What Add-Ons NOT to Make

Chrono

Oh yes, all the companies that have gone under that have specialized in sims is very much on our minds when we have to make tough decisions.

Not to completely hijack the thead I started, but I think doing the military contracts is a good way to go. There's a lot of money there and it's only going to get better as fuel and other operating costs continue to go up and drive militaries into simulations. Stripping out the classified stuff and selling it to us is great, and continuing to do Lock On type stuff (or even simpler) that's got a wider commercial audience is a good diversification.

I know it is an old hat, but it is always fun non the less. So here we go :) What I DO would like to see is a classic fast mudmover, Jaguar, Harrier, Mirage F1 or Tornado. Low and fast, 80s style is the way to go ;) If it got be be air-air, there is now way around the good old F-14A, dedicated MiG, Sukhoi and Mirage slayer.

But for now I am extremely happy with the A-10A and AH-64A.

And what about theatres? Add-ons doesn't have to be new aircraft, I guess.

Personally,

No more Korea. I've "flown" in Korea in at least 4 sims.

No more Persian Gulf. I know it's a "hot spot", but whatever possible scenario can be imagined, could be imagined in North Africa or Israel, or in southern Russia, similar to where Black Shark will initially be taking place. And lets face it, if we're going to be flying choppers, the desert is mighty boring.

Hmmm I would like to see a Chechenia Conflict... and terrain would go to Belarus-Poland border. Poland is with NATO, Belarus with Russia Pact. In the near Crime or Middle Europe (Krym) Poland is the most important country - it has much people and is big. So... ;)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I would like to see a future conflict scenario between India and Pakistan, Mig-29 vs. F-16 just the aircraft models that has been hinted at in the past. It's a good geographical area for helicopter action as well.

It is also a good place for Carrier ops.

The only problem with such a conflict is how we avoid nukes...

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I see nothing wrong in flying a Hornet, especially if it's a SuperBug! It's a Multirole fighter so both aspacts are pleased (dogfighters and groundpounders). Oh...and it's a Carrier friendly airplane!

EF2000, Rafale, Gripen pose a great advance in aviation but those are still conventional aircraft. So no "classified data" excuses to make 'em untouchable for modelling!

I think that next project should be some fixed wing multirole fighter to keep both gunso crews and groundpounders equally interested in DCS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would like to see a future conflict scenario between India and Pakistan, Mig-29 vs. F-16 just the aircraft models that has been hinted at in the past.

''Alexander "Tihon" Tikhonov

Eagle Dynamics: projects, ideas, new simulators " Black Shark " (Ka-50 "Hokum"), " Tank Killers "(DCS at this moment-Kusch), "F-16" and more. Article contains many untranslatable Russian expressions and a word-play.

To visit developers of a simulator - it is very interesting, therefore when such opportunity was presented me, I nepreminul to it to take advantage and have paid a visit to Needles Dajnemiks - a command of developers Lock On and Flanker. To them was what to show - in fact now in development they have three projects. Wish to know what and when to wait for their output? Read further!

Inside and outside

Has met me Andrey Chizh and has shown the project about which virpilam it is known - Lock On 1.2 with Ea-50 in a leaging role already a little. Looks - superb, especially if to consider, that it is an alpha the version. I shall tell under the order - developers sit in the big cabinet, on a wall the NATO card of the Black Sea region, a photo of planes, ZSH on a shelf, a board with formulas - at once is clear, than here are engaged. Andrey brings me to the workplace and shows Lock On 1.2. While the interface completely looks as " Hot rocks ", to guess, that it is version 1.2 possible only having chosen " the Black shark " in the editor. And as soon as mission was loaded - significant differences at once become visible.

