Restock Jan 26 didn't last very long.

Kirin

Tried to get the CM2 throttle. Was on the page on time. About 3 minutes past 4pm GMT the throttle was available. Put it in the cart but it wouldnt load the checkout page. After I tried with edge 10min later the throttle was already out of stock... althoug it still in my cart.

I really think Virpil should implement a better pre-order system if they cannot keep up with the demand. I was looking forward to my purchase today.

It's absolutely beyond me why they don't allow ordering of out of stock items, surely people are not having an issue with them not being able to be shipped anytime soon but at least you know that the order is placed. It would also help them to gauge interest... but hey

It’s beyond me how they haven’t fixed the e-commerce site. It favors those within the EU and essentially let’s them grab an item from your cart due to lag. From past experience 3 minutes past the GMT specified is 2 min and 59 seconds too late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they do it as people would be waiting months for products otherwise. You have seen how bad people get when they don't get an update every week on here. Let alone when the have dropped £600 on something.

Having shopped with them three times so far, usually from ordering to receiving an in-stock item has taken about 6 weeks each time.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I gave up! Bought TM warthog, it was my second choice. Replaced my X-55. I still may purchase Virpil in the future dedicated for helicopters. We will see.
I would recommend them to anyone. Love my products.

I think like anything in this hobby. You have to have patience. They are small and boutique, but worth it.

I would recommend them to anyone. Love my products.

I think like anything in this hobby. You have to have patience. They are small and boutique, but worth it.

The thing is, it's not about patience. It's about pure luck and maybe geographical location. There is no way to assure the same thing won't happen to me again the next time I stand in line. Someone could decide by pure chance on the day the restock happens to by the product I want and by chance get the e-shop to work as it should while I sit with a cart in checkout limbo. Imagine waiting in line for your favourite show patiently for several hours and someone cuts in and gets the last ticket. Not a very pleasent expierence I guess.

I wouldn't have the slightest problem drawing a ticket and wait in line being assured that it will be my turn eventually. Everyone with a number lower to me gets it first while everyone with a higher number has to wait a little longer. For me that seems fair.

The product is great. And that is Virpils only saving grace for me atm. Today was a very frustrating experience and if there would have been a competitor with a product in a similar ballpark I would have gone for them. But they won't be the only option forever.

The thing is, it's not about patience. It's about pure luck and maybe geographical location. There is no way to assure the same thing won't happen to me again the next time I stand in line. Someone could decide by pure chance on the day the restock happens to by the product I want and by chance get the e-shop to work as it should while I sit with a cart in checkout limbo. Imagine waiting in line for your favourite show patiently for several hours and someone cuts in and gets the last ticket. Not a very pleasent expierence I guess.

I wouldn't have the slightest problem drawing a ticket and wait in line being assured that it will be my turn eventually. Everyone with a number lower to me gets it first while everyone with a higher number has to wait a little longer. For me that seems fair.

The product is great. And that is Virpils only saving grace for me atm. Today was a very frustrating experience and if there would have been a competitor with a product in a similar ballpark I would have gone for them. But they won't be the only option forever.

I can't vouch for your experience, but I have found that if you check after it has all gone your be surprised. I have found stuff is all gone, and maybe people don't finish purchase or the website over allocates but stuff appears. Hang in there it's worth it.

Again, I really don't doubt that the product would be worth it but the process getting it is not ok. With the current system you can only add products to your cart which are in stock which implies that the system would keep track what products are ordered and how many are left but at the same time it's possible that the product your have in your cart is literally taken out of it by another customers whos browser is better implemented, has a better connection to their server or whos credit card company did not experience a hiccup.

Yeah , i would consider upgrading to Virpil or VKB , but their products are practically unobtainium :(

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I guess there are reasons why they haven't scaled up their manufacturing to meet demand, maybe they just want to keep a steady flow of orders?

In any case, if they allowed new orders even when they were out of stock we'd probably be looking at a 6-12 month waiting time, as opposed to a 6-12 week one - I don't think people would be happy with that scenario either, just look at the problems with Realteus, WinWing, etc....

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

I guess there are reasons why they haven't scaled up their manufacturing to meet demand, maybe they just want to keep a steady flow of orders?

In any case, if they allowed new orders even when they were out of stock we'd probably be looking at a 6-12 month waiting time, as opposed to a 6-12 week one - I don't think people would be happy with that scenario either, just look at the problems with Realteus, WinWing, etc....

Well, with the current system there is no guaranty you get a spot at all. Depending on your internet connection, demand and luck you gonna miss out every single time. I can understand there is very limited stock. I am a person that can accept to stand in line for something. But I hate seeing people bully past me just because their browser didnt muck up in the crucial moment.

This makes absolutely no sense, it doesnt influence how many units they can produce but they could interpolate for each product how long in average it would take to wait to fulfill demand. The way they do it they just piss off people, it's a frustrating experience to say the least.

If i would do this in my retail store people would be pissed for a very good reason, what makes this worse is that they are the manufacturer, so no alternatives unless you switch brands.

This makes absolutely no sense, it doesnt influence how many units they can produce but they could interpolate for each product how long in average it would take to wait to fulfill demand. The way they do it they just piss off people, it's a frustrating experience to say the least.

If i would do this in my retail store people would be pissed for a very good reason, what makes this worse is that they are the manufacturer, so no alternatives unless you switch brands.

They could have a waiting list with people paying a non-refundable deposit, at least then they could predict wait times. I guess you guys would be happy parting with a deposit and then being added to a waiting list? Has anyone tried contacting them to suggest this?

At the end of the day people will be pissed whatever they do - as people don't like waiting once they've paid for something and don't like being unable to purchase something when they want it. Simple fact is they can't meet demand and unless they ramp up production the situation isn't going to change.

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings