Mission 16, assorted bugs

Stretch

Some bugs with mission 2:

• Two will say "Lead, two" while I'm engaging the mortars; I think he's supposed to say it during RTB
  • Lead will say "Watch out 2! Break off!!" randomly during RTB (terrifying)
  • If you call the JTAC from certain quadrants, he will give you an impossible run-in restriction (like one over the mountain ridge to the east). He will tell you to ABORT if you do not abide by his run-in restriction too.
  • I was flying in what I thought was a sufficiently close formation to recognize someone's face in the Yak (hypothetically)... Turns out that was so close I got blowed up along with the Yak :(

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Thanks , will look into these. The second thing (Break off) is some kind of ghost in a machine, triggerwise everything looks fine and it still happens...

As for JTAC, I don't have control over him - this is DCS thing rather than campaign.

And as for Yak.. yes, the mission is called a "surprise" for a reason :D

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Understand on points 3 and 4. In other missions you do a good job of working around DCS's restrictions by either a) giving the user in-narrative "hints" or restrictions (e.g., "Dodge 1-1, recommend you hold west of the bridge for run-in geometry!" / "Dodge 1, Hightower has approved the rendezvous but maintain spacing no closer than 500 feet", etc.), or by making these points in the "Notes" section of the briefing.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Yeah, guess I didn't pay too much attention to the direction AI JTAC was giving, focusing on squashing other bugs (and knowing I don't have that much control over the AI). I'll see what I can do about this one as well as two other things you mentioned. Not changing the Yak part though!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png