Ea-50 costs on the ground (the truth the basic racks the chassis are groundless, but this business easily reperable) - model of the helicopter even is more detailed, than model No-25O in Lock On 1.1" Hot rocks " - are visible the smallest details, rivets, units under lattices. The plug of the screw is fairly drawn and animated. From within the cabin is looked fine. Though while there are no separate structures, there are defects, but that that is already drawn and works - inspires. All devices in a cabin will work, for example system " Screen " which in the previous versions is not simulated. The first that is evident - now a cabin completely tryohmerna. Besides that it is better looked, it allows to realize realistic effects of action of an overload on a head of the pilot. And in a combination with TrackIR the three-dimensional cabin gives very interesting opportunities and makes impression almost a virtual reality - when it is possible privstat in an armchair of the helicopter and to look at lens ILS, to shift a head, for example, to the left and to look at process of landing, seeing a board of the helicopter or to move a body forward and to look through a shoulder. On pressing Alt the screen appears perekrestie and one more advantage of a new cabin - clickability opens. Developers promise full conformity of procedures of work with the engine and systems of arms to those actions which are carried out by real pilot Ka-50, minor systems, probably, will be a little bit simplified. Klikabelen even shchitok ILS - the switch "put-night-grid", the regulator of brightness, the button "test" - all it now works. By the way, itself ILS now also it is drawn fairly - beams pass through two lenses. And the image of "Squall" is deduced on the convex screen of the Soviet TV set.

Now the helicopter vigorously flies under control of UAFM (simplified uluchshenoj lyotnoj models - for pilots-beginners), high-grade AFM while is in development. Letabelnyj Ea-50 new tactical opportunities will present us many - to storm, being hidden from enemy fire behind structures and a relief to do all tricks accessible to the present coaxial helicopter: to be developed during movement, not changing a direction to fly sideways and so on. Andrey Chizh does a turn and includes a gun: " That it there goes? The bus with pioneers? No, the nine. With Basayev ". Combines a label on ILS with the purpose - the nine tonet in a cloud of breaks of gun shells... And easy goes further. Catching of bugs still is necessary.

ABRISuju opportunities

The Separate mention is deserved by system ABRIS - developers of a simulator have taken from developers ABRISa the documentation on a civil variant of system and realized system... Absolutely completely. In a management to " Hot rocks " about three hundred pages, approximately as much pages only in an official management to ABRISu, how many they will be in all management to Lock On 1.2? Be going to cram, misters virpily! But ABRIS gives the sea of new opportunities - to such navigating tortures as in No-25, the end has come, in Ea-50 it is possible to see a card of district (same as in the editor of missions) with the route laid after it, most to correct a route during flight to set new PPM, to measure map distances, to mark zones of defeat enemy ZRK which will be drawn in view of a relief, to use GPS and GLONASS... Yes all also you will not list! The heaped up piece. And here "Birch" on " the Black shark " is not present - only at the left on a ceiling four bulbs of the prevention of a laser irradiation. So to receive in a tail a rocket with RGSN - it is not too complex.

Also developers realize glasses PNV for night flights. But Ea-50 - not the night helicopter, it is possible to fly only on a route at night, and about fighting application of speech does not go - "Squall" during dark time of day is useless, unless a gun and NURSami in a mode "Grid". The kind from glasses of night vision - all is bright-green, contrast and in optical noise, " in diamonds " - strengthened light from stars does the sky their very large.

In version 1.2 of all boats will translate on standard model of flight (SFM), that will not affect in any way on FPS. Lock On 1.2 will leave roughly in March, 2006, but everyone the alpha can try the version of game at the stand 1N on air show IAEN-2005 which will pass from August, 16 till August, 21st.

Plans gromade

Also I managed to talk to Igor Tishin - director of the company. It has told about strategic plans Eagle Dynamics - that waits for us after output Lock On 1.2. The first project which during release Lock On 1.2 will already pass a stage of aaoa-testing is a game with working name Tank Killers. In it detailed elaboration of the Earth will be simply improbable: the polygonal trees unsteady under impulses of a wind and breaking at collisions with them, a grass which waves from the air stream created by blades of the helicopter... Similar, developers from Eagle Dynamics have conceived to establish absolutely new quality standard of study of an environment. For a role of murderers of tanks apply Ea-50, the Apache, A-10 and No-25, but this list can change. Gradually in Tank Killers it is planned to tighten all planes from Lock On.

Except for cooperation with UbiSoft, Eagle Dynamics does successes and in independent promotion on the market and sale of the products - through the Internet. In TankKillers this method will receive the further development - letabelnye planes and battlefields will be got on one and to be built in a product.

The Second project is a simulator of fighter F-16 (on which at developers huge quantity of the literature). F-16 it will be realized sverhpodrobno, down to insertion of refueling hoses and connection of wires - Falkon will seem to us a pity arcade. Such quality of study is planned because this simulator, in a combination to a training cockpit of manufacture of the Spanish firm (with which cooperates ED), will be used as a real simulator of pilots! You Want - fly on a computer, and you want - buy a cockpit for one million dollars (only!) Also fly almost on the present. Besides developers of game have an arrangement with Mikoyan's firm about granting all open materials on fighters the Instant. So there is a hope to see in this game so worked IeA-29NIO and IeA-29E (new Indian). The Battlefield of a simulator will be the Near East - Syria, Lebanon and other countries. In due course it is planned to simulate all round Earth, but separate regions will be in details worked. Roughly game will leave in one and a half-two year.

