Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Thanks!

Typhoon is by a third party,

ED's eagerly awaited aircraft will be announced later in the year.

thanks

Nice BIGNEWY! Can't wait for that one too!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Oh people, what's wrong with Eurofighter, that's freaking great!

I remember the old shows on Discovery Channel, talking about planes, machines, and stuff, and it was "INTRODUCING DA EUROFIGHER"... I'm so mad I didn't record them on DVR, but I did went back and managed to do 1080p rebroadcast versions of some. I don't think I have anything on eurofighter tho, not for some detail information purposes, but for the coolness :)

I thought that was it, and I'd be fine with it.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

FTFY

No, you completely ruined it!

:D:D:D

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

:D

DCS_Euro_Meme.gif

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

It's not an aircraft I'm at all hyped for, but given that this is a new developer with what seems to be a surplus of talent and it's available, I'm definitely up to see how the EF is.

We needed a EuroCanard, anyways.

It's still a Yak-38M. Trust me.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Although I'm an Eagle head and very much would like the surprise aircraft to be the F-15C, i am somewhat leaning toward the surprise-and-eagerly aircraft to either be an attack helicopter (either AH-1 or AH-64), or the F-4E.

Although, i disagree with some of you here. I think having the full fidelity Eagle would improve their radar works a lot. There are works already for A/G Radar, and we are already seeing some advanced radar modes on the Hornet and Viper. I can still hope at least :D

Edited by AMRAAM_Missiles

Working on updates...

DCS lacks a "Modern" Russian full modeled clickable cockpit Jet Fighter. After F-18, F-14 and F-16... I think is about time :music_whistling:

+1

I hope to see a "modern -ish" Su-27 Version, thats the bird that got me hooked back in the LockOn times and it's sad that after all that nice DCS full fidelity modules i seldom fly any FC3 plane anymore.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Okay now with the Eurofighter thing the situation has changed a bit. The Eurofighter is a plane that has hyped quite a bit of people, and the F-15E is coming. Now, ED has to reveal their module, and is a module that's going to be competing against the F-15E and the Eurofighter in terms of sales. That's going to be a tough fight, the only plane that could outshine the Eurofighter now is the F-15, and given that we are already getting an F-15, ED may go another route. ED's module will have to release far from the Eurofighter or the F-15 if they don't want to be competing against those so much (and please don't rush the release again, ED). Now, a fixed wing plane is going to have quite some competition, so ED may try to go for helicopters. An Apache or a Cobra would make a lot of people happy and will sell very well, without competing against the Eurofighter and the F-15E. This could also be a chance for ED to come with something completely different, like an older plane or a russian plane. Let's see

The older plane could be a good option, many people is asking for Cold War era planes and it will be different enough by default. However, Ivan has spent a lot of time coding those MFDs and Spamraams, and ED is going to make sure you enjoy at least one of those. They have been going down the 2000s jets road in terms of fixed wing planes and I don't see them changing that anytime soon.

The russian plane would be ideal. We are lacking a proper modern full fidelity jet for redfor, the Jeff being Pakistani and mostly blue in terms of systems. However the russian government is what it is, so it's highly unlikely that it would be a russian plane just because of that. Even if they could, the plane would still be competing against the Eurofighter and the Eagle, even if the release is far away from theirs. Many people would pass because it's russian, others will pass because of its capabilities, others will pass because ED has ruined their track record (let's be honest), others will just be not interested or have already bought any of the other planes and they have their hands full. Russian planes simply won't be competitive enough for them to be a real option, in my opinion. They will be time-consuming as ED can't just base their code on already existing planes because they are inherently different, they will also have to overcome the russian bureaucracy, people will be wary of buying EA products even if they want to buy the plane itself, and ED wants to work on the base game. The plane risks to flop and simply not sell enough to cover the costs of working on the base game. It's a risky move, and while their numbers seem okay, I don't think they can risk much if they want to keep working on the base game and not have to work on an "emergency plane release" to cover the plane's flop.

With this said, I think ED will be going for a helicopter, probably US because they are a bit left aside in terms of helicopters, and US materiel sells. Anyway, I was expecting yesterday's announcement to be an F-15, I'm glad I was wrong, and I hope to be wrong again. But even I don't know if I want ED to risk making a plane that flops.

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Okay now with the Eurofighter thing the situation has changed a bit. The Eurofighter is a plane that has hyped quite a bit of people, and the F-15E is coming. Now, ED has to reveal their module, and is a module that's going to be competing against the F-15E and the Eurofighter in terms of sales. That's going to be a tough fight, the only plane that could outshine the Eurofighter now is the F-15, and given that we are already getting an F-15, ED may go another route. ED's module will have to release far from the Eurofighter or the F-15 if they don't want to be competing against those so much (and please don't rush the release again, ED). Now, a fixed wing plane is going to have quite some competition, so ED may try to go for helicopters. An Apache or a Cobra would make a lot of people happy and will sell very well, without competing against the Eurofighter and the F-15E. This could also be a chance for ED to come with something completely different, like an older plane or a russian plane. Let's see

I agree, if it's going to be mind melting, then for most of us it has to be something other than an 'F' series US fighter - the game is saturated with them, and there's nothing to fly against them.

The older plane could be a good option, many people is asking for Cold War era planes and it will be different enough by default. However, Ivan has spent a lot of time coding those MFDs and Spamraams, and ED is going to make sure you enjoy at least one of those. They have been going down the 2000s jets road in terms of fixed wing planes and I don't see them changing that anytime soon.

Maybe something 60's 70's, but while you seem enthused, to me that's not really adding to the game - it's 40's / 50's WVR style air combat, but with faster planes, & leaves you back in the situation of aving only one aircraft from the era (like when there was only the Pony for WWII).

The russian plane would be ideal. We are lacking a proper modern full fidelity jet for redfor, the Jeff being Pakistani and mostly blue in terms of systems. However the russian government is what it is, so it's highly unlikely that it would be a russian plane just because of that. Even if they could, the plane would still be competing against the Eurofighter and the Eagle, even if the release is far away from theirs.

This : "even if the release is far away from theirs" is exactly the point though. The game/SIM needs something that expands it. More Blue is more differentiation, but no growth.

A Red aircraft expands the game. both in terms of new systems to learn & design philosophies to adapt to, and in terms of adding the abailty to have DAC that involves adversaries not 'adversary squadrons' of similar aircraft. For the Soviet pholosophy to be implemented, E.D. would have to get the MP datalink and probably AI GCI sorted, and dthey would both add to the game too.

(edit: the whole 'Russian Govtwon't allow it' thing doesn't seem to have stopped the Mi-24, & an Su-27S is roughly a contemporary)

Many people would pass because it's russian

Ah yes, but many more would buy it because it is Soviet.

others will pass because of its capabilities

Mixed bag. I think some would buy it because they think it's mythically good, and might be disappointed with the actual capabilities of the avionics. Most would buy it because they realise that it is what it is, and that flying with the actual capabilities of the aircraft is what flying in a SIM is all about (Soviet aircraft are a bit like the P-51 in that respect - mythologised to the point lots of people expect it to be unbeatable, but in reality it has strengths, but many weaknesses too. But people still buy / fly the Pony :) )

others will pass because ED has ruined their track record (let's be honest), others will just be not interested or have already bought any of the other planes and they have their hands full.

Just an O.T. dig at E.D. - people that won't buy any more E.D. products won't buy any more E.D. products - doesn't matter what they are.

Russian planes simply won't be competitive enough for them to be a real option, in my opinion.

In terms of sales or capabilities ?

Sales - if E.D. never make Russian planes then sure, Western aircraft will definately outsell Russian aircraft. I think part of the Jeff's appeal though is that it's not Western, and people want something not Western...

Capabilities - if they're what the aircraft had, people will be interested. People currently fly the FC3 Red aircraft & their capabilities won't be so different from that.

They will be time-consuming as ED can't just base their code on already existing planes because they are inherently different,

1/ if they've constructed the code in an efficient way, then for most systems this is a red herring. Radar is radar, data-link is data-link, HSI is HSI it's just parameters & GUI that you're adjusting.

2/ If they want the game to continue to exist, they have to continually imprive it & grow it. Not so long ago the same agrument would have worked against combined arms, WWII aircraft, radial engines, LTWS/TWS, searchlights, etc, etc...

they will also have to overcome the russian bureaucracy, (O.T. dig at E.D.), and ED wants to work on the base game. The plane risks to flop and simply not sell enough to cover the costs of working on the base game. It's a risky move, and while their numbers seem okay, I don't think they can risk much if they want to keep working on the base game and not have to work on an "emergency plane release" to cover the plane's flop.
Maybe it's risky, but there is a risk associated with stagnation, and to avoid that they have to bring something new. TrueGrit have at least stepped across the atlantic and forward a couple of decades. E.D. needs to find some new territory to open up.

