No USAAF airfields?

Donut

I was looking over the list of airfields to be included on the Channel Map and noticed that there are no USAAF airfields. Is the list of airfields mentioned in the newsletter the complete list?

I find it strange that the P-47 will be released along with the Channel Map, but there are no USAAF airfields...

• Like 1

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

• ED Team

Hi

Currently the named airfields for the English side are

Manston

Detling

Hawkinge

Lympne

and for France

Dunkirk Mardyck

Saint-Omer Longuenesse

Merville Calonne

Abbeville Drucat

If that changes we will let you know.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

Currently the named airfields for the English side are

Manston

Detling

Hawkinge

Lympne

and for France

Dunkirk Mardyck

Saint-Omer Longuenesse

Merville Calonne

Abbeville Drucat

If that changes we will let you know.

Thanks

Thank you for the response.

You do know though that USAAF fighter and bomber squadrons operated from none of the airfields listed?

Where are virtual aviators of the P-51 and P-47 supposed to fly out of...realistically? Any airfield can of course be used, but if we are trying to recreate history or simulate it as close as possible, none of the airfields listed will work for USAAF operations.

• Like 1

USAAF 9th AF fields that could be on the map that realistically saw use by P-47 and P-51 units are as follows:

RAF Ashford

RAF Headcorn

RAF High Halden

RAF Kingsnorth

RAF Lashenden

RAF Staplehurst

RAF Woodchurch

These were ALGs, similar to those Allied fields seen on the bridgehead of the Normandy map. Generally they were operational from mid-43 till a little after the invasion, at which point they were generally redundant, torn up and the equipment taken to the continent for use in new ALGs there.

Edited by DD_Fenrir

USAAF 9th AF fields that could be on the map that realistically saw use by P-47 and P-51 units are as follows:

RAF Ashford

RAF Headcorn

RAF High Halden

RAF Kingsnorth

RAF Lashenden

RAF Staplehurst

RAF Woodchurch

These were ALGs, similar to those Allied fields seen on the bridgehead of the Normandy map. Generally they were operational from mid-43 till a little after the invasion, at which point they were generally redundant, torn up and the equipment taken to the continent for use in new ALGs there.

Thank you for the info.

While we don't know the exact area covered by the Channel map yet, we can kind of guess based on the listed airfields.

It's clear that the area of Kent, England will be included in the Channel map and that there were USAAF airfields located in this area.

BIGNEWY/ED,

Is there a reason why none of the USAAF airfields are included on the Channel map?

You can fly whatever the aircraft from whatever the place you want mate. Yet, we don't even know the final list (I hardly doubt they include only 8 strips in the whole map), so just wait for it.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Thanks!

I am impressed with this:

We have been listening to your feedback, and we will be adding a couple ALG’s in England that based USAAF units.

Nice one ED!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

RAF Ashford

RAF Headcorn

RAF High Halden

RAF Kingsnorth

RAF Lashenden

RAF Staplehurst

RAF Woodchurch

we can also add:

RAF Brenzett

RAF Lydd

RAF Newchurch

RAF New Romney

RAF Asford

8wjq.jpg

RAF Brenzett

w55u.jpg

RAF Headcorn

8tm1.jpg

RAF High Halden