Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Then we could very well receive a Mi-24V or KA-50-2 etc with the same logic.

Maybe we should consider just that if there is the airframe/design, it ain't it? Meaning F/A-18E is basically same airframe as Hornet, but bigger etc.

So no F-15C when F-15E is already confirmed and demoed.

I believe that you are right, you might be wrong. As I don't see anything that the FC3 and full fidelity of the module would be competing against each others.

If there would come a Su-25A or Su-25SM as DCS module, it would only really replace the FC3 Su-25 package and be more wanted. Eventually ED needs to get rid off the FC3 (IMHO) as it is legacy and while cheap, it gets replaced by the MAC for other purposes, and maybe put DCS World to the pure modules instead FC3.

As the Bluefor is getting filled with full fidelity modules, only two are in the FC3 kit, F-15C and A-10A. So how about if the ED is preparing and having plan to get a FC3 removed and get F-15C replaced by the F-15E from Razbam, the A-10C already replaces the A-10A, and then now start to get Su-27 and MiG-29 to DCS World with full modules, beginning now with Su-27SM or something first and later with MiG-29, Su-25 and maybe even Su-33.

You clearly didn't understand a word of what I said.

"This will be a highly detailed and complex aircraft representing a huge milestone"

As has been noted, Milestone is an interesting word.

You've either got somewhere, or you're starting a new journey.

So it's either got to integrate all the existing technologies into a single package, or break some new ground.

Their newest technologies seem to be side by side 2 seat MP integration (coming to a Huey/Mi-8 near you), new FLIR tech, ground radar. Maybe AI for a WSO

F-111 / Su-24 ? (Su-34 ? )

Cheers.

Based on milestone? I felt that was incredibly vague. The milestone could be the first sim to have the full teen series fully modeled. Or perhaps the milestone would be related to revamped avionics/EW modeling being introduced with the module.

Looking outside that though, if we're considering that the module will add something never before seen in the sim, things that come to my mind are stealth, EW, large attack/bomber aircraft. My first thought on complex was to rule out older planes, but thinking about it more that's not really sensible. A multi-crew bomber as you point out would be a pretty complex module.

key word is also 'eagerly awaited" i would think anything ww2 is still not quite mainstream or anticipated as the sort of "blockbuster":hits we have seen so far ( IEteen series fighters)

keywords to take into consideration are "Complex" and "milestone", so it it isnt likely to be another mulirole gen 4 fighter, ( not even redforce) as that would be something in the same category, thus no longer a milestone.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

"This will be a highly detailed and complex aircraft representing a huge milestone"

As has been noted, Milestone is an interesting word.

You've either got somewhere, or you're starting a new journey.

So it's either got to integrate all the existing technologies into a single package, or break some new ground.

Their newest technologies seem to be side by side 2 seat MP integration (coming to a Huey/Mi-8 near you), new FLIR tech, ground radar. Maybe AI for a WSO

F-111 / Su-24 ? (Su-34 ? )

you know what else could have all of the above bolded categories ? attack helo like the Ah64D longbow. :smilewink: SOmething that would certainly be anticipated and be a blockbuster hit for rotary winged part of aviation to be sure.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

My theory is it's going to be either an EW attack jet like EA-6B Prowler or EA-18G,which would go well with the supercarrier their making.A fully detailed bomber like a B-1B Lancer or some other type.Stealth aircraft like the F-117 Nighthawk or a cargo aircraft that brings something new to the table.I don't see ED making an Apache as it doesn't seem very complex when their already making an Hind.If it's a chopper,i could see them modeling an ASW one like the SH-60 Seahawk as that would be complex and groundbreaking.

What would be really cool is if we could do a poll with 5 aircraft for everyone to vote for what they think it is. Then after the set duration of the poll, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, whatever is deemed suitable, ED could verify if the proposed aircraft is in the list. If not then we have a new poll. If it is verified we leave speculation at that.

C'mon that would be great fun.

i9-9900KS, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080Ti, 55" QLED, HP Reverb

Get rid of those monitors and we can talk

Why?

The Su-27SM has the three monitors... The aircraft very rapidly went to glass cockpit design, Su-27S, Su-30, Su-33 been really only versions having just one small screen in first versions.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

key word is also 'eagerly awaited" i would think anything ww2 is still not quite mainstream or anticipated as the sort of "blockbuster":hits we have seen so far ( IEteen series fighters)[/Quote]

I would say only two things that I have observed that match to that criteria.

1) Redfor modern fighter like Su-27 (remember, it was not visible on the 2020 video unlike MiG-29)

2) F-111 that had been mentioned all over the place last two years.

keywords to take into consideration are "Complex" and "milestone", so it it isnt likely to be another mulirole gen 4 fighter, ( not even redforce) as that would be something in the same category, thus no longer a milestone.

Those key words do not imply just that. As the milestone can very well be that ED has found a way to model more modern Redfor aircraft.

We already have two seated co-op capable helicopters. With glass cockpit just coming, attack helicopters and transport covered, we have laser and wire guided missiles as radio guided. So nothing from helicopters can be such, than flight modeling department.t

As ED said long time ago that they needed to redo all helicopters new flight modeling, why KA-50 was delayed more.

And.... Who says it flies?

Years ago ED presented M1A1 new animations, and had a search for people who had knowledge of the operating of such tank...

So... A ground units simulation would be a major milestone, it would be most wanted tank for DCS, wanted for years. And it would open possibilities to make completely new modules from SAM, to ground war etc, and utilize new dynamic campaign, CA module and new terrain engine etc etc...

I would now put my money on that... As it is DCS World, not "flight simulator".

Wags said it was an aircraft Fri

So then we are back to what is most demanded. It is not what individual wants, but what had been for years wanted from them.

And it is even question is it a community here or some military client or what.

ED made a AH-64 for military, and said question was not IF it comes to DCS, but WHEN it comes.

So that has very good change. But is it milestone etc? I don't think so.

But then again "milestone" doesn't mean automatically something we have not had as type or so, just ED own new simulation technology capability, and it can be very small even.

So it goes back to two things really IMHO. F-111 or RedFor aircraft, based to how vocal mentions those two gets.

Elaborate please

Wags said it was an aircraft Fri

Hi AeriaGloria,

Can you elaborate on that thought please? I didn't quite catch that, sorry.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Hi AeriaGloria,

Can you elaborate on that thought please? I didn't quite catch that, sorry.

Look at the first post, won’t let me quote a quote. Wags said it was an aircraft in the Beyond 2020 video post a few days ago before the newsletter

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Nope

Look at the first post, won’t let me quote a quote. Wags said it was an aircraft in the Beyond 2020 video post a few days ago before the newsletter

He did not say that in this forum though, and the video producer - GA said that this aircraft is NOT in the 2020 and beyond video.

Was there any other clue to the contrary somewhwre else.

Surely ED is having fun reading this...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Please check to Mudspike AMA Matt interview

Q: Is there hope for an F-4 Phantom? If so, would it be off the mark wishing that the developer is Heatblur using the multi-crew experience and technology created building the Tomcat?

A: The Phantom is such a legendary aircraft that we will certainly simulate it. For now, we already have another aircraft (an eagerly awaited one) to work on after the Viper.

Q: What are plans for DCS WWII after the P-47 and Me-262 have been completed?

A: The P-47D is far along and will be released at a completed state in Q1 2020. However, new World War II assets such as the completed A-20 and Ju-88 will be released this year. After the P-47D will come the Mosquito. We are still collecting the necessary data to correctly simulate the Me.262 and until we have enough granular detail we will not start development. In parallel with the new units, we are working on some new World War II maps that we will announce soon. Quite a lot is happening on the World Word II front.

So it's not F-4 phantom, AH-1 cobra, P-47, Mosquito and Me.262

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an F-22A An early software version would definitely be less advanced then the hornet we have now. The Classified aspects are the stealth coating technique and how stealthy it actually is and the newer radars and its ECM suite, and the traditional how fast can it go and how high can it fly. But I'm sure ED can make some educated guesses on that front. They do so already with the hornet and viper already.

Other then that there's quite a bit of data available on it. Its 2020 and the Raptor is basically using 1990s technology.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Why?

The Su-27SM has the three monitors... The aircraft very rapidly went to glass cockpit design, Su-27S, Su-30, Su-33 been really only versions having just one small screen in first versions.

acUS6lb.jpg

i prefer pits like this. visually more cluttered, id agree but as a VR pilot, i can access more info i need this way than by a glass cockpit

2nd- i prefer older aircraft. theyre more interesting to me. while i have virtually all the aircraft axcept a few of the ww2 planes, i find the ones with glass cockpits hold my attention the least.

ive probably spent more time in the f-5 than the av8,f16, and f18 combined(cant fly the jeff yet. someday itll come to stable, but i anticipate it being more of the same) . perhaps the one i fly most is the mi8. i find the f14 a blast, when its not a slideshow ...so, the latest&greatest multirole aircraft isnt my thing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

acUS6lb.jpg

i prefer pits like this. visually more cluttered, id agree but as a VR pilot, i can access more info i need this way than by a glass cockpit

I would gladly take F-18A or F-16A etc... But we have instead C models etc. Much more modern than what cold war made interesting. Why Red For needs similar, Su-27SM....

Still old but glass cockpit.

su-27-skm-76.jpg

perhaps the one i fly most is the mi8. i find the f14 a blast, when its not a slideshow ...so, the latest&greatest multirole aircraft isnt my thing

It is nicer to fly F-5 vs MiG-21 than Su-27S vs F/A-18C when foremost is balanced by era, and other is even crippled by non-functioning datalink.

I take Mi-8 out far more than modern fighters, and will take Mi-24P out over AH-64D....