you have committed fratricide!!!

f18 bfm aggressor campaign, i shoot down the 2 and 3 plane in the first engagement mission, then with the wingman come back to nellis and after landing...i lost all my point, committed fratricide, how and when?!? How is it supposed i did fratrcide?!?

f18 bfm aggressor campaign, i shoot down the 2 and 3 plane in the first engagement mission, then with the wingman come back to nellis and after landing...i lost all my point, committed fratricide, how and when?!? How is it supposed i did fratrcide?!?

A track file would help

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Don't worry about it, I haven't played a mission in DCS for a dog's age without seeing this at the end!

Ain't war hell? ;)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• 1 year later...

I've flown 3 missions in this campaign and my wingman has also flown into me twice.  Once while in a slight decent after the last waypoint (mission 1) and another while on a gentle climb shortly after after departing Nellis (between waypoints 3 and 4).  Sorry, I didn't save the track file, but if it happens again I'll save it and post it.

Unfortunately the AI is still a work in progress.  Please forward the trk files if you encounter it again and I'll send it to ED.  They are working on improving the AI so hopefully they can do something about the mid-air collisions too.

As a workaround the AI doesn't react quickly to sudden movements so try and make your turns more slowly and keep an eye on your wingman's positioning.  It might not stop them from crashing into you but it might help you avoid them.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates