UltraMFCD 3.0 is coming

Sgt_Baker

Move along. Nothing to see here.

You had me a Kneeboards from the user guide at https://ultramfcd.com.

I will undoubtedly be spending a future rainy Sunday afternoon purchasing UltraMFCD 3.0 when it is available.

The UltraMFCD 3.0 option looks so much better than the clunky Thrustmaster MFD button box that has been around since 2014.

Kneeboard functionality on all Modules will be excellent if it is one of those "one size fits all" features within the DCS legacy code. I will continue shopping for a refurbished tablet to copy my DCS kneeboard files with hopes to expand use to the very promising UntraMFDC 3.0.

Cheers.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

You had me a Kneeboards from the user guide at https://ultramfcd.com.

I will undoubtedly be spending a future rainy Sunday afternoon purchasing UltraMFCD 3.0 when it is available.

The UltraMFCD 3.0 option looks so much better than the clunky Thrustmaster MFD button box that has been around since 2014.

Kneeboard functionality on all Modules will be excellent if it is one of those "one size fits all" features within the DCS legacy code. I will continue shopping for a refurbished tablet to copy my DCS kneeboard files with hopes to expand use to the very promising UntraMFDC 3.0.

Cheers.

Whatever kneeboard images are placed either in the master folder or aircraft-specific folders should show up in the uMFCD kneeboard. There are so many that I'm considering a search function of some description. A royal tit around to find the chart for the airport you're landing at in three minutes time.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

I don't think I got what you're trying to do regarding freemium and paying ED? Are you trying to incentivize ED into working with you?

The other alternative would be to crowdfund it. I find that people tend to say "I support it.." until it's time to pay. By crowdfunding it, it eliminates that possibility. And it doesn't interfere with any "free" models (like limited to one plane??) if you want to go down that road.

I'm OK as is with extracting it manually, but I can completely understand why people are clamoring for this. I wish you the best of luck!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I don't think I got what you're trying to do regarding freemium and paying ED? Are you trying to incentivize ED into working with you?

The other alternative would be to crowdfund it. I find that people tend to say "I support it.." until it's time to pay. By crowdfunding it, it eliminates that possibility. And it doesn't interfere with any "free" models (like limited to one plane??) if you want to go down that road.

I'm OK as is with extracting it manually, but I can completely understand why people are clamoring for this. I wish you the best of luck!

It's more that people are clamouring to pay. I'm quite happy to carry on as is. The least of my interests is to introduce a complicated - both to conceive and maintain - freemium model in terms of that which already exists in uMFCD. So what to do with monies hypothetically paid by those whom insist?

The best, any only idea, I've considered generally viable is to use funds to persuade ED to pay a tiny bit of attention to uMFCD. A day's work of a single developer on their end removes 100 days of a single developer on this end.

Or, with the pending apocalypse, could just spend it on hookers and crack. Although I hear bad things about both of those.

So when optional payments are implemented (which I could set up today, independently of any "crowdfunding" platform) what to do with the pot of cash? Start a hedge fund? In which videos are posted online of people admiring hedges?

Help me here!

:)

--Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

It's more that people are clamouring to pay. I'm quite happy to carry on as is. The least of my interests is to introduce a complicated - both to conceive and maintain - freemium model in terms of that which already exists in uMFCD. So what to do with monies hypothetically paid by those whom insist?

The best, any only idea, I've considered generally viable is to use funds to persuade ED to pay a tiny bit of attention to uMFCD. A day's work of a single developer on their end removes 100 days of a single developer on this end.

Or, with the pending apocalypse, could just spend it on hookers and crack. Although I hear bad things about both of those.

So when optional payments are implemented (which I could set up today, independently of any "crowdfunding" platform) what to do with the pot of cash? Start a hedge fund? In which videos are posted online of people admiring hedges?

Help me here!

--Baker

Sarge,

Have you ever considered standup comedy as a profession?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I have, although most of my jokes concern erectile dysfunction.

HA. I think you have proved my point. :)

Looking forward to uMFCD.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Help me here!

--Baker

I got you. If you need the attention of ED, it'll be easier if you start making money. Hell, offer a split to incentivize them. But I understand that it's hard to work on code that you're not privy to and vice versa. Meaning it's an uphill to work with independents because of the potential fracturing of the code train.

But I wish you all the luck!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Surprised and disappointED hasn't 'returned your calls'; this mod wouldn't directly conflict with anything they're doing (eg you're not releasing a flyable F-16...), and this instead builds on work they're already doing.

To them, I say, Why can't this be sold alongside other mods on the main DCS site?

I mean, over the shoulder go-pro videos on youtube showing folks flying Hornets off aircraft carriers with a battery of tablets and screens in front of them shows how serious this simulation can be.

In any event, devoid of direct support from ED, my $0.02:

-Plan to release a new major version each year (I'd even name them by year, eg. instead of MFCD 3.0, call it "MFCD 2020")

-Essentially treat that yearly purchase as a subscription that gets a year of 'support' in keeping up with DCS updates as best able.

-At close of the year, Version 2020 will still work, but will be locked to supporting whatever the last stable build of the year is(or at least that's the plan). If it breaks, V22020 remains broken...

...And V2021 will start the support cycle again. with a fresh round of funding to keep your work going.

It's a guarantee that some overly-entitled folks will b***h about it, but I choose to hope that the more mature among us will 'get it' that constantly evolving software isn't free.

And I'm willing to pay more than $0.02 ;)

where do i sign up for the beta :D

Sorry, one random question: why do you need to spend the hours of starting at matrix code? does the 'normal' lua file fiddling to export not work? I always thought the app was 'just' a WYSIWYG type interface to automate that.

• 2 weeks later...

I am up for paying for it. Probably even the basic version. I can run it on my MS Surface with an Andriod Emulator like NOX, or whatever it is called

I guess a problem might be that if you charge for it, then you would have the responsibility of officially supporting it, and with that, it becomes more than a labour of love

Edited by Ice Rhino
Added additional text

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I’ve given up on the hookers and crack. I may have been under a misinterpretation on that.

However I have been looking at this MFCD side thing he has going.

Yeah that looks more achievable than the H & C. The “zero configuration” appeals to me in a big way.

Although at this stage I will be going for the sample option to confirm if it’s what I’m after. Should it work for me?

I will have no issue with paying for the full version.

Would like to see some ground made toward full working relationship between the developer and DCS. It would ease my concern about paying for something that will be in use for “some time” to come.

Aye good luck Sgt_Baker

...with the terrible FPS of 2.5.6. at the moment i cannot wait for the revival of this awesome tool. How are things progressing Sarge? no pressure, but some of us are rather eager...:D

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's looks like this program is pretty much dead...

Too bad. It's looked very promising and it could be a very useful tool for out builders...

Enviado desde mi H8324 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by jcenzano

For whatever reason ED banned him a while back, another case of a 3rd party creating something great only to be denied and not implemented by ED themselves. We need non-blurry, easily scaled viewport and instrument exports for pit builders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For whatever reason ED banned him a while back, another case of a 3rd party creating something great only to be denied and not implemented by ED themselves. We need non-blurry, easily scaled viewport and instrument exports for pit builders.

COPY THAT!!!

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

Thanks for the info.

Too bad ED is so short-sighted regarding this.

Enviado desde mi H8324 mediante Tapatalk