Simshaker Device

Evening all,

Am looking for input / recommendations to improve the immersive experience in DCS. Currently using VR but looking at a rumble seat / shaker... I’ve come across a couple of devices, the Simshaker 2 the Realtus Forcefeel and the Jetseat.

For the most part there seems to be limited knowledge reviews or from what I’m reading these devices are couple years old allready and various complaints with built quality, non deliveries etc.

Also is there any Kickstarter projects in the pipeline to keep an eye on ....

Thanks chaps....

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’ve had a jetseat for 2 years and it’s used daily.

Brill piece of kit, happily recommended

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

The Gametrix Jetseat gets my hearty recommendation, works great with both DCS and IL-2 Great Battles, and combined with VR really helps to ramp up the immersion aspect.

Edited by Euan Emblin

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Go read the Realtus thread. Most people have not received theirs after months and months of waiting and keep getting the runaround. Get the Jetseat from Andre. It's a bit of a wait but you'll get what you ordered.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

I’m wondering if the jetseat and buttkicker would work well together. I’m thinking of upgrading my jet seat to a custom one that actually fits my seat in the pit and keeping the original for back control set when I travel in my Motorhome.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Ok hitting the button on Jetseat, thanks for info. One question do I need to purchase the Simshaker Wings with this ?..

Jim

Depends on what sims you intend to fly. DCS does not require the extra software but IL-2 does and you need the recently released beta to take advantage of it. Check out Andre's page for further details.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

I run the Jet Seat with a Butt Kicker. It can be a bit challenging to setup. I use Rift S and run the butt kicker on a splitter cable from a separate sound card.

I like running it when doing air to ground with A10 and really crank it up with the GAU. My wife often asks what I'm doing that is making so much noise. :pilotfly:

Aura Interactor I have used this for the past 15 years if not more, at one point two of them on various pit, it's actually plug and play. the only thing you need to do it take off the transducer out of the vest and mounted on your chair or pit and connect the Amp. Cheap too

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AURA-Interactor-Black-Virtual-Reality-Game-Gear-Super-Nintendo-And-SEGA-Genesis/264400536443?hash=item3d8f80037b:g:pNYAAOSw0dpdLKmZ

Marc..

Aura Interactor I have used this for the past 15 years if not more, at one point two of them on various pit, it's actually plug and play. the only thing you need to do it take off the transducer out of the vest and mounted on your chair or pit and connect the Amp. Cheap too

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AURA-Interactor-Black-Virtual-Reality-Game-Gear-Super-Nintendo-And-SEGA-Genesis/264400536443?hash=item3d8f80037b:g:pNYAAOSw0dpdLKmZ

Marc..

That's pretty cool, from 1994. I'd never heard of it before.

There's several on ebay, what size is the transducer?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool, from 1994. I'd never heard of it before.

There's several on ebay, what size is the transducer?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sorry for the blurry picture, the transducer is about 4 1/2"

tranducer_zpszkor8q3x.jpg

You can see it there above my pedals

generic%20pit_zpsmj9epbjg.jpg

Marc..

Edited by Marcq

• 9 months later...