just worked like there, but perhaps it does and they still don't want to cooperate ?!?!

What about just dealing with the Serbian Govt, they got a few systems and airplanes from Russia and I didn't get this idea before despite knowing all of this and posting many rants about it, Serbia will repair and modernize some of the aircraft themselfs and I think this is being done as we speek now, that could be a great time to kinda get in before the modernization is 100% complete and get the data on the old Mig-29s that Serbians may be okay with sharing ... if they don't have any requirement to ask Russia about it lol.

Plus you may have some connections with the Serbian WW2 / Mig-21 plane enthusiasts and I believe Mig-21bis for DCS had something to do with serbia in terms of research/employees or no? Edit: yeah, according to corporationwiki.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201612231048907647-russia-serbia-mig29-deliveries/

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Just quoting a developer --

It is super easy to get ED to do red fighter --

FIND at least 1 (one) person from either Sukhoi, MiG, United Aircraft Corporation who will be willing to discuss it, and ask this:

"Will you provide me, and on what terms, the technical documentation for the <INSERT AIRCRAFT HERE> related to the flight performance and operation of the on-board systems, minus what is classified? Yes, I need these documents for reliable computer simulation. No, I am not an employee of the company, but just a sympathetic citizen who is not related to the developer company, for which I request these documents"

If you succeed - ED will engage and take it.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

It is super easy to get ED to do red fighter
Not really, you're missing the Russian government also has something to say there. As they said a third party on the other hand could do it (being based outside Russia). Maybe they found a way to do it through a third party (Belsimtek?) or really found a good enough way from Russian government's perspective. Who knows.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Not really, you're missing the Russian government also has something to say there. As they said a third party on the other hand could do it (being based outside Russia). Maybe they found a way to do it through a third party (Belsimtek?) or really found a good enough way from Russian government's perspective. Who knows.

S!

I think you missed some sarcasm there ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

IDK about mind melting, I don't think it neccisarily has to do with the A/C.

I'm more interested in the hard to fly comment. As that should really narrow the search parameters. Unfortunately, according to Nick Grey, anything 4th gen is very easy to fly, even the Russian stuff. The F117 reputedly was hard to fly. And IF they more or less continue the trend of using various modules to subsidize core DCS development (Super Carrier is supposed to Get us overall better land ATC at some point). Then doing the 117 would probably get us a much better EW and IADS simulation into the game.

I don't think ED has access to info that FlyingIron Simulations doesn't have or can't get. The optics would be pretty bad for them to release it after a dev has shown a sip model...I mean, it's *possible* , ED could be further along on theirs, but I don't think so.

I think the ah64 makes the most sense, but I don't know how likely they are to follow the hind with the Apache...

System:

Well the Hind thing is definitely not a small deal, it's a really cool looking heli to me ... kinda makes up for it even tho I haven't got into helis in DCS.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Thanks!

I think you missed some sarcasm there ;)

Yes. I was just repeating what PilotMi8 said in the Russian forums section. It's not the government we need to worry about, it is the license holder - who will limit the knowledge share based on government regulations, BUT IT NEEDS TO BE WILLING to share that knowledge in the first place.

Registering a 3rd party outside of Russia is a piece of cake and takes money only. If that was the sole reason it would have been dealt with.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Challenge to fly...

I'm more interested in the hard to fly comment.

This you mean? "It's a challenge to fly"

If something is easy for one person, it means only that.

Now, a challenge to fly does not mean hard to fly - MiG-29 can be a challenge to fly but it is not hard... for me...

Yes. I was just repeating what PilotMi8 said in the Russian forums section. It's not the government we need to worry about, it is the license holder - who will limit the knowledge share based on government regulations, BUT IT NEEDS TO BE WILLING to share that knowledge in the first place.

Registering a 3rd party outside of Russia is a piece of cake and takes money only. If that was the sole reason it would have been dealt with.

I wish you're right in that regard and some day we see it :joystick:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Interesting

APACHE!

COMANCHE!

I don't think it's gonna be a helicopter, I'm sure someone said somewhere that someone said that someone said that someone said that's it's the jet team working on it.

That must have been me. The development was supposed to start towards the end of 2020 which is also when the Hornet and Viper were supposed to be done so that's why I thought that.

I'll say it again:

3b6cc91a42dc7ff2d72741fee7700247.jpg

Old? Check.

Post WW2? Check.

Already Mentioned on this forum? Check.

Hard to fly? Check.

Not a helicopter? Check.

Mind-Melting? Absolutely.

XF-85 Confirmed

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

LONGBOW!

amen or F-4E :D amen again

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

No, it ain't

I'll say it again:

Old?

It's not supposed to be old though.

Interesting concept...

LONGBOW!

As long as it comes with solid AI...

I'll say it again:

Old? Check.

Post WW2? Check.

Already Mentioned on this forum? Check.

Hard to fly? Check.

Not a helicopter? Check.

Mind-Melting? Absolutely.

XF-85 Confirmed

I would sacrifice so many children for any FICON.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!