With this said, I think ED will be going for a helicopter, probably US because they are a bit left aside in terms of helicopters, and US materiel sells.

Pretty sure they've said it's fixed wing.

Anyway, I was expecting yesterday's announcement to be an F-15, I'm glad I was wrong, and I hope to be wrong again. But even I don't know if I want ED to risk making a plane that flops.

E.D. have said that the TrueGrit module isn't the aircraft they've been teasing, and that will be announced later.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Maybe something 60's 70's, but while you seem enthused, to me that's not really adding to the game - it's 40's / 50's WVR style air combat, but with faster planes, & leaves you back in the situation of aving only one aircraft from the era (like when there was only the Pony for WWII).

It's not just for the combat, it's for the systems and the general philosophy. As you say, the game is saturated with Teen series planes, MFD-controlled Spamraam trucks. A completely different system would be appreciated, look at the F-14. Plus it wouldn't be alone, it'd have the MiG-21 and the F-5 to fight

This : "even if the release is far away from theirs" is exactly the point though. The game/SIM needs something that expands it. More Blue is more differentiation, but no growth.

A Red aircraft expands the game. both in terms of new systems to learn & design philosophies to adapt to, and in terms of adding the abailty to have DAC that involves adversaries not 'adversary squadrons' of similar aircraft. For the Soviet pholosophy to be implemented, E.D. would have to get the MP datalink and probably AI GCI sorted, and dthey would both add to the game too

While I agree, it could be that neither ED or a significant portion of the community are willing to expand it this way. There are many issues and things that desperately need a rework or implementation. Given that ED has stated they want to work on the base game...

(edit: the whole 'Russian Govtwon't allow it' thing doesn't seem to have stopped the Mi-24, & an Su-27S is roughly a contemporary)

The Mi-24 is a helicopter widely exported and understood by the west. Hell the west has some. The Su-27 is a plane whose, at least aerodynamic and/or engine characteristics may not be fully understood and may still he applicable.

Ah yes, but many more would buy it because it is Soviet

Fewer people, I'd say

Maybe it's risky, but there is a risk associated with stagnation, and to avoid that they have to bring something new. TrueGrit have at least stepped across the atlantic and forward a couple of decades. E.D. needs to find some new territory to open up

The Eurofighter is still western, not as noticeable as US planes at first, but still western. And you can always consider it "specialization" rather than stagnation. Just like some simulators are more geared towards certain planes and simulate them really good, DCS could be trying to make that with western teen fighters. Become really good at simulating them

Edited by ResonantCard1
  • Like 1

The Mi-24 is a helicopter widely exported and understood by the west. Hell the west has some. The Su-27 is a plane whose, at least aerodynamic and/or engine characteristics may not be fully understood and may still he applicable.

Flankers have been spotted over Groom Lake and we even had access to MiG-29s for years with the German Luftwaffe during the 90s.

However, just because a foreign operator possesses an aircraft and is open about it doesn't seem to matter much to Russian MoD. I can't exactly blame ED for playing cautiously and not looking to upset the authorities.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Mi-24P is fine becuase West has them but not Su-27? Becuase none of those are in Nevada at all.... Granted the ones in Nevada are likely Su-27P, but that’s just an S with out air to ground stuff. Not to mention the USAF has flown second seat in Ukrainian UBs before

Oh look a picture of the Su-27 that no one in the West has apparently playing with Viper over Nevada, damn aliens, can’t be the US military....

I wish she was an exclusive prude, but she has been around town....

72F75009-F51B-4536-8817-C88DAF6558F0.thumb.jpeg.9f1597796ed671aa4cbbf0a1c1e376b4.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Mi-24P is fine becuase West has them but not Su-27? Becuase none of those are in Nevada at all.... Granted the ones in Nevada are likely Su-27P, but that’s just an S with out air to ground stuff. Not to mention the USAF has flown second seat in Ukrainian UBs before

Oh look a picture of the Su-27 that no one in the West has apparently playing with Viper over Nevada, damn aliens, can’t be the US military....

