Can't edit aircraft on map

rickberry49

Most likely effect of an outdated User Mod, please attach your log file to take a look at what Mods are you using.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Here are log files... at this point I can't even add anything to a brand new mission map... and DCS hangs and I have to force shutdown to exit.

going to try full rebuild of user dir...

You forgot to attach the log files (zip them first).

You can rename the /saved games/dcs/ user folder (dcs.openbeta, if you are not using the stable branch), say to /saved games/dcs.bak/ ... then start DCS and it will create a default user folder again. If the problem goes away, then it’s something on your user folder that is causing the problem.

Afterwards, you can recover items from the .bak folder, like:

/dcs/config/

/dcs/missions/

/dcs/liveries/

From the /dcs/MissionEditor/ folder, recover only the logbook.lua file.

Best regards,

eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

log files

Sorry.. I was trying to respond from my phone and did not properly zip the log files.... These are from my Orig. user dir.. that was failing... I have since rebuilt the savedgames folder and the problem appears to be in the UNITPAYLOADS lua files...

At this point the problem appears to be solved, I am bringing back each of my missions and testing. Someone said they found a program that cleans up missions. Apparently you have to build the executable and add the license, which I do not know how to do. One of the guys in our squadron did and so I tried it... "mizCleaner.exe". I ran it but, it did not appear to do anything other than display a bunch of stuff in the app window. After that is when I noticed the problems starting...

In any case I have attached what I believe are the logs from the BAD version...For anyone's ref. if they find the same issue... For me the issue appears to be resolved so.... thanks for the reply and help...!!!

logs.zip

UnitPayloads.zip

MIZ cleaner

For anyone interested.... here is the source directory for the mission cleaner and a copy of the executable that was built from it and that I tried to use... After running it there is no SAVE option you just exit... have no idea if works or not. Using a compare program on the orig mission file and the copy that was "cleaned" there are diff's and the cleaned version actually got larger by 2 Kb??? Anyone interested... here ya go... let me know how it works for you OR if you rebuild the pgm and it works differently repost your results here...

mizcleaner-master.zip

mizcleaner.zip

.. I have since rebuilt the savedgames folder and the problem appears to be in the UNITPAYLOADS lua files...

At this point the problem appears to be solved

Hi,

Glad that you have it solved.

Someone said they found a program that cleans up missions. Apparently you have to build the executable and add the license, which I do not know how to do. One of the guys in our squadron did and so I tried it... "mizCleaner.exe". I ran it but, it did not appear to do anything other than display a bunch of stuff in the app window. After that is when I noticed the problems starting...

Why would a mission need to be "cleaned up" ?

I would never allow an untried utility, to do edits or changes on my missions ... the only utility that I allow on my Mission Editor, are the Tools created by Ajax (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125351) .. as they are very mature, tested and regularly updated by its author.

Best regards,

Eduardo