Well, plans at Eagle Dynamics huge, we shall wish their of good luck, let they and further please us with the best hardkornymi simulators. Apparently, without favourite business we in the nearest some years shall not remain - and it is healthy.''

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

Does BS have a nuclear weapon?

I would like to see a nuclear explosion with lock on graphic.... Last game with nuke I remember was F-22 L3 from NovaLogic.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

What Add-Ons NOT to Make? V-22 Osprey

DCS is, at first, a chopper sim, but what is a V-22? A chopper? An airplane?

Read this article before...

http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,1666282,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/2007/osprey/

And after, say who will develop a sim (or an add-on) for the Osprey.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz; Intel Board DG41RQ; Sparkle GF 9800 GT 1 GB DDR3; 2 x Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G 2 GB DDR2 800; Samsung SyncMaster T240M LCD; Samsung HD502HI 500GB 5400rpm; Samsung CDDVDW SH-S223C; eXtream X-Raptor 650W FEX-65P14HE; Leadership Commander 6731; Clone Cobra 01654; Leadership Twin Turbo 1021;D-LINK DWA 510; WISE RJAC-323 Black Piano; Zalman ZM-F3 LED 120 mm; Windows 7 HP 64.

What? What are you talking about?

Nevermind, I only hope in BS or next add-on will be nuke.

ಠ_ಠ

I would be willing to pay upwards of $100.00 for an F-14 module that was fully detailed to the extent that the Ka-50 is supposed to be. Sounds crazy, but if done right it would be well worth the money to me. Although, since it's no longer in service, I would imagine that ED doesn't want to include something that could potentially kill at twice the range of all other aircraft. Here's hoping though...;)

Does A-10 looks like a chopper?

No... it doesn't.

:megalol:

Surely not! But what about KA-50 (aka Black Shark)? It's this type of chopper:thumbup: I was talking about!

"

"DCS: Black Shark"

Ka-50_cut.jpg "DCS: Black Shark" is a PC game of the Russian Ka-50 attack helicopter and is the first title in a new Eagle Dynamics and The Fighter Collection simulation series: "Digital Combat Simulator" (DCS)

"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz; Intel Board DG41RQ; Sparkle GF 9800 GT 1 GB DDR3; 2 x Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G 2 GB DDR2 800; Samsung SyncMaster T240M LCD; Samsung HD502HI 500GB 5400rpm; Samsung CDDVDW SH-S223C; eXtream X-Raptor 650W FEX-65P14HE; Leadership Commander 6731; Clone Cobra 01654; Leadership Twin Turbo 1021;D-LINK DWA 510; WISE RJAC-323 Black Piano; Zalman ZM-F3 LED 120 mm; Windows 7 HP 64.

I think you have to think about everybodys requirements here...

1, ED need to make money in order to make add on's in the first place...

- If they make some obscure aircraft that nobody has any desire for, they're taking a huge risk, if people don't buy, they're in trouble...

2, Patriotism...

- The majority of people want to fly the aircraft that their nation flies, and there aren't that many aircraft that have been exported as much as the F-16 or Mig-29 for that matter. So in my opinion, not to do the F-16 if they have the information required would be a commercial shot in the foot.

3, Balance...

- ED need to listen to their audience (which they say they are already)... The one thing that comes up over and over again on the boards is the ability to fight one another in multiplayer match ups...

Mig-29 vs Mig-29 is all well and good, but people really want to mix it up, and Mig-29 vs F-16, or SU-27 vs F-15 is much more what many people are after...

Keep the Audience happy and balance the release of aircraft to East, West, East, West, and you'll have a happy audience...

4, Appeal...

- How can the aircraft module being made be used...? Is it soley and air to air platform, or can the mud movers have fun with it too...? Yet again, another scenario in which the F-16 meets the broadest audience.

Let me finish by saying that I'm not an F-16 fanboy. Sure it's a nice jet, and I would fly it if ED made it, but I'd fly pretty much anything they could think of to strap onto DCS.