I wish she was an exclusive prude, but she has been around town....

They took down the videos of it doing touch and go's at Rockford. :(

Here it is with US Civil registration on the side.

photo_9999_111445.jpg

But, Kirlin's MiG-29 ride is still up:

And the FHC's UB, which I think they ended up selling:

All I will say is that give me a full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 and I will buy it.

100 EUR, 200 EUR, heck even 500 EUR. Money be damned, just give it to me. Plz...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Afaik the ones that are in the US have had their original avionics replaced. Also, them being in the US won't make the MoD automatically willing to make them happen, maybe even more wary about making them

Afaik the ones that are in the US have had their original avionics replaced. Also, them being in the US won't make the MoD automatically willing to make them happen, maybe even more wary about making them

I and probably very few people know enough about these Sukhois to say the avionics were removed, I have never seen it. A lot of MiG-29s had sensors removed and a lot didn’t

I’m just saying it’s not some mystery unknown exotic rarity, and yeah maybe not as much people will buy as teen fighters but still a HUGE portion of the player base. People are. Always asking for it.

I’m also in the camp that MOD has less to do with it then we think, and they are just knocking out the biggest sellers first. Now we have all these teen fighters with no Russian peer, yeah it won’t make the sales of F-18 but they will still make a damn lot of money on it for a long time.

Plus the flight model is already done:)

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

I don't think their avionics were replaced outright, but they probably did receive a civil Garmin set as a NavAID. These UB's were meant for sale to a civil owner. The Ukrainians probably gutted the sensitive stuff, of course.

But, yeah, point stands. Just because both the Flanker and Fulcrum now sit in multiple hangars around the world, some even being private, doesn't mean the Russian MoD is willing to part with information on them.

But, yeah, point stands. Just because both the Flanker and Fulcrum now sit in multiple hangars around the world, some even being private, doesn't mean the Russian MoD is willing to part with information on them.

That's what I think people don't understand, you still need a license from the manufacturer AND permission from the Russian MoD to make something like DCS: (Russian Plane) Since they are IN Russia and are a Russian company subject to Russian laws, in Russia.

Russia :)

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Since they are IN Russia and are a Russian company subject to Russian laws, in Russia.

Just to repeat that someone said in one thread, that ED has opened a office (and registered company) in European country.

If such would be true, it could allow ED to overcome all Russian laws as they said that any non-russian company could do those but not them....

So if that would be true, they could be developing a Soviet fighter by doing Belsimtek again....

Remember, Mi-8MTv2 is a Russian aircraft just as is KA-50 as well...

For other they got license from Kamov and Russian government was fine with it, regardless it was in service at that time.

And Mi-8 is in service but it was made by ED own separate Belsimtek company....

Are these laws so many days denying ED to make Soviet/Russian aircraft only limited to fighters, excluding helicopters, ships, ground vehicles, SAM systems etc?

Belsimtek was not an Russian company, even when it was started by ED and it was assimilated back to ED after it was done with those modules and gathered information for how to build a studio and finance it, so ED can advice third parties in their business.

Mi-8MTv2 is not that old, and neither is Mi-24P that is still in service... Developed by ED itself....

So helicopters are fine, but do not touch to fighters!(?)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

When Wags said on that podcast that 3rd parties could do Russian planes, I don’t believe he ever mentioned it was becuase of MOD or laws. I think he was pretty deliberately vague, and just said there is a few reasons they can’t right now. I’ll try to find the quote

When Wags said on that podcast that 3rd parties could do Russian planes, I don’t believe he ever mentioned it was becuase of MOD or laws. I think he was pretty deliberately vague, and just said there is a few reasons they can’t right now. I’ll try to find the quote

We all should already know that as it should be listened by everyone.

The reasons were not given, other than they are Russian company.

And that raised question.

Such laws would be there to protect military technology and so on defense capabilities.

And it doesn't make any sense that Russian company couldn't get information about the military equipment because espionage etc. But then Russian government would allow foreign company to have the information.

So it must be that Russian company can't do it if it is originally Russian equipment, no matter w where it is in use. But foreign company can do it if the equipment is is in foreign country (even if Russian made).

But again, doesn't explain Mi-24P currently....

So Wags was just very vague about it, as no reason truly was given....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.