Personally, even though I'm an out and out mud mover, I'd like to explore the 2 seater thing a little more with Tomcats and Hornets and get into real 1990's East vs West carrier operations in a huge ocean map in the Barents sea.

:pilotfly:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This must give the Mig a fair headstart :

Besides developers of game have an arrangement with Mikoyan's firm about granting all open materials on fighters the Instant. So there is a hope to see in this game so worked IeA-29NIO and IeA-29E (new Indian).

Though - & I'm dropping this hint everywhere I go - make the next plane after the A10 & blue chopper the SU-25 !!!

Cheers.

:rolleyes:

Lol mate have you actually ever flown Open Falcon?!? Compared to the vanilla it changes everything, and yeah, it took Falcon nine years to ripen to the only real high fidelity sim that`s currently available...

Of course, its the only Falcon I fly (actually had flown, because right now I don't have so much time like I used to). Anyway, what do Open Falcon gives, that the old Falcon 4.0 didn't had ? Datalink and radios, are only things that came to my mind right now. Better graphics, 6DOF 3D cockpit etc. - that's just a CPR on that sim, just to make it still alive and playable 9 years after release. That sim won't ever get fully clickable cockpit, the HUD will always be a 2D, the AI won't get any better, the graphics can by updated only to a some degree (RV got it high... but screwed up the perspective), the Flight model, although mathematically correct it'll always be a bit of... robotic (check Condor Soaring Simulation, for the ultimate 'feel' of aircraft - unbeatable), damage model - still doing 1, 0 on airframe, you're ok, or you've just blown up. There is so much things you could do in games today, so many things for improvement it would be shame not to try.

And the second thing... look at the falcon community, look how big it is... think what could happen if somebody do a F-16 sim, that had everything Falcon4.0 had... and more. Huge pile of money comes to my mind :thumbup:

Actually the things you can do with todays computers and technology availble to the masses is mind bogling, the DCS won't get even close to what really could've been done. Lets sum few things from other games here: Just think of the weather and whole world from FSX, add Volumetric clouds/smoke/fire/fog just like it looks in Crysis, get speedtree, put avionics from Falcon mods, and thrown in some physics stuff Ageia gives with their free physics engine (mainly the cloth thing), structural rigidnes, like in Rigsofrods... etc etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

I'm really glad you cut your post there, because, just tell me... how many of those "new" things are there just to try keep pace with other sims... that are not really modern anyway, and I'm actually thinking about two of them - the Lock on, and MS Flight Simulator. Because, c'mon, it's 2007, you can't play a game where you hear "ghrghrgrgrrhrghrghgrr..." from your speakers ! That's not JFS! That's, my neighbor's lawn-mower ! The sound have to be on a level with modern games. The same goes with 'stable multiplayer' ... Who want's to play a game which online gaming means reconnecting every 30 seconds, and between - trying to guess where the opponent really is, because he's bunny hoping all over your screen ?

Seriously, what they did? What were the milestones in Open Falcon, that you can say: "Yes, this is new quality. This is something I can play for the next 9 years ! "

There aren't any!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nah, you got me wrong ;)

Let's start from the beginning, shall we ?

It's 1998, and the Falcon 4.0 draw a line, a point where you could go with avionics and campaign design. Than Lock On came... and not getting into talk if it was rushed, or who's blame was it - it didn't go as far as that older sim. But in graphics, online code, playability and 'feel' was ahead, and was still improving. The Falcon 4.0 stopped at 1.08 in somewhere 1999, anything more had to be done by the community, and was restricted to the original .exe - and its possibilities are running out.

No one can tell that Open Falcan, or Red Viper for that matter, is as good as it gets, and we don't need another F-16 sim. We do. Actually we need it more than ever, because of the possibility to actually fly it against something living. We'll get Ka-50, than AH-64, after that A-10A, so next should be the SU-25T, just as counterweight... so what would be better for next two airplanes than F-16 and MiG-29/35 as multirole fighters ? Than Su-27/30 and F-15C/E as air superiority, Su-33 and F-14 for carrier ops, and MiG-29K and F/A-18 for the total mix ?

We can't scratch aircrafts only because they already had their 5 minutes - decade ago. Yes, we should introduce new machines, but have to constantly improve, those who we know. Especially when many people who was raised on Falcon series, are now really flying them, this is the point, where you can get as much information as possible, missing that chance would be unforgiving.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]